Australian Players ONLY 11-23-2012 Diagnostic Testing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Veratu, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Jarimesce

Well, personally, I'm addicted already, despite the technical hitches. I prefer to blame the dense lackies at Telstra not the glorious coders at SOE. I'm just happy that a) there's a server nearby me for once, and b) that the problem's being acknowledged and worked on.

Good work Veratu! Keep it up, we're all behind you!
    • Up x 3
  2. Kaizan

Hey Varatu, I take it you got Logs you requested last night, gona see if I can stay on for abit longer today.

Wish me luck! :)

Oh, server locked...Nvm xD
  3. MrMchale

And can't wait till this is fixed and gone so we can get the other two Aussie servers up with out a hitch when we have the local pop...

But Can we get an ETA on this down time?
  4. Zammy

I could complain, but on this one SOE are doing a great job. Servers in Australia, all the issues are being looked are straight away and most important of all, when I log in it's edge of your seat pure awesome fun!
    Great game and once the issues are ironed out it will be fantastic.
  5. LameFox

If they want 300-400 ping, sure.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jarimesce

Well so far it seems to take them anywhere from 10 mins to an hour. But when you think about it, it's a massive amount of code they have to work with, and it's quite possible they don't even know what the problem could be when they start working on it. Just hang tight, and have faith it'll be up soo I guess...
  7. Veratu SOE

I will have to look into this, I have seen a couple of instances of it pop up but it hasn't been a giant beacon of focus. It will be addressed after we can confirm Briggs server stability in general. One problem at a time :) Let us get you guys back into the game, then we'll focus on the other little issues.
    • Up x 1
  8. OmegaProphet

I can't press play button either when I click it just goes green again. please help
  9. Veratu SOE

Omega the server is currently down for a hotfix/patch. We'll have it back online as soon as we can.
  10. a4especibot

Veratu, thanks for the confirmation. For some reason, I actually feel better because the problem has been acknowledged. I had been asking around on the AUS server yesterday and not one person replied to say they had or did not have the problem.

-A4
  11. Cohzee

Thanks for the info.
  12. Blink

lawl, I hope SOE are paying you some RL SC dude, you sure are earning it :) Ty for the ongoing updates.

Now, back to the cricket !!!
  13. Diablo Vash

At least you can play though lol, rather play without kids screaming on the mic then not be able to play at all.
  14. rabidquokka

Veratu i really hope the guys know we all appreciate this, and these informative posts really do help us as a community to see what you guys have to deal with.
  15. Spiffmeister

I played on a US east server all though beta with no issues at all. If anything the US east server was smoother than the AU one is.
  16. ninestrike

JUST LET ME FLY!
  17. a4especibot

With regards to the server issue - since launch I have had to click 'Play' multiple times (usually about 5-6 times) and then wait 20-30 seconds for it to connect and load into a continent. The game also wouldn't respond to my character creation till the game was restarted. This situation persisted up till this morning.

Dunno if that helped, but that's all I can report about this problem.
  18. Dragonzord86

Veratu: For those of us that have bought boosts, are we getting compensated for all the downtime we've had after purchasing them? Coz alot of it is going to waste..
  19. Jetlag

A4, every person I have heard using the ingame VOIP has sounded terrible and scratchy to the point where it hurts my ears and i cant understand anything. At other times the voice is so quiet i cant even hear the distortion clearly despite having the recieving volume up max. At first i thought these people all had crap mics but after some reading i see that many people are having this issue and it seems like it is server side.
  20. Rysek

i just wanted to say TY to the team communicating with us players. Most honest and up front communication i have seen from a dev team and like many other players, i have been a part of all major western and a few eastern mmo launches, so i know good / bad launches.

and to the ones trying to quote commercial laws and compare a f2p game to buying a car, stop embarrassing yourself and the rest of us by trying to sound like you represent us all. you do not. i for one am very happy with the product and will continue to support it.

just fyi, if you wanna compare this to a car, then no, i would not be annoyed if my FREE CAR didn't run 100% of the time for the first few days while it got sorted, especially since i didn't pay anything for it, and only have to buy petrol for it / vanity items such as a bigger stereo and new rims.
    • Up x 2