Test Server Update October 23, 2013 4 PM

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codeForge

One option when you're GPU bound is to reduce your resolution, or Render Quality, or some of the other settings.
    • Up x 1
  2. Maxo

Running at a resolution of 1280x1024 and 80% render quality, still getting crappy framerate, card is a OC'd HD5670 so im guessing its not good enough for this game after all?
  3. Regpuppy

Currently, when you aim down sights. At least with iron sights, the heads of some dummies do not render. Also, those invisible collision boxes in VR have become physical and won't let infantry pass or shoot through them. This includes on the shooting ranges, so you cannot shoot at those dummies.
  4. notw2

Yeah Crappy FPS still
  5. ELMario

when is this test server gonna be up
  6. MrMurdok

Oh my god.

I want that game, it's like Planetside 2.0
  7. Rejemah

I'm getting 80+ FPS in the normal world, with 50-60 when Smoothing is turned on.

It's dropping to 2-5 fps whenever I hit the crown, and it constantly spikes up and down. When looking normally at it, I was getting 40+ fps, but moving and other things had awful spikes to it.
  8. disky00

Yeah, seems like lots of people are getting spikes in populated areas (The Crown). I'm sure that was the number one reported bug as soon as the fighting began, and will probably be the first thing to get resolved. Overall, very excited for all of the new changes. The new UI looks really cool, and don't even get me started on the optimized textures. Despite being half the size they were, they actually look so much better. Tramell and the art team did a fantastic job.
  9. kurato

This update kill my framerate.
    I get 120 in live warpgate, I get 60 in test. I get 60~90 in live normally, 60~ish in 48+ battle, I get 45 constantly and dip to 10 randomly in test. Both having the same quality setup, and just a few day earlier I play in test, it was fine.
  10. QFAN

Full hardware spec and software environment please?
  11. QFAN

SOE probably has the same or very similar hardware in their lab, so tell them what you have and let them try to reproduce/fix it
  12. lilleAllan

What settings move load from CPU to GPU? I've heard texture quality - is this true? what else?
  13. D3amonEngineer

Before the update on Live server and Test server i was able to use both my CPU and my GPU also when i alt+f but after the hardware update on EU server and also after updated the 1.7gb patch for test server my laptop wont be using cpu anymore it only uses GPU if i alt+f. Please tell me how can i able to use it my cpu also for the game, this only happen after the most recent server update on live and also the test server. Hope to get a really good answer to also use my cpu back for the game.
  14. kurato

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/01/12 20:13:41 Ver: 04.01
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16324MB RAM
    Page File: 3381MB used, 12956MB available

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6738)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6738&SUBSYS_31031682&REV_00
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1003 MB
    Shared Memory: 3092 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
  15. nallar

Could we have more advanced graphics settings? The "graphics quality" setting changes lots of stuff, it'd be nice to be able to individually tweak it (eg: turn off depth-of-field while ADSing while using other high settings).
  16. deggy

The Centralized HUD looks REALLY good.

And I'm assuming it's also faster.

So, win-win :D
  17. Maxo

This please? i'd really love playing on high graphical settings without enabling DoF while aiming down the sights (kills FPS) and being able to see bullet/explosive holes on medium settings instead of high only
    • Up x 1
  18. nallar

Even if these were only hidden settings in the config file it'd still be much nicer than what we're stuck with just now.
  19. darkstarzx2

OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME. I used to play anywhere from 10-30 fps, lowest settings possible. Now I'm playing 40+ and only slipping down to 30 during huge fights! XD
  20. EnricoP

what is happening is that you are GPU bound now, your CPU is still in use.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.