Pilots who bail are made of big fat fail!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CoreDave, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Silenuz

Seriously, it is hugely obvious that 90% of the people talking in this thread don't even fly.
    It takes about half a second to nose-dive your plane into the ground while bailing/kamikazeing into the ground and then your attacker gets a whole 30xp. You can get more than that just throwing down a damn resupply as engi.
    Say what you want, this needs to be fixed. If you suicide, run into a tree because you're trying to outmaneuver someone, or whatever the case the person who damaged you the most should get the kill. Not just an assist for a petty *** amount.
    Hell, even if that's not the fix, it needs something.

And this has nothing to do with the bail cert or LAs doing it and surviving. It's people being petty, Dave is right if you fly any kind of a2a and you don't think this is a huge flaw, you are crazy.
  2. Cute-CandyPants

lol your a noob with rocket pods and aircraft crying about people bailing out before there aircraft gets blown up so you dont get the kill ?

its called being smart and proberly not loseing an airfight more like some noob that cant be seen on view distance locking missiles onto you.

get some skill
  3. Silenuz

What you say makes sense for games like that, but that takes constant effort and practice. Comparing that to this is like if you just had to press one key every now and then to deny 90% of their income.
    The way it is now, aim nose of plan at ground and AB, end of story. Enemy gets 30xp. You get 30xp when people do it to you.
    And now, I am going to bail every chance i get where I'm about to die. Sorry to the other honorable pilots, but something has to change.

You are obviously one of the above-mentioned non-pilots with no damn clue. He's the one taking down the enemy air everywhere with rocket pods owning your ***. If you make it useless to go after enemy air, then everyone will just focus on you squishies on the ground with their rocket pods instead of A2AM.
  4. CoreDave

UM, rocket pods and air 2 air missiles are completely different weapons that occupy the same slot, I'm using the later to kill folks spamming you on the ground with the former..

And you're damn right I use Air 2 Air missiles, I spent a week grinding away using the nose gun to scrape xp from the skies to earn those missiles! Flying without the missiles has to be one of the slowest ways to earn certs available, even if the target doesn't bail or slam into something it takes ages to kill even a moderately skilled pilot with the nose gun alone (Unless they just hover there and take it). Yes the missiles are a bit cheap, they would be better if they required you maintain the lock instead of being fire and forget but all they are really useful for is reducing the amount of hitpoints you need to grind down with the nose gun. Locking from beyond view distance is of course impossible, in fact the lock on range is fairly short and even then firing anywhere near the limit of the lockon range isn't going to hit anyone with half an ounce of skill. You need to be in close and on their tail to make it count.
  5. TimeyWimey

I always bail when I see no chances for me to survive a landing / escape. I have the odd chance of surviving if I bail even from higher altitudes.
  6. Noobv8

srsly stop qqin about this. This OP is just an XP ****** nothing else.
  7. Trignite

I don't mind people bailing if they are LA or have the ejection seat. But usually if they get our i just put thermal on and kill them with a few rocket pods.
  8. rayvon

all pilots are skill less ******
  9. Brusilov

I rather suicide or get tk'd then giving my enemy's any xp.
    • Up x 1
  10. CoreDave

You know when you put several minutes into a single chase for a single kill your damn right I want my XP. Why? Not for the bragging rights but because I need that XP and the certs than comes with it to unlock anything. Now if I really was an XP ***** then I would just abandon the skies and join the infantry or tank zergs and gain xp about twice as fast with much less downtime and loads of bonus certs just for being around when bases cap.

I can see this isn't getting anywhere, clearly there are a few quality pilots out there who like me enjoy the air game and are happy to let their opponents reap their just rewards for a hard won victory. The rest of you probably arn't pilots anyway and if you are then shame on you but hey sooner or later if people keep doing this SOE will fix the issue.
  11. sagolsun

Precisely. That is denying the enemy it's most crucial resource - cert points. If I could, I would suicide before getting shot as an infantry. If no option exists I'd rather crash a galaxy full of people into a cliff than let the enemy get the certs.
    • Up x 1
  12. DeadlyShoe

A lot of pilots making themselves look really bad this thread. It's a game, you can't even man up in a game? :p

Bingo, plus one, et cetera.

If someone dies to suicide and someone has enough damage to get a crit assist, that person should get the kill. Although Air units make this the most obvious its a problem across the board, and it should be fixed.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kubor

You've taken the enemy plane out of the battlefield. Isn't that enough?

That's what AA users get told when complaining about not getting kills anyway.

I think I even saw you post that very thing yourself ;)
  14. BobJohnson

Kind of like someone getting out of a tank right before it blows up? You get the 100ish points for the aircraft kill, you get 100ish points for the tank kill. If you were to add a suicide button for infantry you'd get 0 points. Apples to oranges.

But either way, why would someone want to help the enemy by giving them even more points when they could avoid doing so?
  15. CoreDave

If you want to go back and check you will find that I advocate xp for damage so that AA users can get a reasonable return without changing the delicate balance of aa area denial. The unevenness of xp/cert gain for different equally useful roles is a significant issue, far more so than any balance issues of aa vs air anyway. That applies as much to the poor rewards reaped by most pilots who choose to focus on killing enemy air units even if you got the full kill xp every time it would still be slower xp/cert gain than infantry or tank play with the zerg.
  16. olievlekje

Suicide beats giving an opponent points thats why i jump out and deconstruct my ride while bailing

death to the NC & TR dont give em ****
  17. CoreDave

Is there no room for a sense of fair play in modern gamers? I mean its pretty simple, we all share this virtual world together, we are all here to have fun.

At the end of the day it comes down to treat others as you would like to be treated but maybe I'm just old fashioned or something.
  18. d1spatch

Good post. I always used to trash talk people for bailing in the Battlefield games.

Who cares about the ******* xp the other faction gets, that's such a little ***** thing to say. Be a man and get ******* shot down like you deserve to be.
  19. Kubor

Haha :D

I love this thread so much.
  20. JesNC

I only bail when attacked by A2AM. I can respect pilots who can dogfight and aim with their guns, and I know G2A lock-on launchers are a neccesity. But A2A missiles are just cheap.