Pilots who bail are made of big fat fail!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CoreDave, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Deladin

Umm how the **** are they GIVING him anything? He rightfully blew their ******* aircraft out of the sky. He EARNED THE ******* KILL MORON. they are just being un-honorable dicks and choosing suicide over going down with the aircraft.

I WISH people survived if they bailed, so when I fly over where they fell, instead of finding a dead corpse, I find the guy running away and I can finish him off.
  2. WombatNinja

Its the internet. We're all sociopaths in our own special way.
  3. MobileAssaultDuck

I don't disagree that you should get the kill credit.

But, currently, I'm going to use whatever tools to deny XP to the enemy force as possible.

Exactly the same concept of gold denial in DOTA.
  4. Aerius

My view:
    Get me disabled with your main cannon - good job, kill is yours unless I manage to escape somehow
    Get me disabled with A2A missiles - LOLNOPE. I'd prefer to take 3 deaths and lose 1 kill than give you a kill
  5. TripleAych

Well there is a easy fix to this:
    Cockpit locks the pilot in, if the plane goes into critical condition and the pilot does not have ejection system.
    Done.
  6. Katana

I'm usually LA, with which you can survive the fall.

If I'm not LA, why shouldn't I bail? Maybe I'll survive, but I definitely won't survive if I stay in my aircraft . . .
  7. ChickenSpy

It seems that if you feel you are better than someone by thinking that bailing is unsportsmanlike, then why would you care so much about experience? You took that person out of the sky, and you also forced him to eject his craft in shameful defeat. Why does it matter if you get the exp or not? Now when you care more about experience than victory and complain when you don't get it, that there is soreness in losing.
  8. TripleAych

Last time I checked, this game did not have any victory conditions in it.
  9. ChickenSpy

Lol you know what I mean. I fly alot, and I could care less if I get the kill or not. If that other ESF is out of the sky, then he can't harass the ground troops.
  10. TripleAych

Yes you can play unappreciated roles purely out of your goodwill, but it does not change the fact that unrewarding jobs are not fun.
  11. Vonluckner

I do everything I can to deconstruct my aircraft if I know I'm going down.

I simply do not give a **** about someone elses definition of e-bushido. Even historically, committing suicide rather than be defeated or captured was common amongst many different cultures. There is zero basis for saying "HURR DO DA HONORABUL THING AND LET ME SHOOT YOU DOWN".

Pilots are just ******** about losing PRECIOUS KILLS that they simply weren't good enough to secure in the first place. Welcome to playing Skyguard or Burster MAX.
    • Up x 2
  12. Fuse

Pilots who give me time to bail need to step up their game. Cry less, practice more.
  13. Topdog

I have never seen so many cry babies in one thread before.. it's part of the game and one of the very least of issues in this game that need dealing with atm. In fact it's a non-issue and I'm with Fenom above where I'll get a laugh if you don't bail, part of battle is knowing when you're beaten and running to live another day.
  14. KI-Natas

I am just bored, start to hunt bailers on the ground..., but the most don't survive the fall.

In PS1 there was eject system in every aircraft, but if the damage was to great you couldnt bail out.
  15. Imnuktam

I bail all the time with light assault and i live so often i am surprised when I dont.

If someone bails and lives I follow em down , get out of my plane and shoot them in the face.

This was much more common in ps1 and will be even more common when people start unlocking ejector seats, so I would get used to it. Why would anyone intentionally go down in flames when they can bail and fight on?

Air battle is pretty lame in most peoples opinion anyways. Whoever gets behind first wins. I rarely lose a good pilots who gets behind me and if I get behind someone else only another pilot will save them.
  16. Trysaeder

I know a lot of other pilots feel the same way. If I'm taking damage from an autocannon, I'll stay in the plane until I die.
    If I'm on fire (and therefore can't dodge lock-ons anymore) I'll just pgdown deconstruct if there's a lock. If a pilot can't be bothered to switch to the autocannon against a flaming enemy, he doesn't deserve the kill.
  17. Bilbobaggins

I like to ride as a heavy with a missile launcher.. If I know I'm going to die, I'll eject very high so that while I'm falling, I can attempt to hit them with a missile or two.

Or, I'll ride close to the ground, upside down and suddenly accelerate straight upward before ejecting-- this usually keeps me alive regardless of my class long enough to fire some bullets at my attacker.

I also redeploy when I'm in a bad situation, to avoid letting those attacking get the kill.