Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Jezs

Remedy is to play on the other continents where there is never more than 5 people in the same place, no performance hits there :p
  2. donpost

Not playing the game but I think it's safe to assume from these posts that the big optimisation patch we were promised no help? Bad optimisation is like the t*rd that won't flush for this game....

Please tell me they have at least managed to improve overall CPU usage from 45%?
  3. Xboxer

When you fix the problem with the game? it became impossible to play, FPS sags badly, this patch is not nothing but trouble brought. Why there is no information when they fix all this ugliness? Snipers in the night sight is no longer visible, but if you put the settings on minimum, they are white and do not notice them only blind!!!!
  4. Nimvalz

Using the 100% of your CPU is not as easy as you think, it's actually one of the hardest things to do in game coding since you CAN'T just split up the processes into multiple cores since some processes need to be done first, and this is particularly true for hexacores and octacores.
  5. heraks

This is a pice of **** not a game, i have PC for 2000 euro and i have 1-4 fps... Sony what's wrong with yours hands? return all back or fix it quickly. I dont want play in this ****. All my life i buying your productions and all time i was happy, now its something unbelievable.
    You said that this is your most successful project, but, in my opinion, is a successful only because there is no competition. I do not know how you work there, but as we say in Russia - all on face.
    • Up x 1
  6. donpost

BF3 is the best game I've come across for using all of the cores, and that manages 90%. So yeah, 100% isn't easy (or even possible?) , but we should be seeing a lot better than 45%!

I'll reinstall the game at the weekend and see if this patch has improved things.
    • Up x 1
  7. -=0v3rkill=-

i am completely fixed with this new hotfix that came out today. finally I get 50fps average through the entire game and not one stuttering. I was in battles and all. steady 50fps average at max everything in 1080p. Later I will test some more.
  8. -=0v3rkill=-

I am back from testing more and yes the stuttering is completely fixed for me. The fps did went as low as 25fps worst case scenario on a huge battle right now. But very good hotfix. it was smooth. Now all it needs its a bit more optimization towards the big battles.

Oh and before I forget I did experience weird lags...some people were annihilating others while they were teleporting all over the place. Grenades were taking for ever to explode and just weird things like that. Nothing graphical though. Graphics are almost perfect for me. Like I said just needs a little more tweaking for the big battles. thank you
  9. dr_Fell

I have to say - I was waiting for significant performance boost with GU2 (as it was intruduced as "performance" and optimization patch, work, that took months to do). Now, after release and 2 hotfixes I am disappointed. My FPS is higher, I guess, but in areas where it has already been high before GU2 - where there is no or only some other players. FPS in such conditions has never been a big problem for me.
    During large battles I experience... FPS drop.I tried it at the Crown, where I have 35+ FPS before patch. Even during 2xXP days it didn't went below 30. Yesterday it did. So I lost FPS where I mostly need it. I didn't try Amp Stations, but looking at the Crown - Amp Stations could be unplayable for me now.

If this is effect of long, hard work on optimization, that intended to bring better performance, I started to lose hope, that I will run this game smooth anyday. I know my configuration is not decent as of todays standard, but this game is using no more than 60% of my cpu (usage is a bit higher after the patch, FPS is not)

Could any of You tell me, if I am only one, that is experiencing worse FPS now in certain areas ?Is this really final version of the "performance patch" ?
  10. Jezs

Willing to bet the render distance changes simply counteracted any performance optimization they managed to accomplish.
    • Up x 1
  11. Toxicmix1

No problem here.
    In huge battles i have a minimum of 50-60 fps. My GPU is allways the botleneck in any condition.
    HAF 912 plus
    i5 3570k at 4.8ghz
    Asus maximus v gene
    Thermalright HR 02 macho
    Artic silver 5
    8gb gskill ram running at 2200mhz....9 10 9 27
    Msi gtx 560 ti 448 running at 950 core and 2200 memory
    Sandisk extreme 240gb SSD
    Corsair HX 650w
    Im running the game Max out at 1080p. Ultra in user file
  12. PaulRain

Toxicmix, which Nvidia drivers are you using?
  13. Toxicmix1

Im using the latest 313.90 driver. Honestly, i think the key thing in this game, is having a very good cpu.

I was running an i5 750 at 4ghz before, and even with that cpu, i was experiencing a botleneck. Now with my current cpu, my GPU is always at 99% under any condition. Im very happy right now.
  14. PaulRain

310.90 I guess
  15. Toxicmix1

yes...yes...im sorry....im using the 310.90 right now

Im going to try the 313.96
  16. Dotax

Two days later and they pushed a patch that fixed the issue. I made not a single adjustment to my configuration and once again it runs perfectly. You have been proven wrong and owe an apology. You also need to learn how computer applications run and proper roll-out procedures.

You are either ignorant or attempted to take money from people for your "services". Regardless, your intellect when confronting me was found to be lacking.
    • Up x 1
  17. Drahzar

The fps-stutter may have been fixed with the latest hotfix, but the fps ist still miserable => the GU2-performance improvements praised, seem to lie in the darkness of future (if even possible)
    • Up x 1
  18. Whoopster

The hotfix did a good job, still there is some stutter occasionly.
    Playing happely again.
  19. Wolvers

I wouldn't take that bet as I think you're spot on there. They maybe made some slight improvements to performance, but lost it in having to increase the draw distances to please those complaining of it.

At least there's a nice slider to tweak it to suit your system, the downside to which is that it's likely to hand a big advantage to those with super high spec PCs. SOE risk alienating a large portion of their player base with that one.

This game is certainly no where near being optimised yet. Until it is, I shall continue to play for free.
    • Up x 2
  20. teks

problem solved. Vehicles still a bit jittery. Thumbs up to the latest hotfix