Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. GaemOevr

Communicating to us the Roadmap info is appreciated. I also appreciate how open the devs have been to the community.
    But Optimization (and keeping us abreast of its progress) should be priority #1.
    Im afraid to continue to recommend this game until they make it more accessible to gamers who cant afford a high end rig.
  2. bishopau

@BossRiggs you may well be a friend of the devs but unfortunately the game in its current state is going to put those devs out of work rather quickly. Sure the game will drag on in some server reduced state but people have long memories and will disappear to play the next game thats set for release.

I know that the team is working hard to find the root cause but this type of game just has so many variables on the servers side that it may take quite some time to pin it down. If it was just a few of us having the stutters we would quickly work out that it was our anti-virus, firewall, ISP, type of ram, cpu or gpu. The facts are that it is happening on brand new machines through to those machines that are min specs or below.
  3. dr_Fell

He is not, because even the devs say, that they know, that the game is not optimised.
  4. Narq

6ms response? ..... pathetic ;)
  5. Narq

Perturbingly, my fps was quite acceptable until the latest patch. Now, at the most unexpected times (as in- not many others in my fov), my fps grinds to a juttering 5-10 fps. It never did that before. The latest "fix" broke my game, dude!

That being said, ps2 rocks. Keep on keepin' on.
    • Up x 2
  6. XRIST0

Its more than that in this case , i have spent over $4000 on my desktop and the game was running perfectly on ultra settings .

After the patch , the gameplay is broken . It does not matter what system you have or what combination of parts .

The game is broken .
    • Up x 5
  7. R0bH

At first, thank you Boss for your helpfull comments. Just got to say one thing - lol. You really make me smile but i think its enough know. You should better calm down. Thats not healthy. Btw nice zero tolerance attitude and huge ego. Just one hint, if you are the owner of Bossrigs or anyone who takes advantage of it - thats not good commercial.

For my part i got the same problem here. Before the patch came everything was fine and now fps dropped hard. For me it doesnt sound like my hardware got a problem, its software. I have to admit there are nice changes in gameplay so far but whatever they did to "optimize" failed. I hope there will be a sollution soon. Just to remeber - especially @Boss - this game is free to play. Means they only earn something with this game if it is played. So far my opinion.

My specs:

Dell XPS17
    intel coreI7 2720
    nVidia gt555m
    8gb Kingston HyperX
    • Up x 1
  8. perikorozo

It's true unfortunately :/ PS2 can randomly drop performance even to few fps on empty area.
  9. NaySayer

I was running ps2 pretty smooth before the patch. It was always at 50-70 fps in emptyish areas, 30-50 fps in crowded areas such as the crown. Now though... its damn near unplayable to me. Normal fps is 30-50 fps, and for no reason at all it'll drop to 10 and go back up to 50 most of the time. Also, I've noticed having the warpgate shield dome in your view from a distance drops me to 1-10 fps.

My rig:
    intel core i5 2400
    twin frozr iii gtx570 pe/oc
    8gb ddr3 mushkin silverline ram

I haven't a;tered my game graphics settings since the patch, which is everything on high with vsync on except shadows, flora, particle effects, these are on medium.
  10. DeViLoS

The latest patch has two major issues 1) was implemented during the weekend (yeah,thats stupid) 2)completely degraded the game fps. That is really annoying for me as customer who has purchased xp bonus+membersip in quite fluent game and now got this slideshow. I expect some relevant compensation once the fps is fixed (some decent xp boost or something or what could compensate my money loss and speak nothing of stress..lol ). Thx and Rgds.
    • Up x 2
  11. itchyfinger

I would say you haven't even begun, you have made the playing experience worse.
    How do i get my money back?

12. Bartkilu

The next person that says its our hardware... so help me.
    • Up x 1
  13. Katayamma

I'm having the same performance issues. Before the patch, my frame rate rarely fell below 50FPS. Now, I'm lucky to get over 50FPS in a simple zone, and when there's a lot happening, it drops to as low as 2-3 FPS. I've stopped using vehicles because the more you move around, the more the performance degrades. Even deploying to a new action site that's in a different environment can cause degradations in performance. Closing the app and re-opening it will temporarily fix it, but not always.

The performance is so bad that the group I play with have quit the game until they fix it. I want to do the same thing, but I'm in the middle of a 7 day exp boost and don't want to have wasted the money on that. Talk about annoying. I wonder if SOE will give us credits for purchased boosts?

Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7681
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16354MB RAM
    Page File: 4425MB used, 28279MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 570
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 4049 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1233 MB
    Shared Memory: 2815 MB
    • Up x 1
  14. Noobieness

Minimum System Requirements
    • OS - Windows XP
    • Processor
      - Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
    • Memory
      - 4 GB RAM
    • Hard Drive
      - 15 GB free
    • Video Memory
      - 256 MB RAM
    • Video Card
      - nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
    • Sound Card
      - DirectX compatible
    Make game run on the min requirements set by SoE.
  15. Cab00se187

The only difference in performance that I can see is on the initial load in. I used to load the game and it would be smooth right away, now it's about 2 seconds of chop then smoothness. 100+ fps at the warpgate down to 60+fps in huge battles. And I never had any of the lag/stutter that so many are complaining about.
  16. Prankster64

I on the other hand am having an absolutely dreadful time. I'm getting 0-10 fps stuttering, the entire world just evaporates and I get a stutter effect. I think I'm out of sync because I can just walk up on enemies and plink em in the head. Was fun for a minute to actually get a little payback for all of the glitches that left me a sitting duck but I only hand the heart to do it a couple of times.

I'm running an Intel Q8300 with 16G ram, And an ATI HD5700 video card. The game was a little slow on Friday, But since the patch I really cant play.
  17. VideoJack

I had (pre-patch) 50+ FPS (cpu) in most places, and 30+ FPS (cpu) in large battles.

Today I had the '50 fps to 10 fps to 50 fps back to 10 fps' stutter experience.

My hardware has not changed. I'm still running an i7 920, 12 gigs of ram, and the same 580gtx gpu. The game is still on a SSD.

It reminded me of EQ2, where if you were running around in one of the 'seamless' zones you'd have an invisible line where you would then load the new textures, which would cause some slight stuttering.

I also noticed something new. Before when I was driving a magrider, turns were no issue. Now when I turn... the fps drop slightly. I wonder if Sony tried 'only render what you see' versus the previous 'render everything around you'.
  18. ThunderStealer

wow, i took a month off looking forward to this patch that will optimize the hardware usage

guess ill go back to playing dota2 in the time being since it seems like this patch went backwards, and sent high end rigs crashing, very interesting
  19. teks

Do have some hope, not that the game will be optimized, but that the major FPS spikes should be fixed in the next day or so.

i haven't had the heart to play too much (sideshow), but it looked pretty clear to me the problem. Its AA mostly. When the game tries to render AA at a further distance (especially maxes) it kills FPS bad. When I have terrible FPS I can normally pinpoint a single AA max somewhere in the distance from the direction the stuttering happens. If I point away from an AA max its smooth again.

maybe this is a sign that optimizing the game engine needs to come before the proposed roadmap. Each addition just adds more strain to a engine that screams "Optimize me!"

I beg for you guys to set that crazy list of changes back until the game is ready for them. They are indeed great ideas but they are useless when noone can play. I even bought parts for a new computer but I'm on a budget here performance has to remain reasonable. Meanwhile others from my outfit have these great systems yet even they experience terrible shuddering. Even on low FPS I find this game fun, but shuddering makes this game an ordeal. I can't foresee this game withstanding another update which jeopardizes performance like this.
  20. CaliBased

x2 here. is there a remedy for this yet? so awful. loving the new prowler tho.