Servers offline all of a sudden?! WTF MATE!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dr.Bendover, Feb 9, 2013.

1. davido140

Sigh....... At the risk of sounding like an echo.... Saturday afternoon???

Come on. Some of use here dont get to play during the week....
    • Up x 2
  2. Prodigal

Yes ofc, thats rather obvious. The point is that shutting down the servers without the slightest warning looks unprofessional and gives the impression that things arent under control. If you take the time to drop a single line and inform the server about the maintenance, people will feel less uncomfortable about it. But this way it looks rather chaotic.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kromag-K

haha i was logged in for 3 minutes before the server shut! I woke up early for nothing :(
  4. Maniaboo

The HAMSTER has been nerfed :)
  5. claxi7of9

oh man...not Again....if this continues, no matter how fun or enjoyable the game may be, i won't be bothered anymore..rather play other more reliable games..
    • Up x 3
  6. Techup

Servers are back up.

I'm ghost capping Esamir and Amerish in the name of the Terran Republic.
  7. LandoCalrissen

I agree. If your going to state your all about customer satisfaction and support why would you just switch off the lights in the middle of the night. I see network broadcasts all the time but not even a 5 minute warning.....just click and you booted. NOT much consideration for the customer there. Kinda, oh dam I have to run the maintenance program, who cares what all our players are doing...I HAVE to get this done today. A little consideration or prior announcement would go along way to those who just spent an hour preparing a base for a take and fighting off infiltrators.
  8. YeOldeSammich

Soe forgot to feed the server hamsters.
  9. Greyeagle

Somewhere a steam user is validating his files. Don't you guys ever learn?
  10. BlueWaffle

No word anywhere to be found.
  11. Astoral

Why the f**k do they p*55 around with the servers on a week-end???!!! At a time when most people get a chance to log on! Leave the freakin patches, etc until the middle of the night, week days - GMT - Not US times :)
  12. Dr.Bendover

You sir... Go **** yourself with a cactus!
    • Up x 2
  13. ArmedGoose

The problem is that it is actually NOT Saturday afternoon... well in SOE land that is.
    And unfortunately this is all that matters... :mad:
  14. Artunk

Yeah, WTF. I'm tired of this. I've been online for shutdowns 12 times, though 3 of those gave NO warning and 2 of those times only had a five minute warning. Most of the time I'm given a 15 minute warning, which is fine. 5 is really short and is barely acceptable unless it's emergency, though no warning, I've seen it way too often and it's in really poor taste.
  15. Deschain

I imagine it looked something like this :)

• Up x 2
  16. michigori

Lol servers go off line 5 sec ago and already someone rants his 4ss off... clearly no-lifers...
    They are stated as : MAINT
    But WHY? And WHY everyday!
  17. Marked4Death

18. Lex Striker

I believe that keeping the players informed and involved is very important in a game like PS2. To bring down the Servers without warning (unless there was a unforeseen crash) implies disrespect and arrogance, which I have seen so many times with gaming companies. Whatever the reason, a quick post as to why the Servers are down and an estimated time of return would be nice, and shows that the gaming company cares that they are impacting their players. It may seem silly, but it does wonders for PR by showing concern for the players. My time is important... as much as anyone else's. Respecting that shows a lot of class on the gaming company's part.
  19. gobbybobby

All MMOs get this. When I used to play EVE online, in the week after a major patch the server would sometimes randomly die and kick everyone, or come down for emergency downtime, with just 5 mins warning. And CCP ( EVE online dev) do extensive public testing of there content.

Stop complaining people,
    • Up x 2
  20. Techup

Would it be ironic if I came to you to have the pieces removed, Dr.?