0.75 ADS in a Abomination that should have never exist.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Avatar

I'd be in favour of removing 0.75 ADS from all LMGs, but I don't see it as a gross imbalance. A non-HA using a 0.5 ADS weapon is still more agile than a shielded HA using 0.75 ADS (that's my impression anyway).

Not to mention that any weapon with a reasonable hipfire COF allows to run circles around a "scoped-in" Heavy.
    • Up x 1
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

It's due to the 0.75 ADS since their stats and attachment options are utter crap. Maybe you should actually look at the weapons stats of all VS LMG's before you make inane posts about how the Orion/SVA-88/Betelgeuse are "good weapons people will use" when you take away the 0.75 ADS stat... which by the way doesn't actually negate the movement debuff when you activate the shield, it only lessens it. Not only that, the 0.75 ADS weapons are good because the rest of our LMG's aren't.

Name a single VS LMG that gets an advanced grip. TR get's one, NC get's 2.
    Name a single VS LMG that gets 0.35 ADS move COF. TR and NC get 2 each.
    Name a single VS LMG that gets SPA while having over 1605 DPS. NC has 1, TR has 2.

That right there is the huge reason why VS get 2 LMG's with 0.75 ADS... because we're lacking in those three areas.

You might have noticed this if you actually tried playing with the Orion... which you clearly haven't.
    • Up x 2
  3. Scr1nRusher

Where did I say that I would be against VS LMG's & weapons compensating for 0.75 ADS getting buffs to make those weapons better if 0.75 ADS was removed?

Like really now, Everything yo just explained to me proves 0.75 ADS has messed up your Empires arsenal.
  4. Iridar51

Disagree. One who plays best should win. Playing consists of many things, and shooting is just one of them.

That said, this is the same argument that MAX and AI vehicle farmers use, screaming "this is part of the game", so I can see where you're coming from.

HAs definitely shouldn't have access to 75% ADS weapons, certainly not with their shield working as it is. Seems fine on other classes. It is, as you said, a balancing tool.
    • Up x 2
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

No, having abysmal DPM on our carbines and assault rifles is what's messed up the VS's arsenal.
  6. Scr1nRusher

I'm agreeing with you on that.

The VS arsenal needs a good deal of improvements.
  7. Scr1nRusher

The whole issue of 0.75 ADS negating the HA shield is the gross imbalance.

0.75 ADS is a problem that has been effecting the gunplay since Launch.

Also the HA shields movement speed downside is 0.25

So think of it this way.

A 0.75 ADS Heavy with the shield on can move at the normal strafe speed and have 700 HP or 40-45 resistance on depending on shield type.

The more you look at this issue, not just on the HA class, its baffling how they let it get this far.
  8. Lord_Avatar

I already stated I'd be fine with removing 0.75 ADS from all LMGs. Shotguns and SMGs can keep that trait as far as I'm concerned - they are far more limited in their engagement range (Cyclone aside maybe).

I'm ok with 0.75 ADS in general. Heck, I'd probably support giving it to all Carbines by default.
  9. Taemien

Equip a Cyclone.. you now have a high DPS 167 damage weapon that has nearly the same accuracy as an ADS one while hipfiring. You now have a .25 movement advantage.

Now if you wanted to say remove COF while ADS from -ALL- weapons... we'd have a good discussion. But calling for a nerf isn't the way to go.
    • Up x 1
  10. Scr1nRusher

I wish shotguns(the normal & pump action ones) were limited to the LA & Engineer & That SMG's were limited to the LA & Infiltrator.

BTW, if you notice about 0.75 ADS it causes problems with hitboxes & stuff.

0.5 ADS doesn't cause that.

overall 0.75 ADS doesn't do much good.
  11. Scr1nRusher

Did you read my OP?

I feel like something was lost in translation or something.
  12. FateJH

How does 0.75x ADS screw up hitboxes if the models normally move at (some speed we will call) 1.0x and don't get their hitboxes screwed up at that speed?
    • Up x 2
  13. Lord_Avatar

Somewhat radical, but not stupid at all.

Rarely so.
  14. Scr1nRusher

I forgot to mention the SMG's should be on the engineer class aswell. since the LA & engineer share an arsenal of weapons afterall.

But how often do you actually pay attention to 0.75 ADS ingame? Do me a favor, over a course of a week or so, pay attention.
  15. omfgweeee

Remove hip fire then cuz is 1 speed? You guys talk bon sense all the time...
  16. Shanther

I have literally never had this issue of "screwing up your hitbox" against any weapon that has 0.75 ADS speed. So I have no idea where you got this idea from
  17. Scr1nRusher

player character hitbox + fast movement + clientside or lag = screwed up hitbox's.
  18. Scr1nRusher

Where are you getting hip fire?????

This is about 0.75 ADS.
  19. Shanther

Again, I have never run into "screwed up hitboxes" on anyone using a 0.75 ADS weapon.
  20. Lord_Avatar

Define paying attention then. I can tell when I'm using a 0.75 ADS weapon and I can tell when I'm on the receiving end of one. That would be about it. Useful and noticeably so, but far from gamebreaking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.