Striker nerf coming! ROF lowered.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by TriumphOfMan, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Metalsand

Oh right, yours is the one that fighters can't dodge by pointing downwards?

NEWS FLASH VS AND NC

IF YOU GET HIT BY A T2 LAUNCHER WHILE AIRBORNE STOP PLAYING PLANES

Why? If you're close enough to the ground where it can lock on you, simply pointing your nose down makes ALL of the rockets crash into the ground, because the rockets lead about 4-5 seconds ahead, unlike any other G2A or A2A lock on. EVEN if you aren't near the ground, it's called FLARES. The T2 is the only empire specific launcher that can be countered by flares in addition to letting your enemy know what's coming even before you fire.

If you are in the air, and you get killed by a T2, it's YOUR FAULT. It's like saying flak turrets need to be nerfed just because you want to be able to camp enemy bases alone.
  2. EnviousCipher

Scythe pilots already do that, they're always sitting there aiming at the ground with their lolpods because **** helping out the rest of the faction amirite?
    • Up x 1
  3. HellasVagabond

My L3 armor Reaver has been downed by Strikers more than 1 time......With 1 clip....So please don't make me go into the VR room and record a clip of something we both know is real, it's futile really.

Seems that many people can't read in these forums so here we go again...I said you can fire all 5 rockets the same amount of time a normal launcher fires 1 rocket AND reloads.
    That aside the answer i gave to the person above you is still valid so let's not hide behind our fingers.
    As for the Phoenix no it can't snipe anything because all infantry need to do is take 1 step onto each direction and they can dodge the Phoenix, that's how Impressive that rocket is.

Just pointing down does NOTHING...You need to point down and accelerate with afterburners which means that if you are relatively close to the ground (even 200m is close) you will probably crash so no that's not a Valid countermeasure.

Luckily devs are not stupid as some of you would like them to be and since they see stats its open season for nerfing the Striker.
  4. EnviousCipher

I just shot at both ESF's in the VR. They didn't die in one magazine. It didn't have anything certed on it as everything in there is base stats.

Try harder.
  5. Pudgeinabowl

To everyone saying the lockon is faster, it's not, he's locking onto two different vehicles (galaxy and vanguard) which have different lock times.

It's nothing but a straight nerf. Carry on.
    • Up x 1
  6. Fenrisk

Your either a low br player or you can't bloody count.

It takes 2 striker clips to drop a esf. That is 6 seconds to lock on, fire your missles. After that you need to reload lock on and fire and tha'ts another 6 seconds gone. That's 12 seconds for you to pop flares kill your target or hit afterburner.

Using a grounder takes the same amount of time to kill you but grounder missiles hit their targets much better.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pat Cleburne

Not if it was 100% health it wasn't. Two salvos minimum to kill an ESF if your lucky enough to land 100% of the rockets.
    • Up x 1
  8. Metalsand

...which is where flares come in when piloting fails haha.
  9. Eclipson

Please do oh wise one, because you CLEARLY know exactly what you are talking about. Please, do record that video for me, so you can prove to us how ignorant you are. That comment right there shows me that you have no idea what you are talking about. Check, and Mate.
  10. Delnoir

The lock on is indeed faster, so it might end up balancing out in the end.
  11. Pudgeinabowl

No, no it is not.
  12. Delnoir

Ah. So you're right. The video has an annotation on it now.

Looks like I learned something new about lock ons today.
  13. MasterTater

OF course another TR fanboy which completely refuses reality in Forum to keep his overpowered pay to win tool.

You have a perfect against everything anti gear weapon which does 2500 dmg against all heavy targets - which is even more than a rocket from the decimator -

Talking about BALANCE - balance is always in comparison with the enemy faction gears equivalent - and comparing the Striker with the Lancer is a complete joke - the Laner has a VERY high chance to miss due to nerfed bullet speed and no tracking at all, everything which is moving behind mid range is a lottery shot AND dmg per second - so the dmg which you deal in a certain amount of time - in which the enemy unit can securely flee or take cover is so laughable low that the Lancer got already replaced by a mojority of players with the decimator again. => TR / NC still got their completely broken overpowered rocketlaunchers while NC Phoenix even got buffed in maneuverability with the highest dmg of all.

I repeat myself with my first post - but it seems that you did not even understand my first post and just used your answer with BS to discredit my valid rework request on the lancer.

BUT at least I am happy that SOE realised that the Striker is overpowred and nerfes it - BUT
    I think the Phoienix is even more OP than the striker but wont get nerfed as most DEVs and SOE decision makers play NC themselfes and wont cut their own joy by nerfing the Phoenix.
  14. HellasVagabond

So i spend the last 30 minutes in the VR zone testing the Striker so :
    7 shots from front/rear/left/right (not 2 full clips like some say).
    5 shots from beneath (the belly has less armor than the rear obviously).
  15. MasterTater

Wrong - wrong - and wrong. 1 Striker salvo does 80% dmg on every ESF, A phoenix direct hit on aircraft, which is really easy to land on an esf completely destroys 95% of health of every ESF letting it explode 3 seconds later due to burn.
  16. MasterTater

Wrong - 1 striker salvo does 2500 dmg - thats more dmg than a hit form a decimator.
  17. MasterTater

SOE does not give refunds on things they nerf.

Tactic making money with skillfree idiots =

Selling completely broken overpowered stuff to idiots which would kick down faction balance for the slightest ingame advantage for 7 euro AND
    4 weeks later nerf the overpowred weapon to sell a new overpowered replacement of the old weapon which got nerfed.

Small hint:

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BUY THE NEW ANTI VEHICLE WEAPONS FOR THE MAX UNIT WHICH COMES OUT ON THE SAME DAY OF THE STRIKER NERF.
  18. OmegaPREDATOR

But striker don't OS an ESF ... to many modificator between infantery and -each- vehicule.
  19. Ranik

To those saying the RoF nerf is ok because of the lock on speed buff.

There is no lock on speed buff. It is purely a nerf to RoF
  20. OmegaPREDATOR

Start after, finish before ... how did you call that so ? Improvement ?

May have change now in test server, nobody have info about ?