PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. dharKharma

Business as usual, crashing every 30mins, during random and differing situations on 5 tries. After all the many patches, hotfixes, tweaks. reinstalls, rollbacks, downclocks, reconfigurations...
  2. Deth

Crashing left and right for me today... It has been running fine. What happened?
  3. Mule popper

I wonder why releasing a massivly multiplayer game when so many people in this world cant even run it propely.
    All the suggestions of fixing this damn crashing problems concluded in getting a new operationg system or a better computer.
    It would be nice if you SOE guys will actually try to fix your own game insted of me buying a new computer in a huge amount of money for the ability to play 1 game.
    Gameplay is awsome, but there are better games which i can actually operate.
  4. WyrdNexus

Sorry to necro this post, but I have nearly identical specs, even the same MB (i have the Plus, your have the Delux). I went through 5 weeks of back and forth with their support trying to figure this out, only to finally get a "we don't know, and can't investigate further without access to your computer."

Seriously thinking about trying to get a gGroup going about this, because I'm tired of not hearing any answer other than, "must be you."

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!newtopic/planetside2-win7-crash
  5. abraxasangel

so i am somewhat new to this game and i LOVE it, but am disappointed that it crashes every 20-30 minutes for me as well. especially considering i have JUST built this badass gaming PC with an i5 CPU, 64 win7, 8gb ram and an evga geforce gtx 660ti (so it should be able to handle anything you can throw at it), and thus far, this is the only game i am having this issue with. all drivers updated too, and my roomie (who has the exact same setup as my rig) doesn't have this issue.

i don't get it, but i wanna play for more than 20 minutes so badly, so i figured i'd add my experience in with this post :-(
  6. bbgenesis

Same problem here, running an i7 3770k, 8gb ram, gtx titan, and running it from a solid state drive... Crashes like clock work every 10-20 minutes.
  7. Slash111

I've got the same problem but mine freezes when I jump into battle on the frontlines. First it greatly slows down my com then it freezes instantly. I can ctrl + alt +del though but i cant get back to the game. When I m in a less populated area or away from the frontlines, it goes fine. There is no problem at all.

I have
    AMD athlon II X3 445 processor 3.10 ghz
    4 gb ram
    windows 7 64 bit
    AMD radeon HD 6700 series

This spec is close (not fairly) to the recommend systems reqs, but why am I freezing when I am in the frontlines. Please help. I have done everything I had but all had failed. please give some advice.
  8. bbgenesis

I finally got it to work without crashing yesterday night. Mine was crashing where yours was (like when people started shooting around me essentially.) I read somewhere about it happening on some characters and not others so I created a new character on a different faction (but same server by accident because I didn't really read the server names). It worked fine on the new toon for about 45 minutes then I switched back to the original character and had no more problems out of that one either.
  9. Slash111

Mine freezes at the moment I enter a huge battle and also I have discovered another freeze, this is when I tried to respawn. The moment I click deploy it instantly freezes the game but only the game, the invoice and sounds didnt freeze. Is there really a problem with my vcard or is it the game itself considering that most of the people here have the same problems that I have.
  10. Slash111

And here i thought that the last update would help fix the crashes (sigh). I still keep getting it. I am beginning to not liking this game anymore.
  11. Foxiol

Same problem as you. Despite my PC while still running a dual core at 3.0Ghz....at least good for small fights lol, the game never crashed on me until the last update in where I can play for not so long and suddenly if a big fight is near or when I want to re-spawn the game freezes.

Windows 7 64Bit
    4GB RAM
    GTX560Ti OC 1GB, Drivers 314.22 WHQL (latest)

Still while playing in small battles got very good frame rates and all but the game started to freeze after the latest huge patch for me.
    Since the beta the only crash I have is when I close the game. (never fixed...)
  12. Croft

For the love of god SOE fix this, i have not been able to play for a month iI believe, the game was so smooth and perfect before, no crashes or freezes, good fps right now is just freezing every 10-20 minutes makes the game unplayable...

And please dont say is my computer i was able to play the game since beta, what did change that suddenly make the game crash so frecuently, not even in beta i had that many problems, seriusly almost one month of not being able to play unless completely alone in the continent.

I dont care you gave us launchers, invisible flash and new helmets, if i cant play why would I bother on give you money!?
  13. MarzMega

I've been having the same problem. It runs perfectly fine large battles small battles. But when I respawn I crash to desktop. But it will happen randomly as well.
    Specs:
    Intel i5-3570k
    HD sapphire radeon 7950(all drivers current)
    Asus p8z77-v lk mobo
    8 gigs of ram
    Windows 7 32(upgrading to windows 8 64(
    I'm hopping the upgrade will do something, but after reading most of this thread im not so sure. This is my first time since the days of home world and counterstrike that I've played a PC game. I built my system to specifically play games like this. All other games work spectacularly. Big let down. I woulda threw money at SOE but so far I can't even get an hour on it. I see this issue has been going on since almost day 1. I'm gonna just focus on bf3 and arma if its not fixed by May. Wish me luck, windows 8 will be here tomorrow :D
  14. TheDukeofSpook

Exactly the same as me, my game runs perfectly fine but crashes when I try to respawn or a lot of the time also is randomly.
  15. MarzMega

It seems as though upgrading to windows 8 64 fixed the in game crashing issue. I was able to play for a few hours last night flawlessly. If you're running Windows 7 32 I recommend getting upgraded to win 8 64. Especially if you have over 4 gigs of ram. I got 8 and it recognized 8.2. Pretty impressive and I got used to the new layout.
    the actual desktop almost works exactly like 7.
  16. Tomoki Sakurai

lol vry lag:mad:~~~~~~
  17. Draylynn

Crashing less than 5 mins randomly, well crash.. client just disappears completely, no errors.
    Win7-HP (64bit)
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    Nvidia 460GTX

Would be nice for just one day this week, I could just sit down, login and play with no problems... Not adding anymore SC/Prem time to my account.
  18. EKPlog

Operating system : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, build 2600)
    system manufacturer :INTEL
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU X6800 @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory 2044MB Ram
    Display
    GPU : Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
    Current display mode 1024 X 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I crash every 30 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes
    i have quit the game because of this problem i really love the game
    I CANNOT BUY ANYTHING TO FIX IT!
  19. Peejay84

Well it seems crashing for most of the people in this thread seems to be similiar. I also have a crash sometimes when i deploy, change zone or enter elevator to biodome. Im running I2500k @4400MHz and Asus Gtx 680 DC2 Top, on windows 7 64bit. Nothing elses crashes. No parity errors in event log and i can run Intel Burn test or AIDA forever.
    Sometimes i can play the whole day without a crash and sometimes it crashes after 30 min. I think when i enable the PHYSX crashes are more often, but it might be just a coincidence.
    Im starting to think it might be something with loading, since game loads when you enter an elevator or respawn/deploy. Maybe something with having it on SSD? Im running Samsung 840 256GB pro. Or maybe not having it in its default instalation folder>
    It is really anoying, i hoped GU6 will fix it but it didn't ;_;
  20. Brainwayne

its caused by bad ram management i believe... SOE has not answered to any of these threads yet.