Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Aztata

Thanks for responding.

Well I'm even more worried now..
    I tried what you asked, rebooted the pc 3 times every time changing the game conf. (from low to high). in the order: 25 to 34FPS -- 22 to 30FPS -- 16 to 25 FPS.

During every test, i looked at the average usage of the CPU and was very surprised to see that he was only using aound 15-20% at a stupid speed of 1.21Ghz (while it can go up to 3.8Ghz or more, didn't tried to overclocked it yet^^).

After each test on PS2, i launched a League of Legend solo game and got 30 FPS wich is ridiculous as i'm used to get more than 60+ (after 60FPS doesn't count in LoL).

So well i'm kinda disarmed. Is it possible that i may have lost some cores or a graphic card? Well i'm so lost here... Seems like the CPU and/or GPU are not here anymore...
  2. dr_Fell

So, You should know the answer now...
  3. husse

heh i am a vigilant and they failed this community :D
  4. Mesca

Since the patch it become unplayable because of "stuttering" and "fps begin to go up and down every few seconds"

On my computer IT IS DIRECTLY LINKED to the CPU load.
    The drop of FPS and stuttering appear exactly when the both core of my CPU are around 96% or more.
    Since the patch of 4,5Gg, the CPU load required seems bigger.

Core2Duo E8400
    GTX 550Ti
    8Gg Ram
    Win 7 64b
  5. Mesca

6. dr_Fell

The same for me. I also noticed, that cpu load is bigger. Despite of that FPS is worse, even without fps lags.
  7. Ravior

This last update (size: ~4,4 gb) sucked if there was anything about "optimization" in it. My framerate went from fluently in almost any situation to stuttering and unfluent rendering almost all the time. And whats that "Rendering distance" setting for? I dont see it affect anywhere when I change it from 6000 to 1000 and vice versa.

You failed bad there! This is your last warning! Your weapons will be locked if you continue this! ;)
  8. Tweakz

Since the patch it become unplayable because of "stuttering" and "fps begin to go up and down every few seconds.

Same problem here. Ill try to get my Station Cash back and waste it for something else. To tiered of waiting to get this game out of BETA state.

GG SOE!
  9. GhostWalking

I did not see any kind of optimization in this patch.
    In fact, is dropping more fps than before.
  10. OmegaProx

After v2 and the hotfix I get 6fps at some points... It worked fine before v2 and now its broken. About 50 -70 fps all settings maxed out. And what kind of people that have the mindset do such a major update at a Saturday morning ffs... Why couldnt you have fcked up our Monday or Tuesday

2600K @ 4800mhz -ASUS MAXIMUS V FORMULA -Palit GTX 670 Jestream - G.SKILL F3-1600C9D-16GXM 16GB (2X8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHZ RIPJAWSX DUAL CHANNEL KIT - CoolerMaster Stacker Black + ENERMAX INFINITI 720W - OClabs MB-06 + Black Ice Pro 2 + Swiftech MCP655 - Samsung 840 Pro 2x 120GB SSDs Raid 0 - LG M2762D - Logitech G15 + G9x
    • Up x 1
  11. Ulricht

I was running near 25fps in large battle before the patch now it's 8 fps everywhere. I can't play even with all the graphics in low.
    • Up x 1
  12. muppetfromhell

before patch with everything on low 50 -70 fps in warpgate, 25-30 in big battles never ever seen [CPU] limit, only [GPU]. Now when there are 12 people in front of me i got 0-15 fps and [CPU]

gj! I hope the next patch will be at least as good as this one is in terms of optimization ofcourse becouse rest works perfectly. My favourite feature is the new turrets and vanguard ammo. GJ, really...
    • Up x 1
  13. DeathResponse

Same here. FPS drops about 60-80%. For real your patch isnt that bad but the gpu optimization is an epic fail
    • Up x 1
  14. PerryRhodan

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  15. catgirl69

i dont see how the fps counter in the game says its cpu limited when the game only takes 25% at the most
    • Up x 1
  16. -=0v3rkill=-

if I were you I would go into your bios and turn off any boosters or auto clocking you might have. set it manually at 3.8GHz with the default voltage. Trust me dude and also ask any1, nothing bad is going to happen. I don't trust those auto clocking features at all. Also get your self the MSI afterburner for your video card. Don't worry it doesn't matter it's MSI. I only use XFX video cards and I always have MSI turned on with it. It's for all brands. Anyway, when you get it force your video card to stay in one clock speed, its maximum. This is all very simple. I am telling you to do this because before becoming an AMD user I was an NVidia user for a long time and one of the problems I use to have with my 285GTX in the old days is that it wouldn't jump properly from phase 1 to phase 2. We need to rule out any problems. Let me know how it goes. Oh and get your self cpuid and gpu-z in order to record your system's behavior
  17. Headslinger

Unfortunetly the HUGE feb 2 patch was a giant leap backward as far as playablility, and I was playing perfect feb 1. I was getting 130+ fps using dual gtx 550ti on a 55" LG now I feel as tho I have been relagated to a LOW spec PC which it isn't. The voice and FPS are so choppy now its unplayable for the most part. Seems to start ok then goes crazy. Seems to me last I saw this was because the program was causing a memory leak. I updated all drivers or repaired to make sure wasn't me. I can play any other game just fine ,but this game has gone to unplayable. I can get in just short bursts of play time. My specs are asus MB 16 gig of ram dual nvidia cards running in sli on windows 7 64 bit amd 975 quad. If you can't run this game on that something is wrong in the code. While FPS will jump it won't drop to 18 then to 50 and sound won't be choppy and other games run fine. I should also say that I was running this game on high before patch now have switch to low. Funny part is doesn't matter same result, same FPS.
    • Up x 1
  18. Esraem

Mine was running fine before the patch. Now the game shudders horribly. I have a new pc coming but this is what I have now. Mind you I was running around 20 - 30 fps on low settings , render 80 and render dist. 2000.

Core2Duo 8500 3.4ghz
    GeForce 9800GT
    6gb RAM
    • Up x 1
  19. Bartkilu

yea, understand completely, but im just supposed to "check back later" how about you pause my subscription then so im not paying to wait around... and i dont have to cancel and start building up my bonus % again? i was earning 100 certs a day, now im LUCKY to get 5 cause i cant even have people on my screen anymore. Its like watching a slide show of an awesome game. Ran FINE before the patch. i had everything maxed out and even had my render distance buffed. now everything is low and im on a 1k render distance with horrible frame rates. Im all for waiting but i really dont wanna pay-to-wait and get screwed when i cancel-to-wait
    • Up x 1
  20. Fotis

I hope the devs have dropped all and any other task and now are fixing this, because tunnels or not, I was an enthousiastic player before this patch and now look at me. Typing text in a forum instead of nailing headshots. I guess I was used to my crappy 25~30 fps and now I found it impossible at 2~12 fps..
    • Up x 1