Striker nerf coming! ROF lowered.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by TriumphOfMan, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Van Dax

Cool so you'd know that while fun to use most of the time you're better off with a regular dumbfire. with the striker I saw clips that showed the lock on and then they'd hide behind cover with the barrel sticking out and the rockets would turn at a 90deg angle, this may have changed I don't know. So Striker has a trade off over the lock-on launchers, it isn't the clearly superior choice it used to be: thats how it is supposed to be.

You'd be surprised the impact the striker had on the game, I just got a nemesis and was in a big battle with lots of reavers in the air-all of them had flares. Next I got in a battle with a bunch of mossies in the air-less than a third had flares.
    Sure the lancer has its ambush tactics but if you were in an organized group I bet you could do the same with decimators.

All in all I get that the striker is boring but what did you expect? it still is just a lock-on.
  2. Caserion

That's why i hope they will eventually add a dumb-fire mode which works just like the new MAX weapon, the breaker. Lock on is just too unreliable, as it only takes one dude to stand in front of a tank, and you can not lock on to it. You could see the whole tank, but if a guy is standing near the lock on area, you're boned.

And i do agree on the Lancers and the new Vanu AV MAX weapon, they don't deal enough damage right now.
  3. Van Dax

soo you want it to be better than the decimator stock dumb fire and annihilator?
  4. SolidSnake

As opposed to the god-like HA TR players who perform the incredibly complex task of holding down a button to fire 5 computer guided missiles at air/ground targets.... That's serious skill yo.
  5. Doogle

please show me a video of a decimator squad wiping out a tank column while safe ontop of a mountain.
  6. Van Dax

show me a decimator squad first:p
  7. Caserion

I want it to be more special than a lock on launcher...
  8. Van Dax

so you want a lock on launcher that is more special than a lockon launcher?
  9. Caserion

i want it to be NOT a lock on launcher...
  10. Metallic123

NC - Best MAX, Best infiltrator starting package, best LMG in game, best A2G ESF weapon. The only bad thing the NC has is the jokehammer which is better than the MCG. real skills yo
    • Up x 2
  11. Van Dax

well then friend you chose exactly the wrong launcher.
  12. Kaktwox

Yet another not so shocking decision from this development team. Nerf the worst performing ESRL, great job. Now you can go back to trying to think of new versatile weapons that you can give to the NC while handicapping the other two factions.
  13. SolidSnake

So you're saying the NC has an advantage in all those areas and therefore dominate the other factions on even population fights right? what's that? no? Sounds to me like someone feeling sorry for himself, making up excuses to justify his losing to NC players.

Best MAX - Already been nerfed. What's so horrible about a TR MAX with dual mercies anyway? It does great damage at even longer range than Scatmax, 70+ rounds magazine when certed. Yes the Scatter MAX is better at close ranges, c l o s e r a n g e.

Best Infiltrator package - I don't play infiltrator but even with the introduction of SMGs and pistols you still whine about another faction's starting package? Doesn't TR have the best Sniper rifle? the Rams .50? or did you conveniently omit that part?

Best A2G ESF Weapon - Wow, just wow. With all factions, ALL FACTIONS ESFs, having access to Lolpods, Scythe having the best ones imo, you go out of your way to complain about a weapon that not many NC pilots use. I have yet to be killed by AH on my TR toon but I've died to a ton of times to lolpods. This is a moot point anyway since they already nerfed it. Don't really care 'cause I don't use AH on my ESF.

That last line on your already lame argument seals the deal. The "only bad thing" NC has. Heh. I didn't hear you complaining when we were being farmed by TR players using higher RoF weapons and taking advantage of ridiculous flinch mechanics against NC players. Oh that's perfectly OK by you I imagine. Oh let's not forget Prowlers farming infantry with each shot from HEAT main gun, that went on for longer than the Phoenix was being used to farm infantry. Better handling ESF. T9 CARV is still a good LMG, I use it exclusively on my HA. Before the introduction of SMGs, TR had the best CQC infantry weapons with ridiculous RoF. So stop all your bellyaching about how bad you have it and use what you have, it's not as bad as you want everyone to believe.
  14. Tycoh

Don't know if you're just ignorant or just trying to make NC seem less powerful.

Best MAX : Would pick an NC MAX dual shotgun + Charge over any TR MAXes any day.

Best Infiltrator Package: Mainly speaking about the stock bolt action rifle. 2 shot kill, sound pretty damn good to me when its FREE and you don't have to dish out 1000 certs for a better one like TR and VS have to do.

Best A2G ESF Weapons - Both the NC nose gun (Especially the Vortex and the god damned airhammer) and rocket pods are very good at A2G. You must be using them wrong if you differ in perspective.

TR is a speed and fast RoF based faction. How is it that you're pissed off about them using their FACTION TRAIT IN CQC? You're literally arguing that TR's faction traits were OP. And now that they've nerfed it to ****, TR vets feel like they're playing a dumbed down version of "Call of Duty: Planetary Warfare". TR literally has nothing special about them.

*Enemy check list to get equivalent traits as TR and get their bonus faction traits*
    Oh TR has high RoF and CQC weapons? I'll just cert into an SMG or a higher RoF assault rifle (Check)
    Oh TR has better handling stock ESFs? I'll just cert into dogfighter chassis (Check)
    Oh TR has fastest RoF MAX weapons? Cert into Charge + highest mag weapon + kinetic armor. Charge into the TR MAXes face and shoot his head repeatedly. You'll kill him before he kills you.
    Oh TR carbines have 10 more bullets than your carbines. Oh dear god! Run for the hills! It's the end times!
    And surprisingly, that's all that TR has.

TR can't decrease bullet drop significantly
    TR can't make their guns do more damage at the cost of RoF (TR loves you TMG50)
    TR doesn't have a tiny armor boost or armor that is hard as **** to see in the dark
  15. Caserion

I chose the wrong faction XD.
  16. Allhopeforhumanity

I don't know what any of this has to do with potential striker nerfs but I'll bite.

On the MAX: what you would choose and what is statistically better aren't necessarily the same thing. With the nerf to ammo supply, rate of fire and damage, unless you spend the 2000 certs to get a second arm shotty and extended mags the NC MAX will lose to the equivalent TR/VS MAX even at point blank during our ridiculously long reload.

Best Infiltrator Package: There are a lot of situations where semi-autos are superior to bolt actions, this is a matter of taste.

ESF Weapons: Sure NC weapons hit harder, but you have to look at the ESFs holistically. Being faster and more responsive allows the Mossy to more easily get to the rear armor of the tank. Having higher velocity rockets allows the pods to be used more reliably from father away and even in AA combat. And the smaller hitbox makes it less likely that it will be shot down by a tank round.

TR weapons have a larger ammo pool in exchange for a slower reload. There are situations where this is better and others where this is worse. High RoF often translates into better TTK, especially in CQC,where most TR argue that the NC MAX is OP because "that's where most of the objectives are".

I don't think that the TR empire specific options are holistically better than the NC, just as I don't think the NC is holistically better than the TR. They are different for different circumstances, and that's how it should be. The trick is playing to your empires strength and recognizing its weaknesses to best adapt to the combat at hand, not simply coming to the forums to complain when other factions have strengths that yours doesn't.
  17. ItsJustDash

You know the striker is the reason why I dropped the armor on my reaver and went Nano. You can block most of the rockets yeah but one or two of them will still nail you without fail. That adds up when you are in a fight for territory >.<
  18. SolidSnake

Having played both TR and NC, no I wouldn't say I'm ignorant. Then again that's what trolls do to anyone that disagrees with them don't they? I still think the TR AI Max with dual mercies is good enough. The NC Scatmax has already been "adjusted" to the point it doesn't dominate like it used to. Apparently you still want more, what would you like? for it to fire foam colored balls at the enemy? then you'd probably come here and ask for hollow foam balls 'cause the current ones still hurt your delicate face. The NC Scatmax isn't very effective beyond 10m, your Max is. If you are still running up to a NC Max you're doing it wrong, so adjust rather than whine for nerfs.

What about the stock bolt action rifle? does the TR one fire blanks? do NC infiltrators dominate the battlefield with it? I barely play infiltrator and even I switched out of the stock sniper rifle in favor of the LA 80, you have the choice of getting the best bolt action rifle in the game, as I previously mentioned, we don't. Trade you the stock NC sniper rifle for a RAMS .50? what do you say?

Why in the blue hell would you use either the Vortek or Airhammer nose guns on infantry over lolpods? talk about stupidity. You're using a weapon that's designed to fight other aircraft against infantry and complain that it's not as good as the NC one? in your own words, "you must be using them wrong" It's designed to match the ESF it's mounted on. The Mossy is faster and more maneuverable than a Reaver, if you disagree you are not only ignorant but an idiot. That's why the Mossy rotary isn't as powerful, it's called give and take. If they went ahead and gave Mossies a nose gun as strong as the Vortek it would be so freakin unbalanced in favor of TR, but I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with that hmm?

Oh and TR lolpods aren't effective against infantry? I seem to kill NC/VS players just fine with mine, maybe YOU are using them wrong?

Classic case of "the grass is always greener."
  19. Tycoh

Ugh, you're not reading my post slowly enough. If you're going to be a dick in your post, i'll post in the same attitude.

What i want is TR's RoF back for MAXes and infantry. You know, TR actually taking advantage of its faction trait. But it seems that its too OP for you.

Its been adjusted to where it doesn't dominate because its a arm mounted shotgun! You're supposed to get close to your enemy. It shouldn't kill enemies from 20 yards away like it did before. Hell you shouldn't even be whining at all about the NC MAX, it kills players with 1.3 shots to the chest in CQC or 1 shot to the head.

You're comparing a FREE of charge 2 shot kill bolt action rifle against a TR 1000 cert 2 shot kill bolt action rifle. You can figure out what kind of argument a person would bring up about that. *Hint* The NC bolty is cheaper

You were complaining that the NC reaver A2G was crap. Any skilled pilot can keep his cursor on the back of a tank long enough to down it pretty efficiently if they ran out of pod ammo.

If a Mossy is more maneuverable than you CERT INTO DOGFIGHTER CHASSIS DIMWIT. Don't know where you pulled the mossy from as i've never even talked about it.

TR lolpods are good if the aircraft pilot is good. Never said they were bad. Stop pulling stuff out of your ***.
  20. Citizen H

As long as certain devs remain in charge, TR will always be the wrong faction.

NC guns get better damage per shot, VS get better accuracy. Both get guns with comparable rate of fire to TR and both get access to Extended Magazines. TR guns may get more bullets in the mag out of the box, but that doesn't stop their TTK from being inferior.

VS turn invisible at night. NC's blue camo doesn't hurt either. TR are bright red to ensure they show up in all situations.

NC gets an invincibility shield for their MAX. VS gets a speed and damage boost that can be toggled on and off instantly at will. Both aid in the MAX's purpose of crashing highly defended areas. TR MAXs get the ability to STAND STILL. Offensively it is useless; stationary MAXs can't crash. Defensively, it just allows the enemy to more easily hit them with rockets, snipe them, drop C4 on them, or just walk behind them and shoot them in the back with impunity. It's sure great at gunning down stationary targets in VR, but in real gameplay it's tactically worthless.

It even extends to the visual design of the game.
    NC gets a sturdy looking tank. VS gets a futuristic hover tank. TR gets to drive a Sega Genesis around.
    VS gets a crab mecha for a MAX. NC gets a power loader. TR gets a fat guy in hockey and football pads.

Screwing TR is standard operating procedure for the devs. Why should ESLs be any different?
    VS get an anti-armor sniper rifle. NC get a steerable kamikaze death drone that lets them attack safely from behind a hill. Both offer new tactical opportunities both factions didn't have before. TR get a lock on launcher; after both them and the other factions already had lock on launchers that are arguably better; nothing new is brought to the table.
    That encapsulates how the devs treat TR in a nutshell.

VS gets whatever is cool and interesting. NC gets whatever is powerful and effective. TR gets whatever is left over with zero thought or effort put into it at best, or with loaded with drawbacks designed to help the enemy at worst. TR has no factional advantage because both of the other factions are always offered that advantage: TR gets a lock on launcher? So does NC and VS. High rate of fire guns and Extended Mag attachments for everyone!
    • Up x 2