Woodman - Players frozen in position but I can move freely??

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by bogroll, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Llyd_ApDicta

Ermm... Have you been drinking... Ye know being new year and all...

Well, anyway, luckily the torture guys passed out after they were done with the prosi tutes (whatever that is...) and I managed to get the CORRECT link (please let it work)

I actually broke my vow to never, ever, ever upload a video to youtube for this. Look at what you make me do, SOE! Look at me, dammit!!
  2. gmail

I'm having the same trouble on Cobalt. when I was disconnected from the server, then when I logged back in everything was frozen in place. My friend could still see me moving and when I shot one of the frozen characters, they took damage. I tried again when I got back home and I still have the same problem.
  3. Lazaruz

I have noticed a similar issue on Ceres (EU). An increase of latency/desync, that manifests itself by frozen players, weird animations, turrets and generators seemingly repairing themselves, etc. I can still interact with players and objects when this is happening.

First time I noticed this was yesterday, and I thought it was just me.
  4. Joe-H2O

This is happening to a friend of mine and I too on Ceres (EU) on my NC character.

Had some DC errors, but was able to log back in ok. Then had a problem with not being able to log in at all. That seemed to go away, but then warped to Esamir to practice flying around the quiet warpgate and we both get the frozen players bug.

I can interact with terminals, shoot and kill frozen players, and fly all around the world etc. I can even cap control points etc, but everyone else in the world is frozen.

This is not my machine or ISP - other games and VOIP services work just fine.

I guess I will make a new character to test if it is related to just one toon.
  5. Joe-H2O

I can't edit my last post, but I made a new character to test out the lag problem. Same server, same faction, and he works just fine. Dropped into a fight, vehicles move, other players move etc.

Logged out then immediately went back to main character and deployed into a fight and we have the same problem - people running in the sky, engineers repairing vehicles from 100 metres away (with healing beam crossing that distance) etc.

So, it's clearly confined to my main character only (Ermentrude, NC, Ceres EU). How infuriating.

What is the best way to fix this?
  6. Lazaruz

Made a new character on Helios (US) server, played almost 2 hours and it works fine. Odd to say the least.
    Hopefully this issue, whatever it is, gets resolved as soon as possible.

Off topic: Got hackusated during my first 5 kills, made me feel really welcomed...
  7. bogroll

Friendly bump for us who can't play at all. Llyd - thanks for the working vid!!! .. glad you could wriggle free.

Am by no means angry at the Devs with this -sh*t just happens after all and it is the New Year. Like to hear just one Dev say it's being looked at though. Even from the cleaner at SOE ?? :)
  8. LiTo_SE

33 hours and counting without the ability to play.
  9. gmail

my connection is good.

This Problem exists now since ~12h for me.Relogging and stuff doesn't change anything.My other chars on different servers seem to work fine.
    same i can do another character on same server and its all ok again but i dont wanna loose all my updates.
    Experiencing this "ghost world" phenomenon on Cobalt (EU) aswell.Everybody is standing still or running in place, aircrafts hanging in the air and vehicles not moving.
    I can hear infantry callouts and vehicle/aircraft engines as they are actually driving/flying around. Everything works fine when switching to another server.
    It started a few hours ago after I suddenly got booted to the main menu with the message "You have been disconnected from the server". I can move about freely, interact with objects (fe repair generators), but I only see players and vehicles standing still where they spawned, and get shot to death by enemies I cannot see or hear the movement of. I have tried relogging several times, and validating game files.
  10. namd3

Seriously bad customer service, common sort it out.
  11. Na0cry

24 hours now. My booster is running and running... Come on SOE. Do something!!

Char: Naocry
    Server: Woodman
  12. LiTo_SE

38 hours and counting with frozen characters. Time is ticking on the xp boosts and if I havent forgotten they cost money.
  13. Shypa

Problem still exists.

Booster is still running :(
  14. Carrion

Same problem here, playing on Woodman. It started a now 2 days ago after I logged out around 4 am.

I can move about freely, interact with objects (f.e. repair generators), but I only see players and vehicles standing still where they spawned, and get shot to death by enemies I cannot see, sometimes when I see the enemy/friends they walk in the air etc.

I have tried relogging several times, I tried to create a new character and that one worked fine but when logging back to my main (Br30) it was back to not working again.

I have also tried to update all drivers even tried to log in via a friends computer and it still did not work.

This must be a server issue maybe a server charcter cache on your ID/Name.
    I have reported this to support 2 days ago but still no reply from support, I have payed for the premium stuff and bought some station cash for my character, some say just say create a new charcter but I have put money into this and since weapons unlocked with SOE cash is locked to this character and cant be used on newly created.

Please get this sorted NOW!

Cheers
  15. namd3

some Woodman (EU) video footage i took 18:20 today
  16. Na0cry

Now i even cant logging in with my bugged character...
  17. LiTo_SE

40 hours and counting without the ability to play my character.
  18. FIRETRUCK

Well, it looks like SOE's little hamster is getting really tired. I think hes about to fall off the wheel any minute now.
    Getting stuck on the "Logging in..." screen on all character, different servers.

Please SOE, give your poor little hamster a break will ya.
  19. LiTo_SE

This will probably not be fixed until they get to work tomorrow. Not enough people affected by this problem for them to make it a priority.

20. namd3

crazy vehicle stacking in tower