[Guide] Esamir Snowman spawn map.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sladuog, Dec 19, 2013.

1. KoS-1

I should have checked. :) Maybe it was a lost snowman.

It was the only time I saw one too. Not to say there weren't more. It was the only one/time I caught the white ring pinging.
  2. Zapon

Do the golds put a server message that one has spawned?

How do the golds work as far as spawning in? OR do they randomly spawn stealthily with no message and only the recon dart circles mentioned prior?
  3. Darkoce

Anyone know how many you need for the title? I read 10 somewhere but read something like 40 somewhere else.
  4. TKBoom

The golds just spawn when they spawn. You just have to be lucky enough to stumble upon one. There's no message or anything that indicates one has spawned.

10 snowmen for the "Snowblower" title.
  5. HyperSlug

The snowmen are cool! I really enjoyed the experience of hunting these little dudes and trying to keep out of sight, I've never gone this far behind enemy lines on my own before, I normally stick squad tight!

I met alot of friendly NC and VS on the way too nice to see that most of us were in the christmas spirit of the event

My Hunt took ~4 hours!
    (edit: i didn't know about the map on the first page lol - no map used on the video below)

6. Aleã

• Up x 1
  7. Aleã

^ Has grid errors!

Correct version with facility icons:
    [IMG]
  8. Flikswich

9. NovaAustralis

They are starting to form squads! :eek:
    • Up x 4
  10. IamDH

KILL THEM BEFORE THEY KILL US!

FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM!! OPPRESSION!
    • Up x 2
  11. Kevin12

Does anybody know if they show up on the minimap if you have scout/proximity radar?
  12. TKBoom

I don't think so. I found mine on foot as an infiltrator. Never thought to fire a dart to see if it showed up because as soon as I saw one, I shot it. However, they can not be "spotted" so I would guess they don't show up on radar.
    • Up x 1
  13. Darktemplar333

what does the yellow arrows mean? + the squares and triangles
  14. TKBoom

The yellow arrows are spots a previous poster added before he re-upped the picture. I think he just put the arrows in to show his new spots. The red dots and triangles are probably just different ways that people have added their locations, as far as I know.
  15. BoogieHegdehog

So do we know how the golden snowmen are spawned yet? One per continent? One per alert? I've yet to find a golden snowman after killing 20-30 normal snowmen.
    • Up x 1
  16. TKBoom

The only thing I've heard is that there's only one spawned at a time so you have be lucky enough to stumble across it. I killed upwards of 20 before I finally stumbled onto one. I have no idea if the "one at a time" is true, it's just something I read on the forums, not from a dev.
  17. BoogieHegdehog

Well looking at the leaderboards for snowmen killed and golden snowmen killed, it seems that roughly 1 in 25-30 snowmen killed is golden, guess I've gotta keep grinding.

Boards :
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb85EnQCIAAL0K8.png:large
  18. Vaphell

i got mine after ~20 white ones.
    Btw i think snowmen despawn after some time. I found one in bottom right part of E7 and yelled if anybody needs a white one. After few minutes i heard *poof* and he was no more. Maybe it got sniped from afar, but it's not very likely, the continent was largely empty at 5am.
  19. Illuminations

i find it funny that nobody has noticed that there actually is one underneath the East River Sky Station. Check it up!
    • Up x 1
  20. Garrett Black

I know that the maps your showing may be correct, but there are more and they most likely spawn at random, making it a treat to find one