Striker nerf coming! ROF lowered.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by TriumphOfMan, Apr 29, 2013.

1. TriumphOfMan

Jumped onto the test server today to discover this

• Up x 3
  2. S0LAR15

Yea, not surprised.

Ofc TR won't understand, but tbh not surprised at all. Way too effective vs air. Not like that nerf even changes that.
    • Up x 15
  3. AxisO7

If they do this while leaving it broken with every second volley not doing any damage, they are taking the p!ss.
    • Up x 19
  4. Halcyon

Good.
    • Up x 5
  5. Kociboss

They can nerf rof all they want, but firstly they should fix the damn thing.
    • Up x 4
  6. XParagonX

What nerf?

Thats prob server latency or something .(being sarcastic)

The difference it not even hardly worth mentioning.
    • Up x 2
  7. Metallic123

it'll make the pilots who don't know how to fly happy
    • Up x 6
  8. SpcFarlen

It will only make a difference at longer ranges and actually give your target time to react. It puts it more in line with other launchers in terms of damage. Ill still use my Striker, though i only use it for long range or AA capabilities.
    • Up x 1
  9. Bill Hicks

The striker was fine.
    • Up x 23
  10. Xind

A bad/boring weapon gets worse!
    Glad I didn't waste certs/sc on buying a re-skinned annihilator!
    • Up x 12
  11. Sen7ryGun84

Only effective against air when used in groups. But then again, so is everything.

The only target the striker is really good for are libs and galaxies. Every ESF pilot worth his salt has already learned the required maneuvers to ditch striker rockets and force them to the ground/obstacle.

I stopped using the striker ages ago. The default G2A heat seeking launcher (with a dumbfire option) does greater DPS to aircraft, and its tracking system is much harder to fudge.
    • Up x 4
  12. Selerox

It's about time this got nerfed. Hopefully it'll get fixed at the same time, but a nerf was needed.
    • Up x 1
  13. Vetto

Yup.. Got love TR Are thing is ROF!... till it nerfed to no end..
    • Up x 9
  14. Jachim

Yeah 'cause those score per hour listings showing the Striker being by far the lowest, poorest and worst of the three ESRL's are all lies, right?
    • Up x 11
  15. ShayeUK

lol striker nerf, it blows, never wanted SC back for anything but striker is ******* useless and to top it off, bugged
    • Up x 4
  16. EnviousCipher

TR, go use the Grounder, show them its not the Striker, just that TR has a more organized Anti Air defence.
    • Up x 2
  17. S0LAR15

The launcher counter flares... and yes there are manouvers, but what make you think you're just gong to pull one off so easily with AA maxes and ESFs around? I'm a good pilot, and trust me, shaking lock on missiles is frakking hard to work into your manouvering between everything else you need to be doing. For one thing to bug a missile requires you slow right down to a virtual stand still and hover boost in a semi circle, it's suicide if there is anything else trying to get you.

Now for the grounder, you can tell it's the grounder due to it's shorter lock on time, so you can wait for a second or two before flaring and get away easily, AND if you time it very well have the flare lock on immunity mess with his next shot. You cannot do that for the striker at all. since 4 more missiles ram your *** anyway.

Now I agree the bug of the second clip should be fixed, how the hell that even gets coded I have no idea, but that still doesn't change the performance of the weapon first time round, which is how it is 95% of the time.
    • Up x 1
  18. randalthorr

The only issue I have with the striker is its mysterious ability to come hit me even when I get behind cover.
    • Up x 2
  19. S0LAR15

Go look at the VS zephyr score per hour........those stats really don't mean a whole lot.
    • Up x 2
  20. Sen7ryGun84

The striker launcher doesn't counter flares. It just counters stupid launcher operators. There is no difference in this game so far between a solid lock and a projectile launch. Pilots just dump flares either at first sign of a lock or shortly afterwards.

When I use the ASP grounder I simply lock the target. Wait a couple of seconds for them to dump flares, then reaquire and fire if they;re still in range. Its just as good a deterrent as the striker, but the projectiles are significantly harder to evade.

Claiming AA maxes and hostile ESF's make it hard to dodge striker missiles is no excuse. If thats the scenario you are flying into then guided ordnance is the least of your worries. This would be the same as me claiming that all sniper rifles need a slower projectile speed and greater bullet drop because there are heaps of other infantry and vehicles trying to shoot at me too.
    • Up x 4