[Clarification] Collection of ADAD warping ZOE MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, May 26, 2013.

1. Phyr

Never? I'll always be able to see them throw c4, and then RUN, not sprint, away before it goes off? I'll always be able to dodge ever rocket, regardless of how close it was? C4 and rockets kill infantry, and they're faster then ZOE maxs.
  2. UltraTech

This must be fixed, maxes must be immune to this!
  3. Xasapis

Erm, dash can be activated every 30 seconds and the charge speed is enormous.
  4. MnemeM

Actually they need to tone back forward and backwards movement too. Right now you walk and shoot faster than infantry. To keep the fun but make it a bit more balanced the ZOE max should overall (all modes of transportation involving the use of legs) be slightly slower than infantry.
  5. MnemeM

And yes, I agree with one previous poster. ZOE will be tweaked back because it is to be honest insane. I've gone from a KDr of about 2.1 +/- 0.4 to 4+ playing ZOE (or a top of 10+ if you count a shorter session. ;P)
  6. Yonasu

If you could only kill 2 people on your old max, you were doing it wrong.. I used my old max alot cause i ****** it long ago with blueshifts and upgrades, i would most often get 5-6 kills without healing. On the zoe i get about the same depending on the situation, getting hit a bit every guy i kill. The big difference happens when you have healing to back you up, i turn into a ragemonster that facemelts everything with impunity, if it gets hairy i turn zoe off and tank through it. Together with surprise attacks where they have no time to respond crashing their party, then i also do crazy good.

The only issue with zoe is that the strafing is perhaps a few percent too fast, it doesnt feel like we should compete with light assault on that factor. But not much, otherwise we would start loosing too much speed to make it worthwhile.

People always forget that a large portion of disadvantage from zoe is the fabulousness from the shining light, you are always the #1 target when you use it.
    • Up x 1
  7. MnemeM

We are talking overall, not actually just in a max suit.
  8. Finli

Still no videos of ZOE MAX warping.

Starting to look like "ADAD spam" is just another silly buzz word that caught on when forum whiners were looking for a reason to nerf VS again. God forbid we start performing as well as NC and TR in any aspect of the game.
    • Up x 7
  9. Emerald11

My K/D rate is nearly the same as before ZOE. I have ZOE max certed and K/D ist around 10 - 20 in Biolabs and 5 - 10 in open field as with the charge Max. In Towers or small rooms I use ZOE very seldom. It's not enough space to use the speed advantage.
    For me ZOE gives one main benefit: It's more easy to counter Light Assaults with C4 because of the increased backward speed.
  10. Gary

Wait... They strafe? I die when they walk forward =/ killed a guy yesterday who said

"Noooo you ended my 76 kill streak, Abusing the max till it gets fixed"

If that is the opinion of someone using it then it should of been changed with the hotfix... not left over the double XP weekend.. probably just SOE trying to boost VS numbers.
  11. NeverWas

video or never exist.
  12. Xasapis

And yet the number of VS players doesn't seem to have been affected, with the exception of the couple first days where everything is new and shiny.

I'm still waiting for the official SOE position on the matter, since the unofficial stats presented so far, shown no significant difference between the TR and the VS max effectiveness, despite VS pulling 50% more after CU9. Who knows, maybe when more VS get comfortable with the new ability, the gap will become bigger.
  13. Spookydodger

Then it isn't really a buff. They are already not that much slower than infantry normally. ZOE helps VS MAXes not get hunted down and gunned down like dogs, whereas before NC and TR just seemed to get closer to VS MAXes as long as there wasn't too much infantry support. Get close enough and the arms would shoot right past you.
  14. Zan_Aus

What does this even mean? This is crazy talk Derek.
  15. Mastachief

An honest VS such a rarity.
  16. NeverWas

Here is some data provided by a user name : ladiesop , the dmg dealt by decimator to ZOE MAX.

level 5 ZOE MAX : 1000 certs

Decimator: (2000 + 1000 [damage]) * 0.5 [MAX base resist] * 1.2 [ZOE penalty] = 1800 [without ZOE it is 1500]

level 4 ZOE MAX: 500 certs

Decimator: (2000 + 1000 [damage]) * 0.5 [MAX base resist] * 1.25 [ZOE penalty] = 1875 [without ZOE it is 1500]

level 3 ZOE MAX: 400 certs

Decimator: (2000 + 1000 [damage]) * 0.5 [MAX base resist] * 1.3 [ZOE penalty] = 1950 [without ZOE it is 1500]

level 2 ZOE MAX : 200 certs

Decimator: (2000 + 1000 [damage]) * 0.5 [MAX base resist] * 1.35 [ZOE penalty] = 2025 [without ZOE it is 1500]

level 1 ZOE MAX: 150 certs

Decimator: (2000 + 1000 [damage]) * 0.5 [MAX base resist] * 1.4 [ZOE penalty] = 2100 [without ZOE it is 1500]

from the figure above we can see that you need to invest at least 750 certs in order to not get one shot by decimator. that's a really big investment if you ask me.
  17. Holomang

Yes I'm aware of that.

The penalty is nowhere near the price attached to the other MAX abilities. Damage taken needs to be increased or speed needs to be reduced.
  18. xXSmokeXx

To everyone claiming that ZOE is fine - please. ZOE speed buff is ridiculous. I'm an excellent shot with dumbfire launchers, I play HA exclusively and even slam ESFs with dumbfire rockets AS THEY STRAFE, so I got no problem with leading targets by a mile and lining up good shots.

And I can't hit the damn things half the time. Kinda hard to hit a target that can strafe faster than infantry while shooting dual AI guns at your face full auto. And even when I land a shot, it doesn't matter because they usually have a pet engineer nearby repairing that damage right back up. And if I kill them, they get immediately rezzed by medics.

This is a team based game where VS got an exclusive new class which trumps any infantry in ANY SCENARIO that involves, you know, infantry combat? It's completely unbalanced. They might as well get them a mini-magrider which can enter buildings.
  19. The King

I've been playing TR for quite some time and have yet to see this... The VS MAXes die fast... That is all I am seeing.
    To me, they're hard to kill when you're close and personal with one, unless you're a MAX. At med to long range, they are really easy to kill...
  20. HadesR

Weird how no VS are posting videos of them smashing ADAD as fast as they can or by macro to debunk the theory once and for all.
    Best way to discredit the argument is by proving it can't be done right ?