[Suggestion] Remove K/D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpartanPsycho, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Flamberge

IDK about removing it, forumside would be in tears (If they have any left after all their other QQ-ing)

Maybe, just maybe, add an new stat, and give it the K/Ds old prominence, and have it be a Ribbons Earned/Death ratio.
  2. Posse

>claim not to care about KDR
    >make a thread about removing KDR

Yup, makes complete sense.

If anything, if you're concerned about people playing like cowards, then add KPM to the front page of stats that show when you press tab, but don't come complaining that your KPM sucks when you're playing engineer or medic then because that means you're playing the class wrong.
    • Up x 3
  3. Alarox

I still think that what I said is true. The people who talk about KDR the most are people who don't care about theirs.

I don't think any less of someone just because we disagree on a few things.
  4. Bonom Denej

You're actually the one spamming the forum with yet an other topic on that. :rolleyes:
  5. SpartanPsycho

Not necessarily yours. IT does affect people. Once a friend was showing his sister the game. She quit because of a .1 k/d.
    • Up x 1
  6. SpartanPsycho

The funniest thing about these threads is the snide K/D hounds that I mentioned all get riled up and attempt to discredited my POV with insults, K/D, and attempted intelligence :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  7. Shanther

I very specificly said "the majority" implying that it doesn't always apply to everyone, just most.
  8. vsae

This thread: "Someone wants to take something from others, just because it goes against his envisioned metagame"
    le wut?
    amen
  9. Rogueghost

Why should I care about territory capture, KD has nothing to do with the fact that capturing bases is meaningless and a complete waste of my time.

And removing KD isn't going to change how I play, I play for kills because sending people to the respawn screen is enjoyable, a respectable KD is just a side result of wasting so much of my life on this game that I've figured out the most efficient ways to do what I enjoy.

Remove KD and nothing will change, I play to have fun, and shooting at people is fun. "So why not play some other FPS" because Planetside 2 is the first shooter I've enjoyed since 007 Goldeneye, and that was about 17 years ago.
    • Up x 2
  10. Iridar51

I have 2.5+ K/D, I say K/D should removed. Guess your argument is flawed, huh.

Stats can be important, they incentivize people to excel, to play better. But they shouldn't the main drive behind player's actions, especially in an open world multiplayer game. K/D and other stats can still be a small thing, but it definitely shouldn't be on the pedestal.

At the very least, kill stats should not be publicly available, i.e. players should be able to see only their own stats, and preferably getting to see those stats should be incredibly inconvenient chore.

PlanetSide 2 has two main groups of players, with contradicting goals: one plays for fun / farms K/D, other group plays for territory. One wants to destroy sunderers and end the battle, the other wants the exact opposite.

Persistent stats is one of the reasons behind this conflict, until it's removed PS2 can never shine as teamwork oriented objective based combined arms game.
    • Up x 2
  11. Mastermind

Sorry but removing stats won't change peoples playstyles
  12. Shanther

Reading is hard. I very specificly said "the majority." Ergo my argument is entirely valid. The majority or most of the people who want it removed at low KD players. I never said all.
  13. MarkAntony

If I was consistently doing that badly I would quit too. Dying 10 times for every kill isn't fun. And I don't even need a KD stat to notice that.

And you try to discredit us by calling us names. Not so different...

who are you to tell other people what should be the main drive behind their actions? I want to be better at the game. My stats tell me how good I am doing. This is a shooter. Therefore it is important to know how combat effective I am. K/D(and a bunch of other stuff) tells me that.
    What really grinds my gears is that people who are on the "Teamwork Train" all act as if you could achieve the objectives with nothing but heals, revives, ammo drops and the magic of friendship. Because there totally aren't people on the other side you have to kill to get to the point...

@ Thread: leave my gorram stats alone! If you don't want to care about KDR that's fine with me. I do. And I wanna be able to look at it and compare how well I am doing compared to other players. There is nothing bad about that.
    • Up x 3
  14. Iridar51

I'm somebody who understands this game's problems, and what needs to be done to solve them. Removing K/D would make the game more enjoyable for the large portion of the people.

If PlanetSide 2 wanted to be "another online shooter", like CoD, BF and other Warfaces, then it's gone through a lot of trouble of creating an open, persistent world just for nothing.

You can either have better PlanetSide, or you can have your stats and play it like it's "Battlefield that failed". Make a choice.
    • Up x 1
  15. Rogueghost

The only major change I foresee occurring from removing the stat is there wouldn't be any more of these ********** threads. Which would be a blessing to forumside, so that we may focus on much more important things like nerfing whatever killed me, but I doubt it will affect much, if anything, in game.
    • Up x 1
  16. Bonom Denej

Yeah, I don't see it having any effect. If people want to look at their KD, then they'll just make the math themselves with the data available and still touch themselves over it.
  17. ronjahn

No thanks. Leave K/D alone. 2.06 KDR and climbing. Do you really think this will change behavior? I don't.

If you find me spawn warrioring it's not because of "OMG muh K/D" it's more likely because of "OMG thats a ****-load of enemies and I don't want to give them the satisfaction of killing me or the certs that go with it."

Removing KD isn't going to turn me into the mindless, hopeless point charger that people that oppose KD seem to want to create in this game. It's simply going to cause me to find another method of tracking that information if I am interested in it(ie Dasanfal site, recursion stat tracker, ps2-universe, ect)

my KD isn't all that special, but I still think it should remain in game and on the playersite.
    • Up x 1
  18. Kunavi

I like to have a clear image of how I'm doing, KD is part of that but I agree it's too dominant and it's too much of a direct(Raw), satisfying metric... And a reminder of how bad you are in the eyes of others or according to others, most of who rever this sole value. It's like IPhones and please take that in the right way(And yes I do own an IPhone ;P ).

What I'd like is for KD to stay, but when I press Tab or check my Player Page I want to see a large, coloured grade(A letter or number I don't care) like X/100 or X% with a huge coloured "Performance" above it. And the rest of the stats, I'd like buried somewhere else, accessible only if you know or care where to look. Yeah, that'd be great. If only SOE had all the information they needed to compile such a thing, or if they could decide what the top grade would be based on a balanced value derived from both the average of players with really high statistics and what SOE intended us to be doing in PS2... Imagine that! -.-
  19. Iridar51

If it won't do anything, there's no reason not to remove K/D. Fail argument.
  20. Rogueghost

You misunderstand, I'm not making an argument, I'm mocking the entire existence of these threads. It doesn't matter what side you're on its a pointless circle jerk in which nothing gets accomplished, nerf threads are more productive.
    • Up x 1