Servers offline all of a sudden?! WTF MATE!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dr.Bendover, Feb 9, 2013.

1. ElysianDawn

Many people here or that even play the game is simple. they see and buy/download a game they expect it. so stop trying to be a nerd and tell of all these technicals. hardly anyone cares but to play the game, or be givin a breif warning of a shutdown of said game. by the way you speak you expect all to be 20-30+ in age, yet this a free to play, you gonna obviously have 10 yr olds playing who cares not for formalities
  2. Grossalaud

+1

It would confirm that they know the servers are down lol..
    Talk about professionalism...
    • Up x 1
  3. Threy

The servers are back online. Have a nice day.
  4. pnkdth

Do not worry, when servers go down everything looks like its blank. Reason being you're not connected thus not getting the data, and I'm guessing you're BR0 and name is Null Null or something.
  5. kadney

[IMG]
    Guys, even hamsters need a break from time to time. Now, since he got his coffee, the servers are up and running again. :)
  6. Kon

no i pushed play and it spawned that black screen in the same locaion etc i was in before i die
  7. ElysianDawn

as a soe game they owr a fair ammount actually unless you was born this centry, soe is a greatly decent sized gaming organisation, if they distrust or piss of enough people than its not only they who loss loyalty but also soe.

with what you said im thinking you only mean money wise. but in the games industry monet means alot, but so does loyalty.

as a matter of fact go make a random game with 0% loyalty and see how far, or how much cash u make compaired to these high gaming industries
  8. Cymoril

My kid woke me up at 8ish am. So Pac time is 2-3 hours less. I find it hard to believe that someone is there at 5am "working" on maintenence. If so, then I admire their dedication to fix things but heads up would have been nice like most of the rest of the people have stated.
  9. Dr.Bendover

Yes if you don't pay for the premium membership. This is basically a ***** slap to the face right now. Absolutely no care for the customers.

FYI I am a premium.
  10. MinorDetail

What he said...
    All I see is people complaining about our downtime, when their time is the middle of the night. People get called, they get up, they get no good sleep. Think about others as well as they are doing their job, without going into a "rant" about their communication.

I for one prefer them to fix the problem a.s.a.p then tweet about it every minute, because those tweets take up time, they could have used to fix it. ^.^
  11. Gamecue

Sony HQ is in Japan, but SOE is a subsidiary game company based in california.
  12. TRStinger

13. Brewergamer

Someone at SOE must've insulted Chuck Norris.
  14. Cymoril

Awesome - ty for the tweet. Im going back to bed.
  15. gobbybobby

they should work in shifts the lazy rodents.
  16. GroiMs

Ok Lets understand,
    New patch was not so good. Then You tried to fix. (When you put patch and closed servers, during the DAY TIME of EU on SATURDAY)
    Now New Maint again on (SATURDAY DAY TIME for EU). As a Game devs or Company you MUST know when to Close or OPEN Servers! If you have any Statistical numbers about the Player numbers when you did last Patch please Share!

I was going to buy Booster + Membership now I consider not to. Please also Remember that Best Customers are Who Complains. Because They like and they complain to make it better!
  17. Gary

They are based in the US patch time/downtime will most likely be US time... get used to it, This is not a new concept and is not a massive deal. It is always going to be prime time somewhere and since they are based in the US why not take the servers down at the best time for them.
  18. GroiMs

Then other option Appears. Maint EU Servers when We sleep, like US ? There are So many MMO's do this.
  19. Sparks

You would be amazed how close to reality that sometimes is, we've had servers going down at midnight and then coming up again 15 minutes later for a full week untill we sent someone to just sit there and watch what happened because there were no clear errors.

Turns out the cleaning lady at midnight unplugged the servers for her vacuum cleaner and after 15 minutes would replug the server again.
  20. Fenrix

thats the oldest re-told IT networking story ever. and rarely is it true