Test Server Update October 23, 2013 4 PM

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tier1trooper

Got into a Bio lab fight with 100+ people at 40FPS, normally get 10!
    40-80 fps around Indar otherwise with only one card, same or better than I get with two on Waterson!Also, game finally maxes out two cores! ... of my four lol. ;-;

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
    Phenom II x4 AM2+ @ 3.5GHz / HT @ 2Ghz
    8GB DDR2-800 CL5
    Radeon HD4870X2 1GB/Card @ 750/1000 with 13.9 drivers

1280x800 @ 100% render quality
    All at high/Ultra excluding particles/shadows which are low/off respectively. Planetside has also finally started using most of my 1GB Vram and maxing out my GPU almost constantly, that didn't happen before! (GJ dev team)

Anyone else still see that bug with fog shadows on and shadows off, in a foggy environment? (Hint: go flying)

Game on!
  2. SierraAR

Having random crashes during the game, where it just completely locks up, and windows says the game is not responding. Sound still plays, but it just continues looping whatever noises were happening when it crashed.
  3. Nilbog

It seems Fog Shadows is causing major performance hits. Maybe it hasn't been optimized?

I take a 30 FPS (not kidding) hit by enabling Fog Shadows alone, it also seems to reduce my CPU usage. No other game does this with Fog Shadows. Just wanted to point this out, because they are gorgeous and i want to enable them : (

Win 7 64-bit
    i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz
    8 GB RAM @ 1600 MHz
    (x2) R6970 Lightnings @ 960/1400 MHz
    Intel 520 (PS2 is here)
  4. okolepooka

Completely locked up my system while loading the game for the first time...had to flip the power supply switch to restart it.

system:
    Win 7 home premium 64bit
    fx-6300 @4ghz
    EVGA gtx-660
    G.skill ares 8 gb DDR3

edit:
    Tried launching again, crashed on launch, and again and again...I'll wait a few days to try again
  5. printlnHello

I normally get 30 fps outside the warpgate, now I get 40-80 fps, although my screen sometimes freezes for a second ( not with smoothing enabled ).

My PC is not too bad:
    Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
    Intel i7-3470 4x3.4 GHz
    GTX 660 Ti
    8 GB DDR3

To get 30 fps again I would have to set the overall render quality to 1.5 in UserOptions.ini, so great job Devs ;)
    And propably the most important fix: My game doesn't crash on exit :D
  6. blueangleofdeath

The game seems to completely close when I log off. It skips the character screen now.
  7. Lazaruz

Just some quick first impressions from the test server in video form...

8. PWGuy93

Please please please hoping there's a LOT of debug code on the test server.
    Am now seriously CPU bound, lower frame rates, had to drop to medium and low on most settings to even get past movement stutter in medium scale fights.
  9. alej

Damn.. im getting lower FPS in the test server :(
    I play with ultra settigns (sistem.ini file) and get 30+ in crowded biolabs, 40+ in huge fights and 50-70 else, 70+ fps in warpgate. In the test server im getting now 40-50 in normal fights, my fps reduced by ~10 :( anyone alse having the same issue? In the warpgate im still getting 70+ thought.
    runing i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz, gtx 660ti SC, and 16gb ram 1600 mhz. Im also getting random framedrops (like in BF4 betta happened)
  10. MERCURY

Fog shadows works fine with Crossfire disabled. I had same issue and was trouble shooting. So I turned off my Crossfire and presto, it works. Since the game isn't optimized for Crossfire you won't see much of an fps loss vs using 2 gpus. I hope this helps.
  11. alej

Edit: Restarted the Test server and now it's runing fine, there is an increase in my FPS. Thanks devs your doing an amazing job :) Im still getting random framedrops thought and in someplaces my frames are a little bit lower specially in spawnrooms, werid, but overall the perdormance is better.
  12. Corporate Thug

Thanks SOE! I never saw 100 FPS outside of the warpgate before today! I even hit 140 @ the crown with 100 guys there! Some desync'ing but overall you guys did extremely well. Usually I would only get like 30-40 FPS in 48vs48 fights, but the average today was probably about 75.

6x AMD @ 3.3ghz
    8gb ram
    AMD 7850 2gb card
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.