MAP FREEZ SOLVED!!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Unnger, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Nihla

there tmp files are in the videos folder too btw.

true happening to me too.
  2. Artorius

Thx, this fix solved the map freeze problem for me.
  3. RazerKilll

SOE.: Ok, from what I see, there is no indication that PlanetSide 2 is creating the temporary files on your system. However, I do notice that you have PlanetSide 2 on a separate hard drive that does not share the drive with the operating system and can definitely cause some performance issues. I also noticed that you may be running a raid setup with your C: drive, is this correct?

me: that is correct

but if planetside aint the one creating the files why does the issue happen to 40+ ppl then?

SOE : They may have similar setups like your own. However, from the information you provided, the temporary files do not indicate they are from any particular piece of software but can cause overall performance issues for your PC due to the low open disk space available and possibly from the raid setup you have.

me : hmm interesting

SOE : Currently, from what I can see, the main issue with PlanetSide 2 directly that would cause a performance issue would be the current installation location as it is trying to transfer data between two drives and can also cause syncing issues.

me : oke ill ask the forums if they have the same installation as me

so the question is the windows installation on the same drive as ps?
  4. Unnger

win on Drive G and PS2 on Drive E
  5. RazerKilll

what i just did is make a simple batch file del *.tmp in the C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Pictures (win 7)
    that i run when im done playing
  6. Kitsune94

Sorry for the typo in my sentence. I speed type into many terminals at the same time. On my keyboard 'b' and 'n' are quite close together.
  7. SaitoSAC

I just checked my MYPICTURES and hey, 65.000 (!!!) tmp files.

How is this possible? What is SOE thinking and why do I need to check the forum for a solution?
  8. RazerKilll

SOE said to me thats its not cos of ps but cos of the installation location aint on the same disk as my windows drive
  9. D0gSoldi3r

i see no folders inside the directory that relates to PlanetSide in anyway !!!
    C:\Users\<username>\My Pictures\

Nothing in my pictures folder...
  10. DumarDomar

I got the issue with the TMP files and PS2 its currently in my main drive (the one with the OS, C if you like it)
    Of course I got this particular hard drive divided in 4 (Win, Fat32, Linux, SwapLinux).
    I still fail to see how PS2 gets affected if I got 2 or 20 different hard drives/partitions/etc

They seriously need to look at their code
  11. MXXVI

Windows XP, SP3...I see no files.
  12. Edelhonk

What a ******** from SOE support...the files are clearly created by PS2.
    Every Action on the map (zooming, moving your view arround) makes the program creating the .tmp files.
    Play PS2 in a window and open your "My Pictures" Folder and you can see that this files are created in the same moment you move your view over the map or zoom everytime you zoom in or out ~40 .tmp files are created...moving the map creates arround 20)

And it has nothing to do where you installed PS 2. A lot of ppl with the same problem have PS2 on the same disk and partition as there OS. And its a new bug...it happend the first time after the 12/12 patch. I never had this issue before.
  13. DumarDomar

The worst thing about this is that the people affected with this will not suffer from it until they hit the limit mark. The more you play the much faster you will get affected.
    Also this is a BUMP so SOE can look it up and specially people can look it up.
  14. Axe780

wow thats ********
  15. RazerKilll

ye.. i also think its hard to believe thats its not the games problem.
    the pic folder streams full of the temp files.
    i had about 3500 after playing for 2 hours.
  16. Sch3v

bump. deleting the files works but that is only a temporary solution. it sucks too delete 5.000 files after every game session...
  17. lonesome killer

I checked my folders and don't have any temp files. I'm running Windows 7 with 2 harddrives. My game is installed on the OS harddrive.
  18. TheCuqui

Windows XP HOME SP3 with latest mandatory win xp updates (i.e. .NET extra bloatware not installed)
    PlanetSide 2 installed in Steam folder in C:
    Win XP installed in C:

Hundreds of empty tmp files being created in "My Pictures" folder everytime I play Planetside 2.
    2 just when rebooting the game
    3 when opening the map
    36 when zooming
    etc..
  19. Cl1mh4224rd

This is definitely not true. It's not true in all situations, at least. I have PlanetSide 2 installed to not only a different partition, but a different physical drive. I don't experience this problem.
  20. TomaHawk

w.....t.....f..... ????

This has nothing to do with the game locking up since patch, does it? I am on W7 64-bit.