Woodman - Players frozen in position but I can move freely??

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by bogroll, Dec 30, 2012.

1. LiTo_SE

I just re-installed the game and the problem persists.
  2. namd3

The server is broken,
    Dev team are off for a game available 24/7 365 days a year, there's no one looking after the servers correctly during a busy holiday period.

Thats not how you treat your customers, someone should be available 24/7 monitoring the health of the server, to have no one on call for what seems like a week, is very bad

Great start to the year SoE, lets have a new years promise that this will not happen again...

I can only imagine amount of false hack reports coming in because the server is borked
  3. IshanDeston

Hardly false reports. If you go out and kill people you are exploiting a bug. Exploiting is a reportable offense.
  4. Indalecio

And what can we do if people are killing us and we cant see them?Report them too?They exploit a bug also,they just dont know it.
  5. IshanDeston

Log out. Wait for Fix.
  6. Lazaruz

Just thinking about how much value I'm getting for my money with this prolonged situation. Brings a smile to my face...
    Thank goodness it's almost 8am dev time and it's a working day (I hope).
  7. Indalecio

Nope

Thats not a solution for me.If they bring the servers down to fix the issue only then i will log out :)
    Its not exploiting a bug for me when i just log in to play.Also i get more deaths than kills since invinsible enemies kill me.
  8. IshanDeston

Enjoy your justified reports and expect a ban for exploiting a bug. I however wish you best of luck of it not happening, although i couldn't care less. Its not my account :)
  9. Indalecio

sure sure
  10. bogroll

Well the other night, realising that this wasn't going to get fixed anytime soon, me and some random VS were on Esamir / Woodman where there was simply zero enemy presence. Made the best of the situation and got my self 200 odd certs capping our way through the continent. Only met one NC and he shot me dead (whilst he was frozen in space).
  11. namd3

The game corruption is persistent, no one caused the problem to get the advantage, no one is getting banned over this lol.
  12. Spiritualised

one of the admins P7s1StrangeV over on planetside 2.eu has a temporary fix that works for some. Unfortunately it didnt work for me but there seems to be mixed results. Good luck
    Afternoon troops!

At ease.

The issue persists, however we MAY have found a way around it in the meantime:

Clearing your game cache should be the solution to your problem:

Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

I'm sorry to say, this works for some, but not others. If it works, let me know on here. If it doesn't then get in touch with us on the support links and we can gauge the ratio of success to failure and better determine the root cause of what is going on.

SV.

Original post
    http://en.planetside2.eu/forum/global/-attention-character-desync-t537770.html

13. Na0cry

My character is bugged for 48 h now. My booster is ticking so i REALLY want a answer from SOE. I've payed for a 7 day booster and 2 days are gone. So can i get my money back or are you fixing this problem NOW?
  14. Vultraz

Does anyone realise that when you kill people in "ghost mode" you don't actually kill them server-side? This is caused when the server stops transmitting (sometimes certain) information suddenly to the client, and it isn't exploitable in any way.
  15. SiXeX

Just adding my voice to the chorus:
    Char: SiXeX
    Server: Woodman (EU)

Was playing and got disconnected from the server around 30/31 dec. Log back in, player positions do not update, I can still run around and kill things and die to invisible non-updating enemies. Obviously playing on a 'ghost' server isn't fun, so i'm patiently waiting for a fix... please :'( Boost is ticking away, days of delicious double xp missed :'(.
    The issue is specific to this character for me, I can create new characters on Woodman (and other servers) and they play as normal.

Just to add: I've tried a full reinstall of PS2- didn't fix.
  16. weazle

Tried the fix, didn't work, client won't launch now (error G99).

As for people not dieing in ghost mode; i got fed up with this **** last night and decided to play anyway, and there've been several instances where i was getting shot from behind by an ESF that was locked in place in front of me on my screen, after shooting down the frozen ESF, i would immediatly stop getting hit from behind. Also; certs were awarded for the kills, i'm quite sure this is ruining the game for alot more people that just the ones directly affected by this bug.
  17. Spiritualised

Dont worry about the G99 theyve taken the servers down .....lets hope its a real fix
  18. LiTo_SE

62 hours and servers are finally restarted. Wonder how long it will take for them to refund the 50% xp boosts.
  19. Spiritualised

Issues for me now seem fixed...time will tell
  20. SiXeX

Issue seems to be fixed for me now. Just required a server restart?