PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Zergling

I'm constantly getting 'PlanetSide2 has stopped working' crashes every 10-20 minutes, which is making it impossible to enjoy the game.
    Nothing I change in game settings fixes the crashes.

I'm using Windows 7 32-bit with an ATI 5670 HD and 4 gb memory.

From the looks of this forum, I'm far from the only one with this problem... any official response from the Devs about fixing this?
    • Up x 9
  2. sirromrm

Been getting the same along with a really annoying crash where it freezes for a good 20 seconds and then I'm able to alt tab back in and it's unfrozen.

Very annoying while flying...
    • Up x 4
  3. Trump63b

same problem. Every 10 to 20 minutes it just crashes. I have verified the files numerous times, reinstalled the game, updated all drivers, and nothing is fixing it.
    win 7 32 bit
    ati 7750
    4gb
  4. Axxm

So I'm having the same problem, and I'm starting to piece it together...

I think it's the Windows 7 32-bit that's causing it. I think to get rid of it you need to buy a 64-bit. I've been in and out of SOE live chat help and got nothing that actually works. But I do see a lot of threads like this and I see that they usually have a Windows 7, 32-Bit operating system
  5. DigitalKiller

I have windows vista 64-bit and get this exact same problem. I've validated the game files, re-installed, and checked my computer settings. Nothing has worked. I can't even get interested in this game, or recommend it to a friend, knowing that it is SO HORRIBLY filled with bugs. I mean i thought when a game came out of beta it was because they fixed most of the bugs and there for were ready to be released. What kind of game runs beta for a year and doesn't even fix the 100's of bugs I've seen posted, along with a MAJORRRRRRRRRRRRR issue like not ever being able to run the game for more then 5 minutes?????????
    • Up x 3
  6. anotherCrashLOL

Dat feel I know bro, I'm so mad right now
    • Up x 1
  7. Zetantan

I've got exactly the same probleme

Config

Win 7-32
    4Go memory
    Radeon 6570
  8. Nameless

same here
  9. Antigrav01

Would be nice if they at least acknowledged it. Even though I know they probably are working on this issue, communication would be nice. That way I can at least relax about it and stop wondering if I should keep wasting my time with this game. I love the gameplay so far, but the bugs gotta go. I also want to know why they decided to release the game when its still acting like a beta. As I said in my own post about the crashing issue, id be willing to actually buy the game if it meant no bugs. This is what we get for an early release of a free game I suppose.

Im considering starting up an outfit with my friends and investing some consistent time with this game, so im excited and anxious. Devs, please do something soon!
  10. Cian

same problem here.
    having a AMD Radeon HD6450. plays fine but after 20 minutes suddenly a crash.
  11. killquick

I got this bug as well, running 32bit vista and crash all the time. hating the game atm. please hotfix soon :(
  12. Christopher007

Same thing here! Crashes every 10 minutes and have tried all the suggested fixes.
  13. DigitalKiller

What server do you play on? Since the game is still brand new I'm looking to join a outfit early on with other people that will be very active.....excuse me I said that wrong, I'm looking to join a outfit that will be as active as they can be while crashing every other 5 minutes lmao.
  14. DigitalKiller

Quick edit, I also tried running planetside2.exe as a administrator since I run vista, did nothing just like all the other "fixes" for this problem.
  15. TSR_Bil-G Customer Service

Unfortunately, 32 bit systems only allow the use of a maximum of 3 gigabytes of RAM, despite how many you may have installed. So if you're got 16 gb installed on a 32 bit system, you're still going to only have access to 3 gigs of that memory. You need at least 4 to run the game. Without seeing your DXDIag it's hard to diagnose any more than that, but you're probably going to want to be running at least the minimum specified system requirements. If you'd like a tech to take a look at your system, please contact tech support and submit your MSINFO32 and DXDIAG files. Thanks!!
  16. Biros

The one thing in common that all people in this thread seem to have is ATI. Which I also have. Along with the issues. Game crashes before it even reaches 2GB RAM, and I still have some memory free (when I play this, I don't run anything else - no skype, no browsers, nothing). I have 4GB installed, but the OS is only 32bit Win7. A few days ago, driver version 12.10 was released, I think. I haven't downloaded it yet, but I'll try it out now.
  17. Trik

I have the same problem. However I run on a 64 bit system and my GPU is nvidia. I can not play more that 10mins I reinstalled the game twice now. Back in beta everything was great all the sudden this bug don't understand.
    • Up x 1
  18. Antigrav01

Jaeger. We're all Vanu. The outfit hasnt been officially decided yet, we were just discussing it one night.

I guess thats why there seems to be more people with this problem using 32bit than 64bit. I have a copy of 64bit Windows 7, im just too lazy to install it... I think once I do, ill be sure to buy plenty of RAM. If not for this game, but just for future proofing.
  19. TeReKBio

I have W7 64bits - 8gb and have the same problem :/
    • Up x 1
  20. trooper909

Same for me to.Funny the beta ran flawlessly but retail runs like a pig and crashes all the time.Feels like a memory leak to me and my OS is 32bit but I have it so the game set to use 4gb so no reason for it to crash due to lack of memory.The fix works with every other game I have had memory related issues with why not this game?

From my great performance in beta despite not having the best rig I was going to sub and buy some SC but now I don't see the point.They seem to be rolling out hotfixes fairly fast and its in there interest for us to be able to play as we have spent 0 cash on the game yet so lets hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later so people don't leave the game for good..
    • Up x 1