Banshee and Ravens nerf were confirmed by Higby Pls, which weapons should be rebalanced next?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MEU2, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Diilicious

I want the Xiphos turret weapon to be rebalanced.

because its shockingly bad at its job.
  2. ronjahn

I see where you are coming from, but I feel that this may be one of the times gameplay balance defeats realism. I would love for this game to have more realistic vehicle damage properties like those described in your post, but unfortunately we are kind of stuck with a standard health pool.

My rationale is based on the idea that HE should be weaker against ESF because it is an AI weapon(ie risk vs reward of various loadouts).
    I am also a proponent of rewarding skill(which is required to shoot down an ESF most of the time) and penalizing poor decisions (ESFs who like to fly extremely low and slow or hover nonchalantly above their target)

I'm also an advocate for a MBT AA gun. We can look at balance again once that's released :)
  3. Zotamedu

It would be better if they were just removed completely and replaced with AA or AV depending on location.
  4. Diilicious

honestly im sure people say that about a lot of weapons, however if it was made viable by actually being decent then the issue with the turret would vanish.

the bullets need to travel faster, it needs to have no cone of fire at all and needs to always have a 360* turning arc.
  5. BarxBaron

I agree about the banshee TTK. It is stupidly short. Then again...airhammer has the same "WTF" potential.

I just have a feeling they are gonna go all ZoE on it when it is nowhere near that ridiculous.

It just needs dmg nerfs.
  6. Zotamedu

Problem is, that based on where they are located, no matter how much you buff them, they will always be useless against infantry because they will have been destroy long before they have any chance of being effective. You would have to place then in add locations where no vehicle have any chance of shooting at them.
  7. TheMercator

Actually the turrets on Hossin seem to be quite good placed and you can actually kill infantry with them, if you are lucky. But often Spear Turrets are much more lethal to infantry, especially for surpression, since the best and most effective surpression is the fear of getting OHKed.
  8. TheMercator

9. Vraccas24

Raven nerf is right, maybe they will stop spamming my headset with their terrible sound...
    Bansshee is ok like it is, just buf Airhammer and canister and everyone is happy
  10. HUDuser

I think my vehicle clearly hitting a person but not killing them should be rebalanced.
  11. JudgeNu

To me Ravens are seemingly a bit OP but with Mags mobility, anything else AV on the ground is useless, especially when there are a spamful of them.
    I don't fight TR much.
    I rarely see many prowlers, but from my experience they are quite accurate and deadly in the right hands and I have been killed by them in my max.
    If they nerf them it will be range damage or RoF.
  12. TheRunDown

Is there a M30 Mustang Nerg to go with that Banshee Nerf?
    Cause the way I see it, the PPA just got nerfed so it's kinda like a Banshee now and without the death with no way to avoid it now with the old PPA..
    If the Banshee gets Nerfed, the M30 Mustang AH will be the only AI ESF weapon that can insta kill and or kill far to easy compared to the PPA and Banshee...

I know Higby is a NC Pro.. (swear filter pun) So I've only ever seen nerfs from him ever be a one sided opinion and lack of combat experience with SAID weapon and always breaks what ever he wants to nerf..
  13. Chaingunner

Sorry, infantry and max. I think if this was implemented SOE could leave the Ravens as they are and everyone would be happy.

Well except some VS that enjoy sitting a hex away destroying vehicles..... :eek:
  14. t31os

Some serious misinformation in this thread.

I'll wait for the changes to hit live(or PTS) and see for myself, thanks.
  15. BarxBaron

That.....is not the forumside way!
  16. Lewk

30k+ kills in ESFs , and i agree with this 100%
  17. Ronin Oni

I can confirm... Banshee is "OP"

I quote that cause it's actually sorta how I feel an AI specific nosegun should be... but w/e... lets just make them all worthless and nerf rocket pods again for good measure.
  18. t31os

I do things my way, not the forumside way.. ;)
  19. Jogido

Not going to agree or disagree in terms of being op...but just wanted to point out that MAX av are usually more effective than Heavy AV. Plus you need to compare it to other MAX AV for more meaning data.

Would agree that the laser guided aspect does make for harder balancing.
  20. \m/SLAYER\m/

Did you ever succeed to hit it rocket?
    • Up x 1