[Clarification] Collection of ADAD warping ZOE MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, May 26, 2013.

1. Roarboar

Yes I know it was like that on the test server, what I dont get is why someone would link that video if it is completely irrelevant now. Might have as well linked the video of how ZOE bugs in conjunction with flamethrowers on the test server and use that as an argument...kids these days.
  2. Phazaar

It's still a huge advantage that is completely unnecessary. Your opponent will have to reload, and at this point you can simply fire back unhindered, having perhaps taken one or two shots from his entire clip. If you get in over your head, you now have the most foolproof escape plan, simply by turning on your Matrix mode.
  3. sindz

Exactly.

But its all you can expect from forumside 2. They got no proof or any argument that ZOE is actually OP, so they make up random stuff.

Good times.
  4. Edmon

If this is the case, it simply proves my point further. I said many posts back that strafe speed is the main affector. Here, we have normal circumstances but additional strafe speed, thus you get additional warping, even under bad conditions for the effect (no lag, no massive battle and/or calculations).
  5. NeverWas

Earlier in PTS, Zoe max gets a MASSIVE boost in speed when they activate ZOE after sprinting at full speed. (7~8m/s if i remembered correctly from my previous statistic test)

however that has been fixed in the later stage, ZOE right now is at most 50%~60% of the speed showcased in the video.

a speed which, i believe its harder to cause such phenomenon.
  6. Phazaar

Explain the relevance of spotify to your point? :S
  7. kuper

Did you see source code? Or did you use disassembler and reverse engineering to restore algorithm by assembler? Where is the proof? It's funny, you have CS degree and you say things like this. If you know how it works - you should be able to reproduce that behavior. If you cant reproduce - your assumption is wrong.
  8. Roarboar

Really? video please.
  9. Edmon

Correct, harder, but not impossible.

Changing other conditions to magify the chance is how you get it to work.

You seem to have a firm grasp on this and the logic behind it. I'm glad at least one person gets it :). It's hard to find intelligent reasoning outside of a Games Design workshop :).
  10. sindz

Which is completely irrelevant since this was on testserver and fixed. Unless you have actual numbers or log into the game and start warping away, you got nothing, zilch, nada, bupkiss, diddly, naught, void, nonentity.

And being a game guru like yourself, it should be no problem to come up with actual evidence, right?
  11. The King

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010917244850401/killboard

He's not a hacker.. But I'm willing to bet, he is purposely causing lag on his end to get a high KDR.. making players miss.
  12. Edmon

Opps, my mistake, I meant spotflux. I have music on the brain right now ^^.
  13. redpoint

OP and most people in this thread simply don't get it.

The problem with ZOE Maxes is not ADAD warping!

VS , stop trying to justifiy your clearly too strong new ability with the absence of ADAD proof.

I have never seen severe ADAD warping of Maxes. But still, everyone with some common sense in the FPS competitive scene will tell you within 5 minutes of playing a ZOE max that it is a ridiculusly strong buff to a max. Movement Speed / Sidestrafing Speed will always be stronger then tankiness, at least in the hands of skilled players.

Maxes in general would be overpowered if they hadn't got the movement reduction and larger hitbox. That was the only thing keeping them in check. Now it is gone for the VS.

The most shurefire way to tell if an ability / weapon / class is overpowered is when it gets spammed on the battlefield.

Recent nerfs to spammed units / weapons in Planetside2:
    - Zepher Libs
    - Rocketpods
    - Grenades
    - Underbarrel Grenade Launchers
    - HE cannons
    - Prowlers with HE
    - Shotguns
    - NC AI Maxes

And now tell me what do you think will happen to ZOE Maxes? But i fear that they will have a hard time balancing it the right way.
  14. NeverWas

noted.

i dont get the part where you say 'additional strafe speed' , the ZOE max in the video are sprinting with the speed of roughly 7~8m/s, where as the side strafe speed we're having right now is 3.4 m/s , exactly 42.5% of the speed.

Also, i once looked into some hit box lag and registration phenomenon video (youtube) in cod and counter strike, his box registration delay will only happen if you prolong adad strafing.for the first few seconds of ADAD strafing, hit box will follow exactly where the model is until the hit box bug occurs.

in this video you provide, the strange warping movement only happens after 6 seconds of continuous back and forth movement, which i think is a plausible evidence of my point.
  15. NeverWas

in this video , the same scenario happens to an esf, which is warping but still able to damage you.

it is a similar situation which i think it can be use to proof my point.
  16. Edmon

I think this guy is mashing buttons to try and get the affect, where as a macro would precisely do the actions required to maximise the effect. That is why it isn't very extreme. I recognise his style of movement, as the style that used to work in CS1.6, to make your guy move much, much faster than intended. So I guess he is thinking along the lines that this movement style will work in PS2 as well.

Sticking to going left and right, without forward or reverse momentum will definitely work better. You will note at 33 seconds where it's obvious, he's moving side to side and not forward and/or back.

That'd be my theory on the matter of this particular video anyway.
  17. sindz

No VS are claiming they own cause of ADAD warping, we are simply trying to get 1 blantant lie off the table, so we can have a real discussion.

And why is it any different than when TR get fractures and Striker (and VS get vortex, which might be the most useless weapon ever). NC AI dominated and still continue to dominate CQC and they cried like there was no tomorrow and that only got fixed to keep all other shotguns in line.

The fact of the matter is, the VS finally got something that actually makes their MAX worth pulling. Try having a MAX unit that has been the laughingstock ever since beta, and only now is it worth a damn. Ofc people are gonna try and keep it around. Just like every other faction does with every good and powerful weapon.

And regarding the "nerfing of it" most VS wanted jumpjets like they have in PS1, but nope SOE had to go another route. And as you said, its gonna be impossible to balance ZOE. Cause if you take away the speed, you are left with an ability that makes you far more vulnerable for 1 bullet less TTK. AKA complete and utter garbage.

The best option of "balancing" this ability as I see it, is to put a cooldown timer on it, meaning you activate it, there is a 2-10 sec delay before you can toggle it off again, removing the toggle tactic.
  18. Edmon

This is "window dragging". A different type of effect and it's usually done with a hack. Though it can be done with a packet dropper.
    • Up x 1
  19. NeverWas

if a person purposely use spotflux to cause connection lag, that should be count as player behaviour and exploitation rather than an ability being overpower in a gameplay. Such condition should be consider as outlier and should not influence our discussion on balancing.
    • Up x 1
  20. Edmon

Yes, but in massive battles, there will be enough lag created (especially on low end machines) that such a thing would not be required. I merely add this as it'll help you if you wanted to try out some proof of concept yourself.

Edit: I will not do this on my account. It is definitely bannable.

Edit x2: I would ask, how many people here seriously expect "PLAY TO WIN LOLZ" people to come here and explain to you how they get their edges over normal players? They want you to believe they are good and playing fairly, so they can glow in the limelight of being considered to be a great player. I do think it's a little naive. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the guys here are actually doing this and want to keep doubt flowing so they can continue on unbaited. I must be really pissing them off right now :D.