Test Server Update October 23, 2013 4 PM

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCwolf84

they said the serer would be locked down for a while im guessing that's why
    • Up x 1
  2. Sakamoto

Well, I can get to the main menu, but still says server unavailable. No big deal, I can wait.
  3. Arclegger Level Designer

We are locking the server and testing it internally before letting it out to the masses. Please be patient as we are just as excited as you guys are to test it. If we see in our tests that things are not running smoothly or there's just a massive bug we won't unlock the servers. If everything is a okay then we will unlock.
    • Up x 6
  4. Sakamoto

Thanks for the update, appreciate it. Hope it all goes well! One of the most exciting things for me for this game, and I've been here since tech test.
    • Up x 1
  5. TheStealth

and if everything were to go ok, when could we expect to get on the server? i know it's hard to say a number but it'd be good to know if we have to wait around 1 hour or around 20 :)
    also, are all continents already optimized or just one? and which one?^^
  6. nikev21

It installs an additional 1,777 MB if you have the test server already installed
  7. Arclegger Level Designer

Can't say for sure but I'll try and keep you guys updated. Right now I would say more than an hour and less than 20 ;)

Edit: This one just has Indar and Esamir optimized. Amerish will be optimized when we push it with the lattice revamp at a later date. But the entire game as a whole has been optimized, Amerish just doesn't have continent specific optimizations yet.
    • Up x 6
  8. daniel696

An Adam Clegg post :eek:
  9. MrMurdok

Given that we were only expecting an Indar optimization pass, on top of the core mechanics optimization, I'd see I can't wait for the server to be unlocked to try out the new. err, everything!
  10. Giggily

Is the Amerish optimization release going to coincide with its redesign? Because man I hope that happens sooner or latter. Hidden Ridge Mining looks pretty radical..
  11. Arclegger Level Designer

Amerish Lattice will include redesign, revamp, whatever you'd like to call it.
    • Up x 4
  12. MrMurdok

The amount of Clegg in this thread is just damn fine.
    • Up x 9
  13. Rockit

Yeah who let Clegg out of the coal mine?
    • Up x 5
  14. WyrdHarper

Is the Amerish lattice a long-term thing as well, or has it been being developed alongside optimization? The few base designs we've seen from you for New Amerish look pretty sweet!
  15. Arclegger Level Designer

It's because Maggie and Higby are in Brazilville so I thought I'd let you guys know.
    • Up x 3
  16. MrMurdok

So while Maggie and Higgles are bringin in the Huehuehue, Clegg is on a posting rampage. Love it!
    • Up x 2
  17. DistantPower

And Nexus? Any plans to optimize the BI?

Also have you fixed any preexisting bugs on PTS- Such as some broken UI like no facility names and occasionally a black, blank map and spawning completely hosed.
  18. Arclegger Level Designer

We are in a finish Amerish ASAP mode so hopefully not too long-term. Expect more frequent updates about it post O:MFG
    • Up x 6
  19. daniel696

I'm Brazilian, and how this huehuehue things has spread so much, jesus. Huehuehue here is just the way you laugh.
  20. DeadliestMoon

You didn't have to, it's not like we're your mother. But that reminds me, you look a little thin; have you been eating Adam?
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.