[NUC] elusive1: Unleashed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elusive1, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Rydenan

Framerate doesn't affect the physics update rate. (Nor does your monitor's refresh rate.)

Regardless, the frames in question are:
    [IMG]
    followed immediately by:
    [IMG]
    regardless of where the guy is moving, the simple fact of the matter is that the distance between the crosshair and his head is only increasing between these two frames.

Even the first frame is generous for a headshot, but since the actual shot was even farther away from the head than in that first frame, this strongly reaffirms my claim that the hitboxes are wonky.
    • Up x 1
  2. elusive1

If all you're claiming is that hitboxes are wonky then I totally agree with you. I've had countless clear headshots be body shots as an example. This game is weird, and the things that are displayed are weird. You don't see people warping through walls in other fps's. Like I play with 150m render distance, and I dropped from my esf onto a building and the entire continent didn't render. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320221642?t=01h17m00s This has never happened to me before. I have a 8770k and a 1080ti, and I wasn't lagging. This game is just weird man.
  3. Rydenan

This level of potato quality is not Youtube's fault. Check this youtube PS2 video out: (and choose "4K" quality preset)
  4. Rydenan

Yep, completely agree.
  5. WinterAero

''This game and its hitboxes are weird, yet I can play consistently as if they aren't and headshot even if its nowhere near the realm of on target''.

I don't know about anyone else - but I always need to actually hit the head in this game to score a HS kill. Sometimes im 'on target but not 'quite' and have to finish the person with a pistol. Not this guy. He hits the shoulder or even centre mass and still gets his 1 hit k.o.

Considering movement variables - thats why you dont see anyone else (mustarde et al) doing this. Because in ps2 it cant be done. You'd need hitbox edits. If you didnt, why even bother aiming at all.

Haha if anyone needed proof of this forums/playerbase' gullibility look no further.
    • Up x 1
  6. adamts01

Frame 1, actually says "headshot", but the flash didn't render till frame 2. His crosshair was moving right to left, so he probably pulled the trigger right when he should have given it already saying "headshot" by the time his crosshair was just left of the target.
  7. Demigan

The ammo counter did not go down on frame 1, so the shot has to have happened after frame 1 rather than on frame 1. The headshot is from the previous kill, hence the hitmarker is still not present.
    • Up x 2
  8. elusive1

You unironically said Mustarde as your reference of cqc sniping, I'm not even sure if you have played the game in years. I highly doubt you're good enough to get consistent headshots just by how sure you are it's impossible(for you). There are plenty of people who have emulated my style of aiming, and it's definitely possible. I've seen nefinub and sephuku pull off these drag shots with lower sensitivity, it's just timing. Here's two guys who aim like me https://www.youtube.com/user/InFIamess/videos https://www.youtube.com/user/imalfitano/videos
  9. csvfr

Sadly I can only set it to 1080p60 here, don't have a 4K monitor/desktop resolution might have something to do with it.

Even though this ''discrete steps'' theory is sound, that only concerns the game's processing. Mouse clicks are timestamped by the operating system with millisecond precision. It is therefore perfectly possible for the game to use this timestamp for interpolation when determining the projectile trajectory. Sounds like a valid game-software development trick to improve the feel and smoothness when firing whilst moving the mouse.
    IRL bullets always leaves the barrel before the flash - which is caused by the gases/propellants pushing the bullet.
  10. adamts01

OK. I didn't watch the whole clip for context. It sucks we don't have a middle frame.

This is PS2. Real life does not apply.
    • Up x 1
  11. csvfr

Still doesen't explain why the bullet needs to be created together with the flash. Furthermore the graphics card driver buffers 1-3 frames ahead in time. http://iridar.net/planetside2/performance-guide/
    So it is only possible to see the flash several frames after clicking the mouse.
    Do you really think the actual bullets lag by this much?
    • Up x 1
  12. pnkdth

I was more thinking of Demigan and the fact he made an entire thread in the past to try and take down Elusive1. All I've seen so far is speculation and ignorance being used to prove what MIGHT be there. Same as before.

Looking at the frames being discussed I look at the vid (1:50-1:51). It is over in an instant... or in a twitch. No wonder they can't find "the missing frames" because there are probably none, it is over too quickly. For all we know that frame would have been rendered 0.000001 seconds before he pulled the trigger. The target is also moving from the right on the screen to the left.

Like csvfr points out, simply seeing the muzzle flash does not mean he fired the weapon in just that moment.

So there's the blindness factor, possibly erroneous information and therefor conclusions, speculation etc etc. Hell, it has lead to people acting as if zig zagging is suspicious behaviour. That's what happens when you start looking at things which aren't there.

So how about proof before a conviction is all I'm saying. I mean, if he is cheating is a a f***ing loser anyways. Until someone can prove it though, I'm going to view him as someone who's good at what he does.
    • Up x 3
  13. csvfr

I actually set out to prove it just now. Conclusion: muzzle flash/ammo counter decrement is done several frames after the bullet is fired. How? I set ''maxFPS'' to 1 in UserOptions.ini and fired a few rounds with 1 FPS.

Midways in the video I
    1. aim at the wall
    2. click fire
    3. aim to the wall on the right
    4. see the bullet hit the original wall along with the ammo counter decrementing only then
    • Up x 4
  14. DarkStarAnubis

AT LAST!!!!!

Thanks, there is someone who hasn't his head in the sand like an ostrich and understands that if I press the trigger and the bullet get out of the barrel, the graphics engine will be able to react AT THE VERY BEST only X ms after, X being the opposite of the frame rate multiplied by 1000 and POSSIBLY after if the system pre-renders frames in advance.

So 50 FPS = 20 ms

Alleluja :D
  15. Demigan

AT LAST!!!!!

So as you can see, the actual muzzle flash is non-existant as it has already happened during the missing frames. The only thing you see is a single frame of the impact with the lighting of the impact. Everything else is "hidden" on the misisng frames but they do have happened.

This means that yes, the shot does happen where OP pulled the trigger. This means that any frame that does not show the shot yet is prior to the shot and any shot that shows the shot has it happened.

Logical conclusion: a shot that happens BEFORE you pass the target has to be a miss as the shoy must have happened inbetween that frame and the one before. A shot that happens AFTER you pass the target has to be a miss as well. This is perfectly in line with everything I've already said, despite all the people who prefer to attack me personally rather than offer an actual plausible reason as to why OP can turn a miss into a hit.
  16. adamts01

Take 5.56 velocity for example, roughly 3,000 feet per second. Now say we have a 144hz monitor. A bullet would travel 20 feet per frame. The flash happens within that time. For all practical purposes, rendering the bullet and flash together isn't unreasonable because the human eye can't detect the difference.

Now take your 3 frames of latency, again at 144hz. We're talking 0.021 seconds. Human reaction time can't come close to being that precise. I'd argue that any ability to reliably land those drag shots is pure muscle memory and has little to nothing to do with clicking on the head during the exact frame, which is on a 0.007 second interval.

At least he's scientific about it. That's all you can really ask for.
  17. Demigan

I replied to Elusives thread, I did not make one. I also kept asking him to explain doscrepancies, which he did poorly.
  18. csvfr

Muzzle flash isn't shown in my vid due to low graphic settings nothing else. But it does align with the ammo counter decrement which happens 1-2 frames later. It means that if the "shot" (by your definition, evidenced by ammo decrement/muzzle flash) happens:
    • BEFORE passing the target it has to be a miss
    • AT the target it should be a miss if dragging, a hit if stationary
    • AFTER the target it could be a hit if dragging
    Especially if the crosshairs were at the head 1-3 frames before the visual "shot", it could be a legitimately aimed hit.
    Yeah it is muscle memory. If you try the dragshot manouver in the VR you find that it is absolutely possible to pull off. Just drag the scope fast from left to right over a dummy. However you must "foresee" in a sense - click when your hand has covered the distance to the head and not when you "see" it, because then it is already too late.
  19. elusive1

I think you didn't watch the whole video or something, forget the first gun. He proved with the recon dart that the bullet is fired before the muzzle flash and the ammo counter even show. All evidence of me missing shots, but still hitting is because of the muzzle flash and the ammo counter being 1 bullet down, and a frame of my cross hair being past the target. This actually goes against everything that has been posted so far.
    • Up x 1
  20. DarkStarAnubis

The monitor defines the max possible frame rate, not the current frame rate you have.

The frame rate is determined by the load of the GPU/CPU rendering frames, so people may have 120 FPS at the warp gate and 20 FPS in a +96 Vs +96 battle with the same hardware.

The resolution (HD versus 4K) will affect the frame rate as well since there are more pixels to render as the resolution increases.

The rendering distance will also affect the frame rate since there are more objects to render as the distance increases.

And since we are talking about recording and/or streaming those actions will further increase the CPU/GPU/disk load thus reducing the amount of frames which will be available to discuss about

P. S. Have a look at Iridar guides - when he has to make tests related to tight timings he records without using its pc (e.g. a camera or a phone)