Emerald's Rock Bottom

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CorporalClegg, Oct 7, 2014.

1. LibertyRevolution

Yesterday on emerald global pops at 35%VS/34%TR/31%NC
    Hossin alert, continent pops 49%VS/30%TR/21%NC.

The TR/NC just don't care, they are content to stay on indar and fight each other.
    They know that with even pops, they are going to lose to VS.

Even popped qued esamir alert primetime last night, DA held B at jeagers for an hour against 48 NC.. it was sad..
    The NC didn't even try and clear B, they sat in the tower thinking they could farm DA that would come out of B.
    They just never came out of B, as they are not stupid.. so they manged to hold the line with 2 squads..
    Finally after an hour the NC got organized and cleared B by massing tanks and just spamming B..

The NC then proceed to get themselves farmed like lemmings trying to attack jeagers west for the next hour...
    THEY ARE HOPELESS.

Yall are not going to get any better if you refuse to fight the hard fights..
    I throw myself agasint DA/AC every damn morning, sometime I get to kill a few, sometime they have the high ground and farm me.
    If I didn't at least try, content to sit in a vehicle and spam a spawn room while watching a timer tick down, I would never improve.
    • Up x 1
  2. bladedcross

You seem to complain a lot on these forums, and think you have all the answers. But as long as you keep running solo in a one-man Outfit, you're just as much of the problem as the rest of the NC.

There are a handful of Outfits that go toe to toe with the best that the VS and TR have to offer. We hold our own despite overpops. In a 50/50 fight we'll win 9 times out of 10. And we come to the forums and see people whining about the state of the NC, we can't help but take it a little personally, because things are going great for us. And if people could actually learn to accept some help and work together, they could start having just as much fun.
    • Up x 2
  3. LibertyRevolution

Yeah I have been complaining a lot lately.. you are right about that..
    I feel like I am more competent than most of the guys around me, even though I am a bad, so it is very frustrating.

I have no interest in joining an outfit, I don't like to fallow orders, and I don't like forcing others to do my bidding.
    So yes on that aspect I am part of the problem.

But the people that are in outfits and that don't setup point defense, that just stand around randomly..
    Or attack a base with their members filing through chokepoints single file like lemmings..
    BANGS HEAD AGAINST DESK.

If you are going to be an outfit or a platoon, for the love of god at least play like you know what you are doing...
    You have access to gals that can spawn your platoon onto the point, yet you use a sunderer and walk up a camped staircase...
    Telling your platoon to knock out the gens at a tech plant before allowing them to flip A...
    Telling your platoon to redeploy to the warpgate and get in gals...
    So much of this happens in every open squad I join that I just refuse to bother to join anymore..
    I am better off solo than wasting my time doing useless dumb stuff like this...

Now on your outfits that go toe to toe with VS...
    If you are winning against VS with even pops you are fighting DaPP or similar, so golf clap...
    If you are fighting DA/AC/ZAPS with even pops, you are going to get wrecked, as none of the TR or NC outfits play on that level.

I play all 3 factions pretty evenly, so I have no bias.
    I really have no stake in any of it, as I am the solo random guy..
    I just get tired of seeing my fellow players get led like lambs to the slaughter.. that's all.
    • Up x 1
  4. FireclawX

I think you're both right.
    I've rolled with plenty of awesome NC outfits, and it's kind of sad that the rest of their faction can't get their **** together enough to come support them.
    Huge shout out to Recon Team Six here, their some of the most awesome guys to roll with. We have plenty of fun, AND kick VS ***.

If only the rest of TR and NC could step it up, VS wouldn't have to resort to camping WG's.

Liberty, maybe you should take a look at some of the higher level NC outfits. TIW, RNC6 etc.
    There are quite a few that I would say could go toe to toe with DA/AC/ZAPS
  5. LibertyRevolution

When I compare their stats, they don't seem like an even match to me...
    TIW the best NC has to offer, is a 2.7 outfit, where as the DA/AC/ZAPS are at 3.5...

Don't get me wrong, TIW and RNC6 are competent, as are some others, but they don't play on that win at all cost VS level..
    The VS would kill everyone until they ragequit/unistall if it would give them a victory.. :p

The one guy I have been squading with lately on my NC actually has a RNC6 tag. ;)
    So I like those guys too, at least they understand how the game works.
    • Up x 1
  6. Cuze

I've found the VS to be incredibly annoying to fight during prime-time alerts because of their redeploy-zerg gameplay. I've had multiple times fighting VS in even 12-24 or 24-48 battles where the VS suddenly swarm in with 96+ 66-75% hex pop, wipe the other side out, then vanish as quickly as the came to do the same thing somewhere else. Sure its effective, but by no means is it a fun fight. Lately, I have been fighting TR more just because the fights are so much more fun. You never get the sort of epic brawls with the push and pull that happen on the TR front as you do on the VS front. Also, its amazing how much trash talk the VS can put out when they take a base with a 2:1 or better local population advantage.

Out of curiosity, I just took a look at prime-time alerts on Emerald for the last 2 months using ps2alerts.com.

NC: 7 (20.6%)
    TR: 3 (8.8%)
    VS: 21 (61.8%)
    Draw: 3 (8.8%)
  7. EGuardian1

TR is really deciding who wins alerts nowadays when pop is even. IF they attack NC, then VS is going to win because NC can maybe hold the line against the VS and TR Zergs in 4 96+ battles while TR loses territory to VS. (happened last night on Esamir)

If TR actually balls up and strikes VS, well, depending on how organized the NC is, we'll either all draw, or NC or TR will win. This rarely happens from what i've seen.

It's rage inducing to see four major fronts on your factions line, and 2 small fronts between your enemies fronts.

Also i'm quite certain that EVERYBODY hates NC as much as they hate VS right now.
  8. FireclawX

KDR =/= Winning.
    • Up x 4
  9. Rasui

All the dead people on the point I'm capping would disagree.
  10. Stargazer86

The NC and TR really need to make some sort of minor truce where they agree to team up and bash the VS into a pulpy mess whenever an alert starts. You're right in that if both sides decide to actually fight the spandex menace, they have a much, much better chance at winning. Or at the very least preventing the purple horde from doing so which is all that really matters nowadays.
  11. AdmiralArcher

this sounds like a HMRD Drunk tank evening......
  12. EGuardian1

No, I fly Libs drunk. Surprisingly well too - with a Duster of all things :D

There are really only 3 things that can happen.

1.) Truce and we both push Vanu - This means 'fun' for everyone 'maybe' because of simple numbers. VS gets the good fight they're looking for, and 'maybe' TR and NC have a chance to win an alert.
    2.) Either NC or TR betrays and fights the other, VS takes advantage and ends up winning.
    3.) NC and TR focus on each other completely. VS may win alerts, but they'll be ghost capping and third wheels in TR/NC fights where the yell meta will be all about how VS sucks.
  13. XenoxusPrime

Yet another rant about VS being overpowered.
    I have a solution for you, get some more coordination in your factions and stop relying on zergfits to do the hard work. All i see amongst TR is AOD and 903rd with the occasional Black Widow Company. All i see among NC is Blue Lions and SubGlobal, along with Phoenix Battalion whenever they are actually on to do ops.
    With VS we have Azure Twilight, Vindicators, Ghosts of the Revolution and Solid State Vanu. Also i will point out that yes Dapp and GOKU are horrible but they still get the job done even though it is in ways that we don't really like.
    Where I trying to get at here is Vanu just has more coordination in its ranks then TR an NC does right now, there are plenty of them that have no outfit to play with and bringing them in would help a lot.
    Last you can stop with the VS is OP because of PPA crap, there are so many ways to kill a mag with PPA but instead most people that complain about it are the ones out in the open getting farmed as usual. I can say the same thing about the entire NC max arsenal and vanguard shield or anchored prowlers and banshee mosquito's..
  14. MorganM

I don't know that it's really done on purpose. That is to just smash everything with huge population imbalances. I'm sure most people look at the map and are like "OMG A FIGHT!" and flood in there only to crush them in a tidal wave. Then wonder why there is no counter attack or a fight at the next base.
  15. DK22

look at map, where's my best chance for points?
  16. Paragon Exile

It's actually impossible to do that. After 50% defenders are not allowed to spawn, and they need to be in an adjacent area as attackers

:3
  17. Chaingunner

Yall are funny. The NC and TR working together, this will never happen no matter how hard we try to accomplish this feat.

Last night during the Indar alert 382nd and AOD were bouncing back and forth for two hours from Indar Comm and Indar Ex while pushing on West Highlands and Quartz. We have 96+ fights at both on the VS fronts we had. We took West Highlands twice, only when the NC finally decided to make a push on Scared Mesa and when VS decided to make a push on NC's Tech Plant.

It was not until the end of the alert that the VS went after West Highlands and Indar Comm where we were out poped in a 96+ fight 60/40 that we finally lost the territories. When this happened there were no fights on the VS/NC front at all not even a 1-12. I wish I would have taken a screenshot for everyone because I know there will be naysayers, but whatever it is what it is.
  18. Shatteredstar

Most all the organized outfits so heavy redeploy play especially during alerts. Acting like VS have a monopoly on that play style is being willfully blind.

Do MORE vs outfits do it? Possibly but that is a function of coordination and response.

Unless they remove redeploy and put a long timer on instant action and bring back sanctuary drop ship waiting, either people will need to learn how to prepare for redeploy responses or just an outfit and learn how to manage that gameplay.
  19. Hasteras

Wait...are you suggesting Solid State Vanu is more competent than GOKU?
  20. Kaarl

To the OP: Stop worrying about winning territories and alerts and your experience will improve. Find a group of people who like doing the things in game that are fun for you and do those things. F$&k alerts and territory control.