The new color system is confusing.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RedCat, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Sliced

I have never bothered with the colours before, so it doesn't bother me.
    To be honest why does it matter what enemy is at the base with you?
    Im friendly, my team is friendly and the world is my enemy. One colour for us, one colour for them.
    Ok, you can't say TR or VS is caturing a base but again, does it matter? All that matters is they are the enemy. You go in and kill the player and take back what is yours.

I couldn't care if the intire world turned pink with purple dots, as long as I can see them then it's not a bother.
  2. Zopp

this new colour system doesn't not work well playing as TR.
    We need options to set minimap colours and name text/tags independently for it to work.
  3. Eclipson

The issue is that you cant change base icons and player icons separately. This is very bad for TR. If you make TR red, then the player icons AND the base icons are red, making me shot my teammate more often. If I make TR blue, then I think that are capture points have been captured by the New Conglomerate etc. Its horrid atm.
    • Up x 2
  4. NanoBitSplit

You're not a very good player, are you?

It matters quite a bit for three-way fights. Your priority target should always be the empire with the most influence, capture points, or capture progress, depending on the situation. Attacking the empire with less power only hurts your own fight against the one currently dominating- a temporary example of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."
    • Up x 1
  5. sunflight

Troll? Any half decent commander knows that you absolutely must be able to distinguish from two separate enemy forces for strategic reasons. This is silly.

@ thread

No complaints here in Space 'Merica but please do help our communist friends sort their maps out
  6. Talizzar

I like the concept of being able to have more choices in the colors. The implementation is poor. We need to know who is taking what. Enemies need to be in red. I would like to see user customized squad colors.

I do like having the Squad and Platoon leaders have a star next to them.

They should have left everyone with the way it was and not forced us onto a new system without being able to revert back to original color scheme.

What is with the map and all these silly blips? I can guarantee you that all those blips are killing your servers.
  7. Talizzar

My primary target is the enemy in front of me. Both of them are going to gun me down. I need to know who the enemy as fast as possible. I really don't care which faction they are on.
  8. NanoBitSplit

You can control which target is in front of you. Look at the map and figure out where the enemy is most likely going to be coming from, or look at the capture points and decide which one is more of a threat.

Your signature is very ironic.
  9. Sliced

I would say I'm an ok player, but even I understand the basic rules.
    3 teams, it doesn't matter which enemy is winning you are losing.
    You need to take both out to win. You can either take out the strongest and give the weaker team time to recover or totally dominate the weakest team then focus everything on the next team.
    Either way you need to fight both, it doesn't matter what team you choose first.
  10. Beltway

I personally don't see what all the ******** is about. I turn both vanu and NC red to identify them as enemies. I also turn my own faction black. It is MUCH easier to tell what's what and who is who now than it was previously.
    • Up x 1
  11. haldolium

It takes you people a week at maximum to get used to any new color system. Just give it a day or two and your mind will automatically adapt...

I too found it confusing just now, but I see the many many pros of it. I'm finally able to distinct the NC properly from my own team. Something TR only players may never encountered, but it could've been a pain in the *** in certain situations.
  12. Kvakva

why did they have to "fix" this? It wasn't broken.
    I would like to have the old colors back. Right now its confusing as hell to tell who is taking the point.
  13. RedCat

Sure, we'll adapt. However, it still won't make sense.
  14. RedCat

That is what I am wondering, it was not broken in the first place. The only problem was squad colors (specifically alpha and bravo looking to similar), and a colorblind option was needed, not this.
  15. ScarHunter

I tweet higby to at the very least let us set the cap point colors....no response of course. I agree with you guys they should have left us an option to keep the colors the way they were. Heck the only color change that was needed was alpha and delta squads(could never tell them apart)
  16. Cryless

please give us the option to choose the old color system and stop doing so many changes to this game because u are ruining it!
    • Up x 1
  17. Wendigo Metalwolf

What I don't get most is when they already added option to change the empire colours why you can't change squad colours as well? You can't have vanu purple because you'll mistake them with charlie, you can't have them green because then you'd mistake them with Alfa either alright let's make the alies blue, means you need another colour for NC so what about yellow... except you'll mistake them with Bravo now... alright let's make enemies blue and red and alies netural black... oh wait. Well you can still use lighter shades to make the difference right? Of course then the map markers for vehicles turn into hardly to tell apart bright spots because of the white outlines.

Seems to me we are missing the eight colour of the rainbow to get this working...
  18. Shadoe

The only reason people couldn't tell the difference between squad colors or nc/vs colors is either color blindness or ****** monitors which have horrible color accuracy. Other than that, I do agree that If you give the option to change hud colors then give the option to change every color in the game. Otherwise its just a big confusing nightmare. For the time being im glad im NC.
  19. John Doe

I too feel that the new color scheme is confusing. I want the capture points to be colored by empire, but when I tried that I ended up shooting my own teammates.

The warpgate rotation didn't help matters. Why the hell would you make weapon & UI changes and rotate the gates at once? How can you get any good data like that?
  20. Diamond Sword

Seems like you didn't think about what you were doing before you changed the settings. Charlie squad is purple. Always. You're not changing SQUAD COLORS, you're changing FACTION COLORS. So if you make a faction the same shade of purple as Charlie, you're gonna have a bad time.

The simple solution, to those who want to go back to what it was before this update, would be to set YOUR faction to blue, and both enemy factions to RED.

I am upset only that these HUD color changes only apply to terms, bases, and IFF markers. I was really hoping we'd be able to customize crosshair colors, too. Flying with a sky blue crosshair is dumb. Being infantry with a thin, white crosshair is dumb.