Miller v Woodman v Cobalt\Ceres on PTR - It's On!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ulysees, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Ganelon

Challenge? I intend to get drunk during the event itself and just have a blast playing with people from other factions on my server....

As for NC weaponry, you have a week ;)
    • Up x 1
  2. LordMondando

No im saying thats the mistake people made before.

The problem that manifested itself before was that people assumed that, and most people do not deal with UTC on a daily basis. Lot of people turned up an hour late when I used UTC, when I asked why. This is what came back. Oh I just looked at my watch and factored it in for the UK now.

as I said on reddit.

3. LordMondando

I also feel like a flogging a dead horse, but...

sticking with 7 pm UTC as a time, is less than great for a sunday night, given thats for most of europe 9pm. Which from experience even if we get comms and command up and running in ridiculously efficient time and kick off at 9.15, is going to be about an hour tops, before people start logging off as they need to sleep before work.
  4. Ganelon

Relaying the message.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ulysees

Just a reminder for outfit reps that the Miller outfit meeting is arranged for 8pm BST 9pm CEST tomorrow night. (All outfits who said they would attend have had a PM from me with the details but if you are missing yours then let me know and I will (re)send it)

Point of discussion

Outfit Invite - Getting reps into the MILL outfit
    Comms - Getting outfit reps setup for NCTO TS and explaining how I want this to work for the event.
    Attendance - Gathering an estimate for attendance to judge whether we need to limit outfit participation
    Baseline Battleplan - Not putting that here :)
    Any Other Business - Anything that other outfits think need to be addressed.

I will type up a quick summary of any public points from the meeting and post them here for those that are not able to attend.
    • Up x 1
  6. MajorZbug

10/10 will attend

Had fun times yesterday on the test server discussing loadouts with DL ABTF and 252v dudes. This is the thing I look forward the most.
  7. Tenhi

IVRI will be there too.

We'll probably be less than a squad... so I guess it would be better to join an other outfit for the ops instead of running on our own. If the meeting for the PL/SL is tomorrow I guess we can set somthing up there.

I also PMed you Ulysees. You can send the Infos to me, I'll do the IVRI rep for now.
  8. freeze

cheers man :)
    I'll talk to them again today to get an idea how many will attend.
    I'll gladly take you up on that offer though. I'll let you know ingame within the next couple of days.

**** you very much too =/
    • Up x 1
  9. MajorZbug

Sorry mate I was talking about NC dudes ! Of course their was also INI and UMVS guys and others. Much love <3
    • Up x 1
  10. RF404

That meeting needs to be rescheduled as the trial is planned to start at the same hour. Either start the meeting an hour or two earlier or schedule it for some time during next week. The latter may be the best option as the participants then can bring their evaluations of the trial run to the table.
    • Up x 1
  11. LordMondando

Meeting takes precedence, pushing back actual organisation for the purpose of some ad hoc mess about is a bad idea, thats all there is to it. There is nothing preventing anyone who need attend simply sit in the team speak (or whatever it is we are using, I assume team speak) and participate whilst sitting in the warpgate or whatever. Nor is this a general meeting needing the participation of hundreds of people, just thouse invited.
  12. LordMondando

Might I also suggest a contingency plan be dicussed if Miller massively outpops Cobalt and woodman at the event (I think this is a realistic worry), and how to split up Miller onto the other teams if so. My suggestion there would be doing it in a manner that prehaps allows NC to be split up amongst TR and VS on the test, if we end up being 20 outfits to 4 and 6.
  13. RF404

Look, just cause you have some personal vendetta against the trial on the 4th doesn't mean you have be a dick about it by refusing to move the overlapping meeting.

You don't look forward to the 4th, you've made that point clearly, but you have to understand that a lot of us don't give a **** about whether the 4th is a masterpiece of organization or ad hoc. We just want the chance to play together and share experience with our allies and foes from Miller. How well we perform as a group, how well organized we are or if we end up with only 50 players instead of 500 is all secondary.

A lot of the people invited to the meeting are intended to be squad and platoon leads in the trial, so refusing to reschedule the overlapping meeting and saying it wouldn't effect the players who have joined for the trial is (in a best case scenario) just ignorant of you.

There's an entire ******* week ahead of us, so just reschedule the damn meeting to any of the other 168 hours where it doesn't clash with other peoples plans.
    • Up x 1
  14. Emitz Devil

The 4th will be the best day for the meeting, next Sunday will be too late and people tend to go out on Friday and Saturday night. They also then have families to look after on week nights, kids homework, dinner ect.

Sunday's normally tend to have everything like that wrapped up by 4 in the afternoon.... For the people who have a lot of things going on, the 4th really would be better to have the meeting.
  15. ValorousBob

ftfy
  16. RF404

So what you're saying is that those days are bad choices because people in general tend to have other plans on them, so instead we should have the meeting on The one day that we for certain know that a lot of the invited people have other plans on.

Also, what use is it to report in our numbers tomorrow when the main event was postponed so that we would have the extra week to gather more people. How's that for logic?
  17. ValorousBob

ISK, VC, FRC, MDK, DWHQ, FOG and small vet outfits like LDD, F, NUTS, UMVS (besides Freeze) etc.

CDL did say some of the FRC guys were interested, but I haven't seen him ingame recently to confirm. Hopefully we can get the small VS outfits to make a joint TVA platoon or something, especially since that tends to happen every night after primetime anyways.

I asked Kiko from FOG if he'd seen the Reddit post about this thing, but he just said "wut is Reddit?" in his extremely Russian accent.

EDIT: Oh and I saw on Reddit that DWG is coming, but they usually just do their own thing so I'm not sure if they're planning on coordinating with the other outfits for this...
  18. Kikodeath

Its Fog, we would try to join.

ISK says what not all of them would join, but nearly half, if i got it right.
    • Up x 1
  19. ValorousBob

Awesome! If Leon or Flex logs on soon we can probably get Druckwelle to show up too.
  20. LordMondando

Personal vendentta.... sigh.

No I just have a lot of experience in organizing events on PS2 and off PS2. I know the important of organisation for said events. I am in no way stopping you playing on PTS tomorrow. Nothing in having this meeting prevents you or anyone from doing that. Please stop with this nonsense. Its childish.

this is not a continental congress meeting, if people must, log onto the TS3 for the meeting, then play PTS to your hearts conten whilst the meeting is occuring.