Can we wipe the stats of cheaters/padders?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terraphon

Most times I just want to throw grenades at BuzzCut...In this case, though, I'm going to agree with him. Wipe all their stats and certs and xp and make them start from scratch.
    • Up x 1
  2. Natir

/facepalm
  3. Quake

I concur, double facepalm.
  4. Jourmand1r

They need to ban DVSDelrith (aka The Everlasting Snowmew) before they can wipe his obviously padded stats.

Dude has killed 6k+ Tr medics and like 700 VS medics.
  5. mow

i agree not a fan but when your right your right.
    • Up x 1
  6. chows

Makes perfect sense to me for this to happen
  7. TriumphOfMan

Smed from Reddit. No innocents being banned, wipe em.
  8. BuzzCutPsycho

Seems like a lot of people can get behind this. Like I said it's only fair. Wipe their stats and let's call it a day.

They don't need to be banned but they were banned for a reason. They are not innocent. I can support giving them a second chance but I do not support them keeping the stats they unfairly "earned" - It's only fair.
  9. Underbalance

I think everything from the cheaters should be wiped. The stats of the cheaters first.
  10. Natir

Wipe their stats, wipe their certs, done and done.

Or give them a full rollback to right before they stat padded, exploited, etc. If they exploited via a different account, wipe it all as they were trying to be sneaky and lost.
  11. DrakeDude

scumbag stat padders
    buzz #1
  12. Elthis

I agree with and support this post completely.
  13. Aidoboy

*Highfive to the OP for spotting this*
  14. Kiekeboe

Totally agree with it!.
    If SOE doesn't remove there Stats and everything they earned (Certs) by using these methods, they are just saying: *Go ahead do this, we will just give you a tap on the hand and you can keep everything*. Everyone will be doing this if nothing happens about it.
  15. BuzzCutPsycho

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate the support! <3
  16. ANGER MANAGMENT BEAR

you really don't need to thank all the outfit members you asked to support the thread
  17. xpsyclosarinx

I'm confused...

People who hack still get to keep their accounts active? Are you ******* kidding me?

Also why would a stat wipe be a good thing, they'll keep hacking but will just let themselves die every now and then to not look suss.
  18. McFatal

It's not just about leaderboards but I will talk on that anyway. People do care about it, it's in the game because some people do like it. People in the top 100 usually like seeing their name on the leaderboard, I was in the top 30 on West US during beta, I loved seeing my name on the leaderboard.

Now, for what really matters, certs. People like Buzz, and myself, have paid for weapons and/or worked for them with certs. The people that were banned and unbanned cheated to boost their stats, INCLUDING CERTS, so basically as Buzz said, letting these people go unscathed for their cheating scumbag actions says it's okay to cheat and get free certs and undermine people who actually paid money and worked for the items they have in the game. If it's okay to cheat and get items, what's the point of paying for them? That's the message that is the problem.

Also Buzz is right, if they only banned based on report Buzz would have been banned ages ago, he's easily got a lot of people reporting him just for sitting in the #1 spot in the world. So SOE banning based purely on reports is irrefutably wrong.
  19. Lolla

they banned Dvs delrith during exp weekend i was in his outfit but it was for like 12 hour. he got unbanned fpretty sure he was exploiting something.
    There was thread about this that he got banned. that thread also got deleted.

Soc unbanned him dvs dilrith because he got friend works for soc...or sometihng

I
  20. Tecnotronics

Yeah, the game is supposed to be free to play, with micro transactions for convenience.

With the stance of 'cheat to win' being accepted, it's not like the spirit of SoE. Maybe Smedley has been such a nice guy for a long time, so he's going soft in the holiday season to unban patters (padders I learned, but I heard patters since they pat each other while cheating). Instead of being convenient, a go home and battle on some Planetside 2 on your PC game, it's a huge inconvenience to go home and try to cheat.

It's not like asking for people to be anyone but themselves as all are welcome to play, but if they break the rules their data has to be purged (it's like stealing money from SoE, doubly so from punishing real players who battle in the same area). Since the guys who do cheat/padding amongst themselves are unbanned almost immediately, I can't really be bothered to play or buy more. I could log in right now, and probably find a tech plant defense farm from the cheaters, or another DVS (for example) member hacking elsewhere on a base. It's like I'd have to cheat myself for hours and hours, just to battle with them bots. Inconvenient.

This is beyond silly in itself, I don't even want to play with or against them. Wipe out the stats, and they will turn into online santas later, coming back ready to share with the community some awesome gaming if they got the skills.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.