Can we wipe the stats of cheaters/padders?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xizwhoa

No, its a let's talk about how much we hate these players because we stopped doing it without getting caught.
  2. Mobius One

I've never once stat padded.

I earned my auraxium medal for rocket pods today.

Why should my efforts be trivialized by people who are stat padding all day?
  3. Urquhart

Is this a joke?

~320 kills/h and ~90% headshots?
  4. Saintlycow

SkyExile was the first to 50 on the PSU boards at the time. You were second or third, close with DVS Delrith.
    Difference is, he took a break, and you didn't :)
  5. JeanLucPicard

This reminds me of the Eugenics wars. TL;DR - We got rid of the cheaters. I say down with the cheaters and their stats! They cheated their way to the top while others did not!
  6. Saiph

I think my lack of empty space made it seem like I was trying to connect those two, I was trying to say that SOE has been known to do things without any reason.

The next argument was about punishing people that were wrongly accused. My mistake.
  7. Naegele

They dont ban by number of reports. If they did, I would bet heavily that buzz would be banned by now. They most likely watched those players and what they saw they thought deemed the actions they took.
    • Up x 2
  8. Kar98

OP you make a random statement with 0 evidence
  9. ANGER MANAGMENT BEAR

how many daggers did you assign to like this post
    • Up x 2
  10. Mocam

Why? Not to fluff stats, though that is part of it. The XP lets them get certs and xp at a very fast rate.

A few examples:
    I hunkered down next to an infiltrator - he was using the Q key to call out his target. I would sight up the hill and find guys and as fast as he could hit Q and fire (literally) - he was head-shotting each person -- 1 shot, 1 kill then he ran off to get more ammo after going through his full clip, came back and went at it again - over 30 kills from him doing this at that 1 location by the time I headed out in disgust.

From the top of a hill with a squad, a sniper in a building was head shotting everyone who'd poke their head up from any angle along the ridge. He was firing from *BETWEEN* the window and door of a building -- right through the wall. Eventually a guy got down there by circling the area and got into the building and killed him from behind where he didn't see him coming.

A light infantry, flying up and coming down behind guys there was no way he could see and killing them. Repeatedly (our side). I was "on high" at the top of a spire point and watched as he zipped around, non stop, doing this -- from point to point around the fight. At first I saw him and was amazed thinking "that's good!" then it hit me as I saw a guy behind a building and he zipped over it, landed behind him and shot him, then jumped - repeated going in another building... It was like each enemy were highlighted through obstacle and all.

Note: I find more sniper hacks than others but it exists across the classes, it's just more noticeable when someone simply raps off shots quickly and is dropping others with 1-2 shots, depending on if it's an automatic or a bolt action.
  11. HadesR

Most played class Engi ? lol ... Smells more fishy than Flipper
  12. Fortress

• Up x 1
  13. BuzzCutPsycho

SOE doesn't release reasons why people were banned. Looks like we've got some liars and/or cheaters up in here.
  14. BuzzCutPsycho

The banned accounts are all of the evidence I need. I guess SOE condones just a little bit of cheating though right? So long as you pay some money or beg enough I guess bans for cheating/stat padding are lifted (without stat wipes) for certain people?

Give them a second chance but wipe the stats. These people didn't earn them legit.
  15. DrakeDude

why would they unban the cheaters in the first place
    /signed
  16. Natir

Care to post some screenshots or are we just taking your word? But officer, I swear that gun was not in my car. She said she was 18. Those drugs are not mine, I am holding them for someone.
    • Up x 1
  17. bPostal

Oh Noes! Arbitrary numbers!!! (I'm sorry, I just can't help myself because I personally give aprox. 0 ***** about stats)
  18. TruthBeTold

what about the huge loss of money for sony and for all the paying players stat padders must go for good.!!!!!!!!!
  19. KodiakX

Not sure why they'd let people keep their accounts after cheating in their game. Seems silly to take such a hardline stance on the guys who use third party tools to cheat in their video game (something that's been cheered on by virtually all) and then give a slap on the wrist to the guys who blatantly cheat by padding their stats.

As a paying customer myself it really makes me question their whole policy on the matter and whether or not I want to continue to support a company who'd have such a two faced policy especially in such a competitive game. It's okay to exploit long as you spend enough money in the game? Sets a very troubling precedent.

That said it's even more unreal to hear that they'd keep anything they acquired while cheating. You know SOE has the logs. They should be rolled back to the point where they started cheating stats, purchases, certs, BR, etc. This has been the policy of every game company who has ever been lenient and let people keep their accounts after exploiting and it's ultimately disappointing to hear SOE go this direction.

All in all very disappointing.
  20. Fortress

He can post now, and while he was banned he could not. Seeing as you believe SOE to be unerring and all bans to be absolute, surely his ability to post where the banned cannot should vindicate him? Or, at the very least, damper your "100%" trust in SOE's supposedly immaculate hack detection?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.