Pilots who bail are made of big fat fail!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CoreDave, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Noobv8

How is this a problem btw bailing out works just fine..
  2. Morro

This isn't World war 1, we are not gentlemen of the skies. Can't say I bail in mid air, but try to make an emergency landing and bail low to survive.

Also funny story I was galaxy ramming Liberator bomber and spotted my self a Galaxy full of enemy NC. Was getting shot up and was in the red, bailed out figuring I'd rather fight more on the ground then blow up. My burning Galaxy glided right into the the enemy galaxy flying off. They all died in they fiery wreck. It was a good day.
  3. Shivalyn

Do the same people who complain about this also complain about people getting out of their tanks before they blow up? Seems kind of stupid to complain about either.

"You won't let me kill you? Wah!"
  4. lyravega

Nope. No XP stuff for you. Enjoy critical ESF kill assist.
  5. ICOYAR

I accidentally bailed once when I was talking to my crew. Forgot to press Enter beforehand, and killed them all. All of them dead a few seconds after that bail. They then got pissed off at me.
  6. moondoggy

They have an ability you can cert into that allows you to bail out of your plane without dying. It's entire purpose is to do exactly what you are calling fail. And who would want to stay in a plane that's about to blow up? That's why RL jets have ejection seats.
  7. AtomicGerman

if my chips are down and im about to bite the dust i am definately using my ejection system that i dumped a hundred certs into. besides you still earn a kill for downing my craft i aint gonna feed you extra certs.
  8. Topdog

you're seeing this all wrong fella, it's a big fat !@#$ you, you're not getting points from me sucka, next time kill me faster. I play a light assault often in my 'craft so I can bail and live on. Too bad if you don't like it, have some balls, get out of your plane for a minute and come down and get a kill without your OP fighter jet BEEOTCH!
  9. Krinsee

And this comeing from someone who just admits they use LA to bypass having to have the bailing modification, and just got out of his OP fighter jet.

There is a reason we used to call your type bailures in PS1
  10. tjalfe

its war and you want them to help you becouse you properly jumped and ganked them?... hmm i think not...

when that is said the xp system on it might need some work, but dont complain to the pilot about that :)

ps: personally if i cant survive ejecting i go down with the plain, but thats properly becouse i dont stop fighting till its over :p
    hate the awefull controls though
  11. siiix

yeah what ever man , i rarely fly , but i see absolutely no problem with suicide ... all it does is makes you more angry... witch is good, this is a war game, deal with it ;)

i would do it any time my self if i would fly ! because pi**ing of the enemy is great :p
  12. DankBudha

I bail or run my plane into a canyon cliff or the ground just so I can come to the forums and see the crying about it later. Ah, the contentment in others' nerd rage is what gets me up in the morning.
  13. CaptainRobust

Bailing's a part of the game. If you could survive after winding up in a bad situation...why would you let yourself die? It's not about honor, it's about winning. If I can bail, spin around, and hit you with an HA missile while you're swooping in for the kill, I will.
  14. Mikepoleon

I find it ridiculous that people keep saying "It's a war, do anything to deny your opponent XP BECAUSE ITS A WAR OUT THERE DAMN IT." Except it's not, it's a game, and these people who bail out just to give their fellow player a middle finger, or worse, the hordes of petty, angry young men posting in this this thread about how much enjoyment they get out of screwing others over - Are simply sore losers.

Actually, the ones doing it just to piss others off sound a lot worse than sore losers. Sound like god damn sociopaths to me. Granted, bailing isn't something that ruins the game, but it is frustrating and annoying, and the fact that a lot of people do it simply because it is frustrating and annoying to their fellow players? There is something very wrong with those people.
    • Up x 1
  15. Sifer2

If someone is using guns I don't I try to dogfight them instead. But if its cheapo A2A missiles i'll usually just bail since there isn't any reason to stick around, and I don't feel like they deserve a kill anyway.
  16. Maphreal

I don't fly often, but you can sometimes survive a bailout. So you're faced with two options - 100% chance of death, or a high chance of death with a slight chance of surviving. Why should I not choose the later? I don't owe anyone xp anymore than they owe it to me.
  17. Fenom

I've bailed out at the right time,and the land was at the right angle that I,and my Reaver lived.

I've also done it with a friend in a liberator where I bailed,and died,but he,and the lib lived sliding down a mountain.

Dont tell us how to play the game.

Denying enemy points is the name of the game noob.Are you goin to say get rid of deconstructing as well?

You go ahead,and take the so called "moral high road",and sit right there while people shoot you down.I always get a laugh,and say what an idiot you had time to bail.LOL
  18. Shendo

lol you would think after they did that in pside 1 and put in the no bailing they would put it in pside 2.....but you cant hold the hand of the devs, we prob gonna wait about 1 year for that to happen.
  19. Deladin

Ok I will bind a macro key to /suicide and make sure I hit it anytime someone starts shooting at me and my shield drop. Starved you of the kill haha you are such a loser, you can't even kill me cause I suicided!! HAHAHAAHA

No.

If you shoot down an enemy fighter, and they bail and then splat on the ground, you should STILL get the kill credit, because you caused them to die. You physically shot their aircraft and they bailed out because of it.

Easy solution. If you bring an ESF to where its on fire(the critical damage thing) and the pilot bails out and dies, you get not only the ESF fighter kill, but also the physical kill of the pilot, that adds to your kill count and grants you that extra 100 XP.
  20. Maphreal

As I mentioned before, I see no problem with bailing, but I wouldn't mind. The main point to bailing (for me) is rolling the dice for a slim chance of surviving. Even if they just got rid of bailing entirely it'd be fine with me. Could make it so you can't drop out of a non-galaxy aircraft if it's going over X KPH.