PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Methrade

OK, here's a little update.

Yeah so a good CPU overclock shouldn't negatively affect anything if it's stable guys. If anything a proper CPU OC will help a little. It's still a pretty poorly threaded game engine so one thing you can do is try to safely increase your processor clock to handle the high pop areas, where the CPU bottleneck is relevant. Low load temps and stress tests both through programs like prime and hours of CPU intensive games show this stability. However, I did try it at stock speeds just to make sure my entire understanding of the entire world wasn't wrong, and it still crashed intermittently (every 15-30 minutes) with lower FPS in intensive areas.

I've been launching PS2 directly now (no steam client) and then setting it's cpu priority to high. Seems to help somewhat. Now, instead of blatant SOD crashes, I've just been freezing up momentarily every 30 minutes or so. As long as I don't touch anything, it reestablishes itself in about 15 seconds. Just enough time to get killed, considering this almost always happens in a high pop area.
    • Up x 1
  2. Fairlightfire

To update, I have tried using a power mode without core unparking, and I get almost the same crashes still. So it's not because of unparking. I also have googled and found some reports about 314.07 Nvidia drivers crashing and making the card overheat. I have tried to roll back, but earlier drivers really affect PS2 performance badly, so no point of having them for me.

I think the game clearly started crashing the most after the latest update.
  3. Methrade

Yeah the more I hear from my buddies having the same problems with relatively different systems, the more I think it's simply a high population bug that showed up around the time of the latest hotfix. As long as its not my system, I'm not gonna worry about it too much. Guess it's back to BF3 for me until this is resolved.
  4. Itorbeh

I honestly would have to say it's a screw up on their end, same thing, very stable system, no troubles with any other games and I've tested in prime as well. My laptop performance wise is about 15-20% slower than my pc but I play it with the same almost max settings (except shadows... who needs shadows on high :p) and it runs the game fine without any problems.. The real nail in the coffin for me is that I haven't changed anything system wise for quite a while, neither clock rate nor updates but this problem did start after the last hotfix.
  5. Widowstar

same here its absolutely impossible to play the game longer than a couple of minutes since the last hotfix
    before this hotfix i had absolutely zero problems with the game
  6. r1stormrider

running an i7 2600k sandy bridge CPU, and an ATi radeon 6970 2 gig vid card. also have a sabertooth p67 mobo. the game plays well for about 30min. then i get the black screen with my sound drivers crashing out so i have to reboot my entire system. when i get back into the game, it'll start crashing again the same way after 10min next time and then its gonna just chain crash each and every time.

so i updated my vid card drivers to the latest AMD has to offer (beta ones as of feb. 18th). also, every single time i play the game i have to validate the files. if i do this, then i can play the game without any issue for the time im able (3hrs sometimes 4). so if anybody out there hasnt tried this, though im sure the majority of you have but you never know, then give this a shot.

there was a hotfix last week that they released, but it didnt help when i tried to play the game without validation. it just kept chain crashing again like always to where this game is unplayable. so, my start up time for ps2 has dramatically increased but at least i can play lol
  7. SceaRd

Same. Everything started after the big game update aprox 3 weeks ago. Nothing in the settings help. High, low, nothing matters.
  8. dharKharma

Hmmm my game seem to crash after playing in a vehicle after some time. Anybody else experiencing the same thing?
  9. Truci

Well, problem fixed with the 101mb patch today, playing since 2hours no problem
    (mine started 3weeks ago after the last big patch, everyone flickering as soon as i connected with all settings possible, also crashs when fights too intensives)
  10. r1stormrider

well im back to crashing now. if i do not validate ill last maybe 30min to 45min. with validation it goes up to almost 1.5hr. same ****. screen blips out to black, still hear the game, then BZZZZZZZZZ!!!! sound drivers crash out. this is gonna start messing my computer up from all the crashes. i am running out of patience and i dont know what to do. thinking of running my CPU at a lower OC level like maybe 4.2ghz from 4.4ghz. i shouldnt have to decrease my performance though :(
  11. titan3217

same problem here..
    win 7 32bit
    2gb ram
    ATI 6670 1gb (with last ati drivers update)

I installed the game yesterday! o_O
  12. Meta Haze

13. Vadnais

Getting this issue also with a 64 bit OS. I barely even have time to log into a character before it freezes on me :-/
  14. MasterTater

Hey Dude - the Cash shop is running like a 12 cyclinder Porsche motor and is updated to work perfectly with new optimizations (op weapons) every patch. So dont argue with the bosses.

Thats all what really matters - isn´t it?
  15. SatanOne

Thx to Meta Haze my game is working...i have tryed for only 30 min but if you dont see me in the next post it mean that have completely solved my problem.

thx again
  16. dharKharma

Managed to play on average an hour on last update before game crashes, slight improvement.
  17. dharKharma

Game crashed 3 times in a row after like 10mins now. Sigh... when I thought things were taking a turn for the better.
  18. ggallin

yup same here.... today i played 1 hour and had 4 crashes.... normally ps2 runs very stable.... last log on was last weekend and everything was fine.... OS64 bit....
  19. br011i

I've been crashing since I put win 8 on.
  20. r1stormrider

so ive been trying other things.

-rolled back my ATi's vid card drivers to previous. no help there
    -my validation trick that kept me in-game for hours on end has now become useless.
    -lowered the speed on my CPU to 4.2ghz from 4.4ghz. no dice.
    -running the game as administrator did help, i lasted 3hrs in-game and i actually logged off happy. then it stopped working.

now, im back to crashing once again. the administrator thing only worked for about a day and its back to crashing first at 45min, 2nd time it wont even last 5min, and then if im not too angry ill log back in. at this point, the game can last for about an hour or 2 at the most before crashing yet again. everybody gets CTD's, i get black screens of death followed by a hard system lock that requires me to reboot my PC. that is what is frustrating. i found a new option (the admin thing) that was actually working, but now its not. my patience is seriously wearing thin.