Test Server Update October 23, 2013 4 PM

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadliestMoon

That's been around for a while, not really a problem. They just made the frequency of this happening less.
  2. EWarren

Time to do some test - more so now than ever
  3. notw2

I am getting worse frames then I would on the normal untouched game. I jumped on the test server and instantly getting less frames To compare. Warpgate with a a good amount of players in it 60 frames with out many like @ night i get 80 frames

test server
    there was maybe about 40-50 people on I was getting 50 to 35 frames....then I go to Zervan Amp station Alone noone else around 28 frames

Another note Reg Server Same Amp station. 50 frames with noone there

Settings all on high shadows on med and phyx off/Particals off or low

Specs
    AMD 6300 Vishera oc 4.6ghz
    8gb ram
    560 ti 1 gb superclocked
  4. applepienation

I haven't dropped below 50 fps at all yet with ultra settings on an i5-4670k @ 4.5ghz and a HD7850.

I'm liking what you've done so far.
  5. CNR4806

There's no such thing as a "better" FPS bottleneck.

However, in the sense of the ongoing OMFG update, which mostly consists of CPU optimization changes, being CPU-bound would be "better" since you would get a more notable FPS boost.
  6. Fox Reinhold

Make sure to modify your usersettings.ini to match what the old one said. That's the only true way to get a comparison. The default UserSettings is ****e.
  7. notw2

Hm right I actually didnt think about that..Eh I will try it and see Ill re post on here after
  8. QFAN

"Server Unavailable" when I get to the list of characters
  9. Chowley

well done SOE it really made an incredible difference from what I have seen so far. Getting around 60fps in a fair sized fight at the crown, got up to 140fps in the warpgate. Large fights i usually drop down to 20 - 30 fps. Some odd aesthetic changes, but im sure ill come to like them. Absolutely cannot wait for this to come to the live server.

Server just went down.

Its really odd to play planetside 2 and not feel as if my character is enveloped in a viscous jelly. :)
  10. disky00

Yeah, is it down for the night? Was that just a quick test? Inquiring minds want to know.
  11. AGD4

I hope we get those numbers again. The crown was splendid. 70+ FPS with Twitch Stream.
  12. RoyAwesome

The server crashed
  13. Torok

damn I just woke up! :D

Amen hope the devs will get some sleep atleast, I'll go make something productive in the meanwhile... err.. right!

P.S. it's up and running

HOLY SWAG THE CENTRALIZED HUD

P.P.S. altabbed and the game ASPLODED!
  14. RoyAwesome

I blame codeForge
  15. QFAN

Did the exhausted devs fall asleep and physically take the server away while sleep walking?
  16. MrMurdok

I'M SO PUMPED
  17. codeForge

Server crash. We'll have it back up in a jiffah!
    • Up x 3
  18. D3amonEngineer

Correct me if i'm wrong. When i alt+f i get cpu and gpu fps around 25-30, so if it only uses cpu bound it will increase my fps? so how can i disable gpu bound because i will get mixed cpu and gpu. If i set in nvidia control panel set physx configuration there are CPU and also GPU normally i always set gpu, so if now i change to cpu physx processor at the control panel will it only use my cpu instead of using both cpu and gpu and also increase my fps?
  19. Nilbog

Thanks!
  20. Maxo

So the optimizations were only CPU-wise? im still getting crappy frames, although i know my graphics card aint that good it should do a bit better with everything but textures being low
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.