Can we wipe the stats of cheaters/padders?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fortress

Ahahahah who am I kidding.

Continue with your witchhunt, and may you be so blessed so as to ban all who are better than you.
  2. BuzzCutPsycho

If SOE is willing to unban shady players, known stat padders, and known exploiters from PS1 without wiping their unearned stats I'm going to be very, very worried.
  3. ScourgeOfTheServer

Listen for a moment please BuzzCut. I have immense respect for your skill as a player and for your Outfit. I couldn't beat you even once in a one on one infantry firefight during the beta. But you are making statements based on facts that have already been proven to be not true.

Even long before this debacle, there was already definitive proof that SOE has banned legitimate players. In Planetside 1 they had banned people for triggering their hack detection systems when they experienced lag. All of the players who fell victim to this supposed cheat detection were unbanned.

Many of the players in question on the leaderboard have already been unbanned. We are merely repeating history.

I completely agree with you, that there are an uncomfortable amount of obvious hackers and stats padders on the leaderboards. But as a player who has been wrongly banned multiple times, and gone through many lengthy appeal processes to keep my name in good standing, I have concerns.

As a fellow competitive player, I ask you to consider these issues. I would never wish a false banning upon your name, and as a player interested in building a skill based game, I would hope that you would never wish a false banning upon anyone else.
    • Up x 1
  4. trueanimescholar

5. Wobberjockey

have you seen what a2g rockets can do to massed infantry?
    and it sure doesn't help that the majority of players have no idea what a burster is used for,
  6. Phaze

Stat padding should be pretty obvious.

If it wasn't directly observed by SOE reps - then SOE surely has stats to show farmed alts and the people that farm them.

100% they should have their stats wiped... I'd also wipe anything they purchsed with certs, too.
  7. Dis

Stats in PS2...lulz.

Most kills = most time played.
    Highest kdr = most time vehicle farming.

Who freaking cares.
    • Up x 2
  8. Akrasjel

Good point. Do et
  9. Kon

i skipped most of these posts as i don't see anything wrong with stat padding, if your stupid enough to keep running out to be farmed then its not their fault its yours, no rule stating they have to destroy the ams they can sit there all day and keep killing you till they break your spirit and spawn somewhere else.

i do believe that the leaderboard needs to be reworked as a player who joins now who could be the best player in the world better than everyone by a long shot, wont ever have a chance to get to the top of the leader-boards ( default sorting) because he only started now and is 10K kills and 200k behind in score, the default sorting on the leader-board needs to be score per tick ( the tick of resources) at least then good players will still be on top and new players can at least register on the boards.
  10. Giggily

Unfortunately SOE has demonstrated in the past that the'yre willing to unban worthless people if the community whines about it enough, as I'm sure you know.
  11. superfluous

unbanned players = cheaters?

not sure i follow how this works, can anyone bring me up to speed?
  12. gunshooter

Since SOE seems to be banning people (at least temporaily) purely based off of volume of /reports, I suggest we all /report Buzzcutpsycho and see what he posts here when he finds himself unjustly banned.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kakarot

exactly, the penalty isn't harsh enough for stats padder to stop what they are doing. Ban then let them keep their stats, doesnt make sense, do botters get to keep their loot after a time suspension?
  14. CaptainCareful

I've got thousands of kills and hundreds of deaths, right now my KD is like 5 or so. I'm legit? Not everyone in this game is armless, some people can actually play.
  15. Fuse

They're probably going to wait to make sure the bans are all legit before they go deleting stats. Whether or not any of the bans should be lifted isn't up to me as I don't have access to the kind of data SOE does, but I believe everyone should have their case heard as mistakes do happen. (Everyone does not include people who were detected running known cheats. If you are detected running a cheat that's pretty definitive evidence.)
  16. Natir

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=DVSDelrith

Perfect example of someone padding their stats. Having people make dummy accounts as TR Medics to farm them over and over and over. I don't think people really care that people like this, or people purposely throttling their bandwidth so they warp around are getting unbanned. I think it comes to the fact that it seems like they just got away with violating the TOS with nothing more than a very slight slap on the wrist.

If someone is going to do some stat padding, which is against the PS2 Code of Conduct, there has to be repercussions for their actions. They need a rollback of all those kills and points or wipe their stats (certs included). Now, I think people are getting the wrong idea about kills, that is not the whole issue.

The main issue is that these people are keeping their certs that they got through illegitimate means. If I am a paying customer and I play this game according to PS2's code of conduct, I just got a huge slap in the face. I am earning my kills and my certs through normal means.

These individuals also have greater access to buy items via certs due to how quickly they are earning them. Someone like myself who would rather spend their certs on non-weapons is again getting a huge slap in the face. Someone who spent Station Cash to buy items you can get via certs just got a huge slap in the face.

You cannot have a double standard for people who are supposedly big in the "community" so they have some sort of immunity... Who cares if that guy won the SOE Live tourney and he streams with a couple viewers or active PS1 vets. If they go against the PS2 code of conduct they should reap what they sow.
    • Up x 2
  17. BuzzCutPsycho

SOE doesn't ban on volume of reports. SOE investigates every ban. These people did something to earn their bans.

I expect their stats to be wiped. Losing their accounts might be a bit harsh but they didn't legit earn their stats. Wipe them and call it a day.
  18. Hosp

Lose accounts, lose stats, and salt the earth in efforts to prevent them from coming back.

After-all, theres only 1 reason people would want to allow cheaters to keep their accounts.
  19. BuzzCutPsycho

Being banned based on volume of reports is flat out BS. I have been reported tons of times yet I've never been banned. I have plenty of videos where I have received "KDR" spikes like this one guy claims and I have yet to be banned.

These people did something to earn their bans and now they're back. What message does that send? Is it okay to exploit so long as you spend enough money? Is it okay to exploit so long as you have enough people to complain and back you?

Keep them in the game. They're already unbanned. But remove their stats, wipe them, erase them. They didn't legit earn them and it sends a bad message if we allow them to keep what they didn't really earn.
  20. gunshooter

Forgetting about how wrong you are for a second, the amount that you care about stats is really insane. It's a zerg game where someone with the reflexes of a sloth can be 10:1 as long as they can rocket pods infantry. No one cares.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.