[Video] - Nanoweave is getting out of control

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mustarde, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Eugenitor

Subtle
  2. Earthman

Huge difference:

Liberator gunners aren't posting in forum demanding that what they're doing be made easier (they got to hit people with nanoweave, too!), nor do they babble about "skill" and say the word a lot like a mantra expecting the unwashed masses to bow in terror to them like Beloc just raised that creepy looking idol up to them in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    • Up x 1
  3. Earthman

Yep. If it was more subtle, he'd invert it and say it's a game for skilled players with skill and should be about skill and making sure skill is rewarded for skilled play because unskilled players need to be skilled like the skilled players and do skilled things. :rolleyes:
  4. Eugenitor

That's because they'd be laughed off the forum, as what they're doing is already too easy. Think of all the things that can kill you almost immediately in this game. Fracture MAXes, comet ZOEs, P2W noobcannons, nearly anything having to do with a vehicle... but suddenly, when it's snipers, everything they do has to be extra nerfed and super hard?

Assuming you have an engy near you, it is literally better to snipe with a Decimator or anti-air launcher (try it, the projectile travels fast and flies mostly straight) than a sniper rifle.
  5. Earthman

Let me stop laughing for a moment so I can type clearly.

There we go.

Sniping is extra nerfed and super hard? Right now? Is that so?

Log into Connery and join a fight in progress. Preferably anywhere with terrain that's higher than you. Play for five minutes. And then tell me how many super MLG pro athletes of unique talent and ability are present.

Are those super rare and gifted special people also disadvantaged at the same time and need nanoarmor nerfed? You want it both ways? Is this silver spoon they're feeding you with too tarnished?
  6. Brahma2

If you log into Connery and join a fight, you're going to see a bunch of bads who can't stand actually fighting.

Snipers should kill in a headshot on anyone, at any range, with a bolt action sniper rifle.

Bad players should learn to be better, or at least not stand still. It's next to impossible to hit a headshot on someone moving at range in this game thanks to just how tumultuous battles get.

Man the **** up people. Skill should be rewarded... why do vehicles deserve to one shot infantry at any range with any direct hit, and sniping someone in the head at 1000 meters isn't rewarded.

**** bad players.
    • Up x 1
  7. Earthman

What this is all boiling down to:

A lot of snipers in this game are stuck in the late 90s in their belief what they are doing is super rare and ultra hard to do (yet they're currently doing it as second nature, game after game after game). They expect the same awe and prestige and respect that they were supposedly getting before, and damn anything that interferes with the magic of one-hit-kills.

For that matter, damn the rest of the playerbase. We must all bow in awe to the ultra rare talent of heatshotting people with a sniper rifle, no matter how often it happens already.

It takes two shots now at the ranges you're comfortable with? Boo freaking hoo. Take that second shot, get off your royal throne and impress us.
    • Up x 2
  8. Brahma2

I can one shot infantry from any range with a halberd with any kind of hit... how is that harder than a 1,000 meter headshot on a moving target?

This is a game that encourages stalemating, battles where no one fights but everyone just spams bullets at each other with no effect. It needs people who will kill important targets, or just people in general or nothing will ever progress. Snipers do that, even if they're a trash sniper farming stationary targets... it is important.

People are so spoiled in modern games, let's get back to a slightly less entitled mentality.

Lots want to call snipers entitled... but there's a hell of a lot more infantry who just want to sit still shooting bullets ineffectively and have a nice "casual" and "relaxing" game experience who are the really entitled seeming ones.
  9. Eugenitor

In five minutes in a pitched battle on Connery I might interact with about one sniper (usually with his bullet flying past my head by a couple of meters).

Usually I ignore him unless I'm bored, because he's simply not a real threat. Usually he has no line of sight to where the real action is, he generally can't kill me, and I can simply bypass him while he takes potshots at noobs. If he hits me, I shrug, go to cover, pop a restore kit, and wait until my shield comes back. Exceptions are very few. I'm far more concerned with things like antivehicle turrets or Harassers. (Hey kids, wanna do some sniping with none of the slowness and all of the killing? Buy a Halberd, an E85 Modified, a Saron, or a Marauder, and watch the gibs fly!)

I don't even want to know how you play that snipers vex you so. I feel like I'm picking on a cripple- I'll make a comment that you've got your thumb doing amateur colonoscopy, and it'll turn out that you literally can't move and shoot at the same time because you lost an arm at a table in Vegas or something.
  10. Earthman

This is either a trick post designed to infuriate people and make snipers sound more ridiculous, or this guy is really clueless.

Because of the state of gamer culture, I truly can't tell one from the other.
  11. Earthman

Snipers are fine as they are. They don't "vex me so" but they do exist.

What does "vex" me is their whining. In /yell and here on the forums.

I get a lot of "I am so special look at me look at me" combined with "I want more things and I want them now!"

Is it any wonder so many non-snipers aren't interested in what you have to say, no matter how pretentiously you package it?
  12. Eugenitor

[IMG]

I don't snipe. I have less than 50 kills with any sniper rifle (thousands with other weapons). The reason I don't snipe is because of everything the snipers have been talking about in this thread: it is simply too much work for too little reward. A sniper is supposed to be able to kill people at long range. If he cannot kill people at long range without plenty of luck or help, why even have sniper rifles?
  13. JimRussle

Lets remove 99% of the game lest it be deemed "too long range" for your standards. Knives and stationary targets only.

Sounds like a great game dude, you should hire some developers and make an instant success. Clearly you know what a fun video game is.
  14. JimRussle

What shooter can you just walk away from and expect nobody to kill you while you're gone? It sounds like solitaire is a better choice for you.

"It doesn't take skill to hit a standing target"

It doesn't take skill to move, either, you seem to be having trouble doing that.
  15. Mustarde

Wow this thread took a dive. I do appreciate the impassioned comments on both sides though.

A lot of people immediately seemed to react to my post with words such as "entitled", "whining", "elitist", and so on. While I've made more emotional posts regarding nanoweave in the past, this one was pretty cut and dry.

I just wanted to show some actual video evidence of the effect nanoweave has on BASR's currently. There is a distinct lack of video to back up what I and other infiltrators have complained about to date and this was my attempt to at least show you what it looks like from my end.

Nanoweave is cutting my efficiency on the battlefield in half. It's a substantial effect. Some of you think that is great, others don't. I believe that it is a disproportionate impact on infiltrators using the sniper rifles, as compared to the impact of NW on the automatic weapons. My stance is that it throws off the balance of the sniper rifles, which were carefully tuned (along with many other weapons in this game) based on default health values.

Whining? While I am trying to advocate for what I believe to be balanced game mechanics, I've already adapted to nanoweave. I used to be a more aggressive infiltrator, using the BASR between 30-50m (look at most of my earlier videos on the youtube channel). The problem is that NW can stop a HS at 30m with a suppressor, and at that point you are a free kill. So now I snipe from 100-150m without a suppressor. Lower kill rate, higher NW rate, but less consequences from getting nanoweaved (as you saw in this video, it was just a matter of not getting kills). I also use the SMG a lot more now. Another playstyle people like to hate on for some reason. I know how to use the SASR's but I generally find their kill efficiency to be too low, as many players can duck behind cover before you tap them in the head enough to finish them off. Still, it's a valid option for some.

Today I mostly just used the TAR, and held a 4.5 KDR with between 60-100 KPH (currently #10 on the daily server score). It's such an easy weapon to handle, on a class that has very powerful utilities. I'm c4-ing vehicles, cutting infantry in half, rezzing my squad and laughing at enemy infiltrators as I rock NW5. I've never worked so little to get such a high kill efficiency. I really don't understand how people can carry the misconception that being a good infiltrator (high kill rate, productive for your squad, and winning most 1v1 engagements) is easy.
    • Up x 3
  16. Xae

Flack Armor Cuts my UBGL Efficiency in Half.

Nerf Counters please.
  17. zuka7

For those who believe that you are a bad player if you stand still for a moment and should be punished for by one shot kill is bs. In order to aim accurately or for the cone of fire to be at minimum you have to keep movement to a minimum especially when engaging at longer ranges. This is what the game prefers.
    You as infiltrator go INVISIBLE (while standing still) aim for the head where majority of people (stand still while engaging enemy) and want to one shot kill everyone. For what? 15-20 kills a minute. Just look at your game play. Each time you are trying to aim accurately to place a head shot you are invisible, yet you want to one shot kill 1200 certs. Infiltrator is already extremely efficient class and placing head shots with bolt action is not difficult or prestigious especially when you are only visible to the enemy for a split second.
    Be fair.
  18. Ryme

How about a new device? Infiltrators can swap out their cloaking devices for a kinetic amplifier device that increases the speed and damage of their shots when active. In return, incoming damage they receive will also be increased while the device is active.

That would put them on equal ground with other infantry, and give them the ohk capability that is apparently such a vital display of their skill.
  19. Hibiki54

TDLR

I do not see a problem with Nanoweave. The problem, from what I saw of the OPs video, is the constant QQing of snipers complaining about Nanoweave because they cannot get their OHK headshot. Also, consider that Flak Armor is not a viable option for most classes. I see more Engineers and Medics running Flak Armor over Heavy and Light Assaults.

I personally run Nanoweave 5 on my HA, LA and Medic. I run Nanoweave 4 on my Engineer, but I have the option of Flak 4 on both my Engineer and Medic should that be the need. I run Ammo Belt on my Infiltrator since I do crazy crap with my cloaker.

There are other options besides Nanoweave. People have that option. But keep in mind that people also want to survive in CQC and do not want to get OSK'd by an Infiltrator skulking about. Nanoweave is the more optimal choice. EVERYONE has access to it, so no one should complain about it. It makes the TTK longer, which I think is a good thing.
    • Up x 1
  20. Mustarde

With regards to sniping, the cloak is only important to be harder to get countersniped. In laggy fights I don't use the cloak at all because there's a server side delay between decloaking and being able to fire my weapon. The only difference is it requires a lot more juking to make yourself hard to get sniped.

I'd gladly ditch the garbage cloak to be able to use the sniper rifles the way they were designed.