PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Brainwayne

ok SOE answered at least to this thread...

But this answer is not mentioned in the official system specs - where it clearly says that you can even use win xp for minimum requirements...

What the heck now?

Just fix this ram management issue before you implement new useless helmets or masks (which are still bugged and look ridiculous)
  2. drzerg

game run on my winxp computer with 2gb at about 30-50fps (and even more) and use about 1.4gb of memory. only thing i need is to turn on video recording. fix this and all will be ok.
  3. SteelRodent

Same story here: crashes like clockwork every 30-45 mins.
    I'm running a more modest rig (4gb of ram on a 32x system, thanks to the Ram Hack my Windows recognises all of it), GTX 460 and an Intel Quad Core Q6600 (OC'd to 3.4).
    Didnt get this problem at all during the earlier stages of the game, only cropped up after the second-to-last full patch.
  4. db2x4

Same problem, the game is not lagging but crashs every 10-20 minute, or my HDD slow response? because in every crashs the HDD led light is hold same as crashs time......can anybody fix it?

MY System:
    CPU :C2D E8400 3.0Ghz 6mb L2 cache
    RAM :6G (2Gx3) DDRII 800
    VGA :AMD HD 5670 1G DDR5
    HDD :250G SATA HDD
  5. TGxVodka

What is your Operating System? Is it 32 or 64 bit? If it's a 32bit that is more than likely the cause of your problems as well.
  6. DancZerX

If the minimum requirement for the game is 4 GB and below this the game crash then why they release 32bit executable?
  7. legendarysoup

I'm having the same issue, I never had this problem before. Now it's just getting really frustrating.
  8. Sumeragui

i7, Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 Ti, 32 Ram and error...(64 Bits)
  9. TSAndrey

PS2 is frezzing a lot when loading! This didn't happen before, so it's certainly not my issue (I can run the game fine!). Please fix it, the game is unplayable!
  10. Rokoneto

I have the same problem. Game is working on max graphics quality, and got 35fps, on minimal it got 55fps. But the game crashes every 10-20 minutes, usually it crashes when warping or deploying. I'm got a Windows 7 32x, Radeon 5570, AMD Athlon X2 II, 4gb ram. But when i not warping and staying in a some place, game didn't crashes. Sorry for my bad english, i'm from EU.
  11. Master2Rob

Same Problem still here! Crashes after 5-30 minutes. Newest drivers are installed. My game crashes every 5 minutes when my x-box 360 controller is plugged in. What the hell? Please fix it! You cant require real money for such a bugged and unstable game!!

My System:
    Windows 7 64bit
    16 GB DDR3 Corsair RAM
    Intel i5-3570K
    ATI HD 7950 (3GB)
    OCZ Vertex4 512GB SSD
    Headset: G35
  12. joshtb86

Not only has SOE not been helpful via tech support, they won't even acknowledge this is a problem.
  13. AstroCat

Yep, same issue. Posted about it many times and have ongoing support ticket which has not helped. The reason is because it's not my system, it's the game.
  14. Itorbeh

Look, I love this game... I love playing it a ton.
    But there is a seriously un-addressed issue with it crashing regularly.
    For me there is a freeze in the sound/sound dying then the video just freezing. I can ctrl-alt-del and close the game down (which just says "Not Responding" and load it back up again but the crashes are appearing to be much more frequent usually within the first five to ten minutes.

This isn't my system, no other game crashes it and I have plenty to test with. It all started happening around late january after a certain patch and has had me raging ever since. The shame of it all is that there is no acknowledge from SOE.

If it continues I'll likely ask for a return of funds in the form of the yearly subscription I paid for, they will find the ombudsman in Australia sides with customers often when products do not work as stated. It would be stupid if it had to come to that but they should consider the amount of customers they are losing out to this particular crash.

So we can remove doubt about system specs:

Intel i7-2700k CPU @ 3.5ghz
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro Mainboard
    Thermaltake Toughpower 775 PSU
    16gb corsair DDR3 1333mhz Ram
    570GTX Nvidia GFX card
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

All in all, I am sitting well above the minimum specs for the game and run it on high settings and very decent frames per second.. let's rule out the PC to make things clear that the game needs fixing.
  15. AstroCat

It's not your system and its not my two systems, it's the game for sure. Tech can't help and only the devs can fix it. I went round and round with support and in the end of course my systems are fine. It's all on them, nothing we can do but report it.
  16. Itorbeh

Hey, I wouldn't mind doing a little bit of trouble shooting between the two of us to see where our systems might be running into the same problem (ie: the same hardware might be causing the same issues). If we can pinpoint where the systems are the same and either disable (when it comes to hardware such as input devices) or downgrade/upgrade (for things such as drivers which may be causing exception handles in PS2) then we might be able to get somewhere. At this point all I have is my main pc which is crashing and my laptop which is running it fine but their hardware is so different I honestly couldn't pin it down to anything.

Could you email me the MSinfo32 system info and DXDiag save the SOE no doubt asked you to submit? My email address is hrvrob@gmail.com

Trust me when I say that if it's a hardware problem I'll find it.
  17. warcode

Turning off GPU Physics took my crashes down from one every 10-15 minutes to one every 30m-1h.

Crashes are always c0000005 and c00000fd errors.
  18. SupeDupe

Same problem here. I've already sent a ticket with msinfo and dxdiag but just now saw this thread.

Before GU8 I could play fine for hours without crashing.

Win8 x64
    i5 3570k
    GTX 670
    16gb RAM
    Installed on SSD
  19. ClusterBomb

yh I forgot about the ombudsmen, Im downloading this game again through steam, gonna check if the game is more stable, if not then Im going through the Ombudsmen.
    I still got my receipts in email, I spent money on this game, they kept promising a fix, and system requirements are false and misleading. Then there is the whole problem of me spending over $70 then a patch a week later causes the game to be more unstable. Over this crap.
  20. Itorbeh

Hey guys, something which seems to have worked for me (so far) so please have a crack of it yourself.

The game seems to have a lot of calls for audio (not surprising given the amount of sound going through the game) but it also seems to be making the calls for the audio devices in a weird way, can't put my finger on it but I'm guessing it's making repeat calls for the default audio device on the system and that is causing an issue.

Two things that I have done one of which is to reduce the audio sample rate by adding this to the UserOptions.ini at the bottom of the [Sound] section: SampleRate=44100

I had done this in the past to no effect but I also went into the audio setting and changed the audio from Default to my preferred audio output, it would seem the games "Use Default Audio Device" setting is the issue.

Like I said, so far so good. Give it a go, let me know how it is for you guys.