Can we wipe the stats of cheaters/padders?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kon

need to step away from kills and KD as a measuring stick, also reduce the xp gained from a player kill and increase base capture / defense XP and move to a system that is score base, so overall score and score per tick ( when the resources come in )
  2. gunshooter

Why are people still assuming that people who were banned and then unbanned were cheating, rather than banned for false positives and then unbanned? Do you actually think a company would ever not just permaban an aimbotter and ignore their pleas?
  3. Assist

Your definition of stat padding is certainly interesting. Most people would consider farming the same area and killing the same people as stat padders, does this put you in that category? I've never watched you play, but it's very hard to imagine you not padding your stats by 'farming' a defensive position with the number of kills you have.
  4. Lokarin

I'm playing a game here, why should I care if someone is padding off in a corner somewhere. It affects nothing.
  5. Soylad

They should be stripped naked (of all ill-gotten certs, accomplishments, etc.) and left in a snowbank in Esamir. If SOE is generous enough to let them back in the game, they should be reset to BR0 and reissued an empire specific starter kit of their choice. I'd prefer they be perma-banned, but I have zero tolerance for cheats, hackers, botters, and various other assorted ****** bags.
  6. Jourmand1r

Half of his 15k + kills are TR medics. He's a cheater.
  7. dhexo

Same, I'd say that's the MINIMUM punishment for stat padding scumbags. Make their character the equivalent to someone who just created an account.
  8. Jourmand1r

Because a lot of the upgrades in the game actually do stuff?
  9. hostilechild

I am surprised that they would not be harsher on stat padders. It is costing them a lot of money. If they make 10 accts all medic stand them in a field, kill them in various ways (all but one rez up) That one medic gets a lot of exp and the Killer on opposing side gets a lot of exp. Lot of exp = lot of certs to buy weapons etc. (that soe could have made money from if bought with SC).
  10. Lokarin

Just sayin' anyone not shooting at me or being shot by me doesn't exist.
  11. Admiral Snuggles

Can we get people to care about their stats less? I'd be way cooler if SOE's resources went in to fixing bugs and adding content than appeasing statwhore crybabies.
  12. Armbrust

I am against deleting stats, just for the reason that this thread exists.

To get ******** morons with a hardon for numbers to whine about something as silly as a video game, as if you feel insecure enough that if someone cheated in a video game and it makes you feel insecure about it in real life because you are failing to excel at a video game and others must recognize your superior ability to sit on your @ss.

^^ no really, justifiable reason enough it doesn't need to change. If you really, really, really feel insecure about your ability to click a mouse or a game controller vs some dude who uses a hack...you really, really, really need to uninstall Planetside, stop playing any form of video games and find something more important that's also tangible (<-- big word which isn't a fruit, means substantial and real, that which is the opposite of fake and imaginary) in your life then a form of entertainment to pass the hours away, which has no bearing outside in the real world cause we all know a K/D ratio game score will certainly get you a loan, get a lady (sorry, excluding the gaming gals here, cause you are kind of "one of the guys" :p) , and looks good on your resume for your next job :rolleyes:.

tl;dr aspect - get a life, K/D and game scores are fake and don't have much meaning in the world except to your own ego. If you are seriously upset about it, you need to find something more important to cry over. Its like "Well, lost my job, my girl friend left me, my dog ran away, and my mother is in the hospital dying of cancer...eh doesn't bother me cause I still have my K/D in...OMG! IS THAT HACKER'S SCORE STILL THERE! TO THE SONY FORUMS BATMAN!"

edit: and no, not a hacker incase someone thinks I am for supporting that kind of thing. Its just silly how someone thinks a different priority in life as a score that must be recognized in which amounts to nothing more then entertainment that requires no skill but to sit on your butt.
  13. Natir

Let me just confirm this. You are perfectly fine with someone who was stat padding or cheating/exploiting and they were able to keep massive amounts of certs when you might be earning your certs in a legitimate manner? This thread really is less about KDR, kills, etc and more about these people keeping what they earned through illegitimate means. Once cheaters and stat padders came into the game, the leaderboard went even more to **** than it already was.. I mean, a team based games that tailors their leaderboard solely around KDR is sad to begin with.. But anyway...

All those certs, all those weapons they got, all for free and no effort while you may have worked a bit for them. If you got station cash or have a sub this should be even more of a slap in the face. But I guess you have a disposable income and none of this really matters to you.
  14. Lokarin

Because it's a game. No one cares when the children double up on hotels... (Monopoly)
  15. BuzzCutPsycho

Stat padding / boosting is not only being used to obtain unfair advantages on the leader board but also circumvent using Station Cash to purchase weapons. Essentially these cheaters are getting for free what I paid for or legit earned.

Sorry, if you don't get rid of them you strip them of their stats at the least.
    • Up x 1
  16. Sock

Can you just admit you're upset that Sky is still ahead of you?
  17. Soylad

Cheating is cheating. They should not be permitted to benefit from any real or perceived advantage they may have gained from the dishonest activity. It is as simple as that.
  18. XRaDiiX

Buzz even though i used to be NC and wanted to kill you so bad but you killed me twice in game i agree.

THere are several stat padders on the top on our Server i wish their entire record gets wiped for being slimey cheaters.
  19. XRaDiiX

It's alot different when the people you're killing aren't the stat-padders alt-accounts or friends accounts so the stat padders are killing players who don't shoot back.

They are exploiting the game and going unpunished for it sets a bad precedent for everyone else. They should have their entire records wiped and lose alot of their earned Certs.

Stat padders are people who have alt accounts and get them to farm their friends rival race account at a sunderer or something along those lines.
  20. Faction

Padders' stats should be wiped and they should have to wear a 'scarlet letter' of some sort so everyone knows they got caught. It's bad for business to unban caught cheaters
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.