[Guide] Esamir Snowman spawn map.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sladuog, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Akeita

What's your guys recommended vehicles ? A flash or an ESF ?
  2. Kunavi

Wraith Flash should work, ESF will be targeted too much from others having the same thoughts about mobility... :p Harasser might work although it's a bit more noticeable. You know what would definitely work? A Cease-Fire. But that concept is too grand I suppose?
  3. RHINO_Mk.II

Skyguard. Fast, maneuverable, and you can blow the **** out of any ESFs who try to ruin your search. Just be prepared to run if you see a tank.
  4. NC_agent00kevin

Ive done this only to defend myself against a few random ESFs to have them come back with an entire air force after a couple [that attacked me first] got shot down. For me, wraith Flash works best. I think I have level 3, which is enough to zip between hiding spots and spend most of your time out in the open cloaked. I also run surger chassis on the flash so racer would improve that. I dont recommend wasting certs on a flash upgrade that you wouldnt otherwise need though.
  5. isilyan

Nice mine placement sopts, if the damn At-mines where not still bugged;)
  6. NC_agent00kevin

Lot of douchetatsic pilots out looking for easy lolpodding.

That would be nice but all the wanna be MLG stat-padders wouldnt have it. Probably cant hack it in a real battle so they cruise barren, empty lands searching for the random snowman hunter. Only one of them has managed to kill me yet, but they blew up a few of my Flashes.

Personally, I leave other hunters alone. If we have to fight over a snowman, so be it...but I only need a golden one anyway. I would let anyone else get a regular one since I already got the title. TR, VS, I dont care. Get your snowman and we can fight for a Golden one if that how it has to be. I certainly have no intentions of going out podfarming in a Reaver for meager Xp when I could grab a shotgun or LMG and get far more in a real battle.
  7. TKBoom

Here's my story:

I literally spent today roaming the NC part of Esamir looking for snowmen. Took over an hour to find my first and I was excited. 3 hours, or so, later, I had the 10 I needed for the title but still no gold. I just kept running around hitting the same spots I saw on a couple of maps that other's had posted, and visited some spots that weren't on the maps that I found myself. All told, I probably spent upwards of 8 hours, possibly more, until I finally found a gold one. It was in a spot I hadn't been through before and wasn't on either of the player-posted maps I was checking. The gold one puts my grand total at somewhere near 20.

I have screenshots of ALL the locations I found snowmen but have no idea how to merge/collage/combine them into one map with dots on it. I wish I did as the two maps I used helped me get started and I'd like to help others as well. BTW, the map in this post wasn't one of the two I used. It has a LOT more dots on it. LOL

I went as an Infiltrator, on foot, with a bolt-action sniper rifle. I shot many snowman from a distance as soon as I saw them. I actually shot two consecutively that had spawned close enough I hit both from where I was.

I don't know what the respawn time is but the locations seem to fixed. I believe there are multiple locations in a given area where they spawn, but they won't necessarily spawn at all of them at the same time. I did see two at once in one location, though, so I guess it's possible.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. I went on my NC main so I left from the NW warpgate.
    • Up x 1
  8. MaxDamage

Cheers for this, got my golden (after some dedicated and frustrating play!) largely thanks to this map.
  9. MrPokealot

For anyone who has photoshop CS5, just open 2 map files and adjust the opacity till you get a good enough overlay. Darken the markers with something like MS paint, then print screen.

For a lower tech method, print out the two maps to the same scale and size and then mark them down
  10. Hughes

As an alternative to checking out every single point on the map, knowing that a lot folks will be doing the same, I simply started walking around and exploring points of interest (clumps of trees/rocks/crystals). It took me roughly two hours to snag the title and a single golden snowman, but I got off to a lucky streak in the first 10 minutes by finding three snowmen in a row.

It would have probably been faster to drive or fly, but being on foot encouraged me to be extra thorough when checking out an area, and on several occasions I bagged a snowman that the low-flying ESFs had just missed.
  11. biterwylie

I was stalking the frozen waste close to the Terren scums Warp Gate yesterday. Looking around with a x12 scope I spotted a small squad of TR players standing around a snowman. They were obviously waiting for something, or someone... Sure enough in comes a low flying Mossi. So I put a bullet in that watery pile of snow :cool:

Ahhhhhh the hate tells :D They were calling over a squad mate who only needed one more snowman HAHAHAH.
    • Up x 3
  12. Paqu

Does the snowmans show up on thermal?
  13. Lewk

Thanks for the guide! Got all 10 + golden off this :D
  14. Justicia

No they don't, they're made of snow :)
    • Up x 4
  15. biterwylie

LOL :D
  16. Goretzu

The problem with the Flash is you end up having to go to some off-beat places which inevitably leads to you flipping it in the middle of nowhere (even with Surger 3). :D

The other problem is you don't have 360 degree vision, so I'd lean towards Harrasser or Lighting (in your own territory at least) if you don't want to fly.
    • Up x 1
  17. jeuvisage

Skyguard. Less likely to flip over, faster and because most people are hunting in ESFs, you have something to do and a way to defend yourself.
  18. Vaphell

My take on flipping over is if you go with the top speed over the bumps you are going to have a hard time. Accelerate only on flat surfaces, use inertia and/or gravity to traverse hard parts and you will be ok.

too bad yesterday on Ceres NC was almost gated and the map was all pink. I got the title in under 1hr (no gold though) using my barebone wraith flash and driving all over the map, even getting lost enough to get the 'out of bounds' warning next to the TR warpgate. There were many scythe douches in the air but I died once to a harasser hero I faceplanted into in a very rough terrain (we know how well All Terrain Vehicles manage all terrain in this game so I was dead in the water).
    I've seen ESFs, few flashes, skyguards, 1 or 2 harassers and even few sunderers.
  19. Goretzu

If you're driving around for hours looking in the out of they way (and hilling, rocky, tree filled) areas you're mostly likely to find an unnoticed snowman spawn, it is literally only a matter of time until you flip it (unless you're driving so slowly it'll take you weeks to find them).
  20. Xhaleon

The map is missing the sunken Amp Station near the Rink.

This special spot has at least three snowmen spawn locations. Two on one side of the Amp Station's shell, near those little yellow discs popping out of the snow, and one more in an alcove in the shadowed outdoor part of the station, all ground level.

I don't know how long their spawn timers are, but it seems that very few people bothered to search the sunken Amp Station. When I first traveled to the place, I nabbed all three snowmen. Beginners' luck I guess, I haven't been genocidal against snowmen for very long.