PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. BenYeeHua

Try disable any HUD software like steam one,
  2. NanoBitSplit

My game has started crashing like mad over the past week or so- it has become impossible to play for more than ten minutes or so without a freeze and crash to desktop. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why this is happening, as what is happening in game has no effect on if it will crash and when, and until the crashing started, I could play the game fine- albeit with a moderate framerate on all-low graphics, but it would run fine for hours on end.

It is extremely frustrating, to say the least, as nothing has changed on my computer to cause it.
  3. Fairlightfire

^ same. I'm very tired of this ****. Crashes on random, every 1-30 minutes. No end to this. Yes, I unparked my cores, but without doing it I can't play because of the FPS in battles.

Intel Core i5-2410M @ 2.30 Ghz
    RAM 6 GB
    GeForce GT 540M 2GB
    Windows 7 Home 64Bit
  4. BenYeeHua

I5-3210m here, don't has this issues.
    Just the FPS will drop to 25FPS after playing a long time.
  5. FlR3

Mine has just starting doing this today. Get in game, click map and bam planetside 2 has stopped working. Relog and click map again and bam planetside 2 has stopping working. Reboot and log-in to the game, click map and deploy, start dropping in drop pod/it hangs for a minute and I wait, then it starts dropping again, game play for an hour and BAM planetside 2 has stopped working crash. Called it a day and moved on to a different game until another hotfix
  6. TeknoBug

Just started crashing too, it happens each time I attempt to respawn and if the game doesn't crash when respawning I get stuck at under 20 fps and becomes unplayable.
  7. Fairlightfire

Yesterday I was crashing every 10-40 minutes. Today I crashed 3 times just 30 sec to 2 minutes after I launched the game. It seems like it's getting worse. I can also add that after the latest fix seems like crashes occur more often. Basically, I'm very upset about that and waiting for a fix. :-(
  8. dharKharma

Damn... really don't know what's going on. Today, played for 2.5hrs straight at the crown on my first try without a crash!
  9. Flukeman62

guys DON'T over-clock your cpu that's what caused my problems and now i have fixed them by reversing the over-clock
  10. Engineer Tcore

Same here!!

Worked good no problems, but the last 2 days its horrible.
    I stopped playing yesterday, because its just didnt work anymore.

20 min, 30 min, something happend and my computer freeses...After 5 times freezing i was done with it, loosing 2 surrs and 2 planes because of it...
    • Up x 1
  11. BenYeeHua

Yup, this game is heavy on CPU, even more than BF3.
    Trust me.;)
  12. TeknoBug

I noticed a pattern with my issue, it only happens when spawning (drop pod, spawn beacon, or occasionally AMS) which caused it to immediately crash and this was happening while on Amerish. When the fight moved to Indar... no crash whatsoever!

Were you on Amerish when you were crashing and were you on Indar when it stopped?
  13. dharKharma

I reverted to stock speeds for both cpu and gpu but my game was still crashing.
  14. dharKharma

Actually the exact opposite. On briggs server the action is mostly on Indar and yes my crashes are mostly from there. I played on an empty Amerish a few times and never crashed but you can only do so much ghost capping before boredom sets in.

Earlier I was in Indar and defending crown as TR. Action was heavy as VS and NC were attacking but I never crashed and quit in the end when usually the game will quit on me.

EDIT: Ok it's starting again. Game crashed the moment my pod hit the ground.
    EDIT02: Crashed after 30mins on my 2nd try.
  15. Flukeman62

could it be a cooling issue then?
  16. Engineer Tcore

Sometimes its very sensitive if its oced.
    But i also tryed this yesterday without oced gpu and cpu and effect....Nope it just keeps on crashing.

First time, just running arround in wg, and i went to the plane console.Pushed e...Game crash.
    Second time, running fighting nothing happend, jumped in my surr.....Game crash.

I also noticed this, i am no developer...But the crashes gave me the feeling it had something to do with the intensity arround me.
    Because the crashes after the first 3, went i quess..After a splitt second everything arround me got more intensive.
    So explosions many people running arround me, yet another explosing...And crash..Happend mostly when suddenly a lot off things where going on arround me.

First time i stopped playing.No use to log in again, searching for my squad.Helping them and chrashing again after 20 min...
    Ill hope it doesnt crash tonight, otherwise no ps2 4 today, and i dont like that..
  17. BenYeeHua

You know, if you has the dump, and you has 100Mbps upload speed.
    Maybe the devs will look at it, find out why it crash.
  18. Truci

well, i play since the beta and suddenly same bug as -almost- you all... just after the last big patch, 2/3weeks ago :/
    Launch the game, look at my map, crash, launch it again, map, crash again, then the 3rd time worked, but it all started to lag and crash..
    since i dont even play because i can't, just dying or exploding as i'm just walking in the middle of nowhere lol
    Same on all maps and all servers (and my ping with EU servers is stuck at 30 even when i lag/crash ingame)

But the lag and crash happens like Engineer Tcore, when theres a lot of action, mostly explosions, around me the FPS drops, sometimes to 1 FPS (or 1SPF :p)
    If i manage to get out of the mess and explosions i can get my FPS again, all running smooth in mid/low config.
    But if suddenly theres 3/4 explosions at the same time like 100m around me, i instacrash.

I feel exactly like when, on Miller, some TR were voluntarily making crash some hexes of their choice with an exploit. except i crash alone here :/

i7 920, GTX560Ti, 8go Kingston HyperX
  19. Cees wortel

Same, the game crashes after 50 minutes, i think you need better specs for computer like 64 bit and more than 4 gb ram. It's only annoying for me when im in a vehicle and when i cant be sqaud leader because of this problem.
  20. Engineer Tcore

Yesterday while in a drop pod experienced 2 crashes.
    Game stuck while i was hanging in the air. But it was better then before, only 2 crashes this time.
    No oced gpu or cpu, temp where good, its the game 4 sure.