Woodman - Players frozen in position but I can move freely??

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by bogroll, Dec 30, 2012.

1. FIRETRUCK

The recent server maintenance to remove double experience (which I guess included a server-restart) have solved the "Ghost World" phenomenon for me.
  2. Sulfion

Well I seem to be unfrozen. I did the fix before logging in so it could have been that or a server restart may have fixed it but either way whoohoo!
  3. bogroll

Fixed for me.. hope I get at least a partial refund!
  4. Shypa

Char now stuck in login screen. looks like SOE has less skill than a noname developer.
  5. namd3

Problem fixed for me, since server restart
  6. Llyd_ApDicta

Yep, fixed for me.
  7. bogroll

For the people who lost a chunk of their game booster time - have you asked for a partial refund? Got a ticket reply asking me (belatedly) to apply the above fix (empty the cache), inferring that it was somehow a clientside problem, when as we know it was a server restart that did it.

I would be very disinclined to ever buy a booster again if SOE try to pin the blame on me and not their servers, solely because they don't want to reimburse me
  8. LiTo_SE

Whats the status on refund for the 60 hours lost booster time?
  9. bogroll

I replied to them asking for a refund a few hours ago -- wait and see.
  10. weazle

Got the same reaction, What has me amazed the most is the fact that SOE seems to think it would be possible to create game-breaking bugs like this by modifying/"corrupting" files client side..

Also, most of the files they asked us to re-validate are files that as far as i can tell work across the entire client, and aren't character specific, how those files could cause the issue to arrise on 1 character and not on the rest is a miracle to me.

Let's see how they handle the reimbursement.
  11. weazle

Impressed by the quick response:

Response Via Email (TSR xxxx) 01/04/2013 08:11 AM
    Greetings xxxx,

I do apologize, but since I was able to login to your character just fine on our side (I did try multiple Computers), it proved that there was no issue with the server character relation, and it was on your particular client. The reason might have been that your character files, when uploaded to the servers, were corrupt, which then made the servers try and correct the issue with your client, which then caused this issue. The issue might have also been that the double XP boost, was messing with your character/client profile being uploaded to the servers. Basically, it was not the servers, but most likely the relationship between the servers and your client, which was corrected with the server restart. As for the double XP boots, I am going to send this to the in-game team, and they will see if they can do anything. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know.

Regards,
    TSR xxxx

Suprised they keep pointing at the players.., but at least they're looking at the reimbursement, guess we'll see how that plays out.
  12. Soylent

I've encountered this a few times on Ceres. Oh well, free kills, I'm not going to complain about it.
  13. bogroll

Some suit refused to reimburse the booster I partially lost. I think we all know that it was a server side problem while they were away. I'll never ever buy anything again for PS2 if that's their policy - blame the little guy.

K .. now onto Reddit etc and spread the word.
  14. weazle

Yea, odd thing is i installed a fresh client on my laptop to test, on which i experienced the same issues i did on my desktop.
    Appearantly the mass disconnect after which the issue started, caused my IP to be flagged to download corrupted client files for my main character until the server was rebooted..

*edit*
    Mad props for the response time SOE customer support:
    Just got reimbursed, I'd say you should open that ticket again bogroll.
  15. bogroll

Got reimbursed as well so thank you SOE........ !!!!!:)