[Clarification] Collection of ADAD warping ZOE MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, May 26, 2013.

1. Cougarbrit

Yeah the netcode basically negates the effect of momentum from what I can see.
    • Up x 1
  2. Zamanoy

The damage reduction done to MAX's does not help, since the primary ways of taking out a MAX is C4 or 2 rockets in my case. But the ability to sidestep rockets and C4 is doubled with double strafing speed.

I wish they would be more like PS1 maxes, with the limited turning speed, and maybe bring back the travel mode.
    • Up x 2
  3. NeverWas

videos would be much appreciated.
  4. Cougarbrit

I would but unfortunately I play on a toaster.

But hey I'm a stand up guy you can trust me.
  5. NeverWas

i can see why you name yourself after a raging squirrel now .

anyhow, just like how i call your experience invalid for our course, the experience and the comment that i conduct are as well invalid without the proof of a video.

i MIGHT say that side strafing zoe max has no impact whatsoever with the hit registration, i MIGHT also say the current side strafe are so UP that i'm unable to get to cover fast enough. All of these are my personal experience and it should NOT be taken into account when it comes to something as technical as experimenting hit boxes.

i dont get why are you getting so angry over a discussion. Why are you putting down every other comments but not solidify your arguement with a video ?

there is a gentlement up there, Glorin, comment #3, that are willing to help out with the experiment, you can offer your help to him ? it's not that hard anyway and you can proof yourself right.
  6. exLupo

Are you sure that's the case? MAXes have built-in damage resistance. I haven't seen any testing done but isn't it more likely that ZOE reduces the default resistance instead of adding a multiplier?

2000 base hp
    80% small arms reduction
    2000/(1-0.80) = 10000 effective hp

2000 base hp
    40% small arms after ZOE
    2000/(1-0.40) = 3333 ehp

That's how it read to me but I could be way off. Easy to test, tho. Count STK w/o ZOE, count STK w/ ZOE. If the latter is 1/3 the former, there's the answer. Also, do MAXes have any built-in Direct/Indirect resistance or do they just get Indirect from Flak Armor?
  7. NeverWas

In truth , i SHOULD factor in the damage resistance, but i am unable to find it anywhere therefore i have call it before hand before i give out the figure, it's in the brackets after decimator's numbers.

and yes i do believe they have like 50% resistance to explosion damage stock (not accurate, just according to my memory), with certs that adds another 50% on top, it gives them 75% resistance to splash damage.

however if a decimator rocket hit you directly, you will get a full damage from it as flak armor do not protect direct hits.
  8. Xasapis

They have 25% base indirect damage resistance.

Generally speaking, it seems that we have gone from the ADAD myth (or rare occurrence) into the more plausible high side strafing speed. Personally I don't think the speed is that big, however, the combination with the extra max resistances make it frustrating to kill a max that is using cover effectively.

In most occassions, the armor debuff is very noticeable, while the damage buff is negligible. The only weapon so far that I have found any use for the extra damage is the comet. With the bursters I actually lose considerable dps, since the tracers hide the target and make flight path prediction hard.

As for the momentum, it's very much there and very much unavoidable regardless of netcode, since it's all client side. I'm not sure how people on the receiving end expect to see the momentum, unless SOE adds some more animation for it. It is there though and the zoe maxes do have to account for it when moving around. It's pretty much the same as reticle sway and weapon recoil. It doesn't matter if the people on the receiving end don't see it, as long as the people on the giving end have to account for them.
    • Up x 3
  9. NeverWas

second that on noticable armor debuff, i'm on max level ZOE and it's already feeling the squishiness of it, i cannot possibly have imagine what it would've been like if i cert it only 1 level.
  10. NeverWas

bump so people would actually give us a solid evidence instead of exaggerated accusation.
  11. FuriousSquirrel

The point is not the extra damage they take ffs. It's not even about the extra damage they deal. The main issue here is there movement speed, there is solid numbers even on the OP thread that clearly shows the walking speed of a VS ZOE MAX is faster than the infantry walking speed, obviously the sprint isn't an issue since its a negligible gain and that is purposeful to keep the charge as a viable option. But the speed buff for strafe is clearly too high. Just because we can't see any momentum affect possibly due to latency, it's not as noticeable as you think on the receiving end.
    The fact that the MAX moves faster than infantry at walking speed while retaining the ability to shoot is a direct counter to its damage penalty in the sense it's easier to avoid 20% of damage. The chances of being hit by c4 and rockets has been greatly reduced. The only way to test all this is by spendin the time trying to kill them yourselves in the midst of an actual battle.
    If I posted such a video of a encounter with a VS MAX, all you guys would say is that I clearly wasn't skilled enough to hit him, which isn't going to benefit the argument at all. The only way to prove to yourselves is to actual face them as tr/nc and actually spend a good day fighting VS and to actually be impartial to the test.
    Actual testing will not prove anything, a standing VS MAX is in no way proof of what it's actually capable of, and doing speed tests is also not showing its effectiveness in actual combat.

In my honest opinion it would be perfectly fine if they removed a portion of the strafe speed to either being on par with infantry or just a hair below, this is far from a huge loss in mobility, it's a small adjustment to keep it in line. Currently it strafes at about 1.5x that of infantry which is silly fast. This isn't asking a lot and is far more reasonable then A lot of the other suggestions out there.

If SOE wants to do more to it, then they will, I'm sure they are gathering data as we speak and I'll let them have the final say.
    • Up x 1
  12. LahLahSr

All I see here is talk - still no videos....
  13. Spookydodger

I have found this to be the case, too. AI weapons kill so fast (if they are close) that it is not necessary for the damage, and Bursters with the ZOE effect are much hard to to hit with. If the target is far away, I tend to turn it off so I can actually see the target.

Comets with ZOE rock versus tanks, but versus infantry they killed in 1.8 hits and now they kill in 1.5 hits... so not effectively any different for infantry.
  14. Xasapis

Well, I'm sure SOE has hard data that will help them decide on what to do. So far from they data I've seen, VS pull 50% more maxes than before, which would make take them out harder, zoe or not. Also it seems that all maxes die a lot faster than before for some reason. Maybe people keep on experimenting for now with the new abilities and take more chances than they should. One last thing is that VS maxes stopped underperforming and are now about equal to their TR counterparts (considering the VS population deficiency and bigger exp bonus). The NC maxes seem to be slightly behind the TR ones.
    • Up x 1
  15. Phyr

So the MAX sprint apparently doesn't allow you to dodge rockets/C4/grenades. I'm applying correlation/causation.
  16. Xasapis

Depends. Do you find easy dodging C4 thrown at your feet as infantry? Rockets are easier to dodge. Normal grenades were never an issue for maxes regardless of module. AV grenades still do tons of damage against maxes, but can be LOSed most of the time. Concussion grenades can't be avoided.
  17. Zenanii

As a avid ZOE max user I find it hilarious how this is even a discussion. I'm running ZOE level 4 with dual cosmos and max nanite repair and I'm a GOD. It's hilarious, I completely decimate any small-medium force with easy.
    I played air during Airside2, both rocketpods esf and liberators, I drove magrider before they nerfed it, I played Vanu before they nerfed our guns and removed flinch, I played LA before they made them noisy and nerfed shotguns and I've NEVER felt this powerful before.
    Even if they nerf it to uselessness, it will still be worth the 1350 certs I invested in it for this one week of god-mode.
    • Up x 3
  18. Pivke

once a minute yes. however with ZOE you will never get hit by any of them again, ever.

if you put ZOE on timer to use it every 60 seconds and it only lasts for 3 seconds, than you are more than welcome to compare it with charge.
  19. UltraTech

as i understand, rockets ar not small arms, they are explosive, probably not even flak armor can protect from rocket.
  20. Xasapis

Flak armor does not protect from the direct hit, only the indirect portion. Surprisingly enough, kinetic armor protects more from the rocket direct hit, however you get the full blast from the indirect portion. The end result is similar damage taken when directly hit by a rocket, regardless of armor module.