[Videos] This is how bad the Striker is nerfed

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Halcyon, Sep 29, 2014.

1. NXR1

It would actually do less damage than VS pistols with lower fire rate and less ammo
    • Up x 7
  2. FateJH

Point: your personal opinion of the weapon is a nonexistent factor in regards as to how someone else judges the modified Striker in terms of purchasing potential. You also don't care about modifying the original Striker into an interesting and useful weapon, even if within a niche.
    Your scorn, however, is still biting.
    • Up x 1
  3. Peebuddy

I'm all for AT weapons taking longer to kill but this is ridiculous, and only for Tr.

What the hell
  4. LibertyRevolution

Ok.. now I have to ask.. does anyone know what the TTK to a flash with a beamer is?
  5. Alkezo

The better question would be "Do developers even use the PTS to test weapons?" How do you think the PPA sun balls went to live, even with several reports on the PTS forums with video? Hell, you didn't even have to test the weapon. All you had to do was log in and you'd just giant flashes of light from someone using it in the VR.

But, in seriousness, I like the change to the Striker. It feels like an ESRL rather than a lock-on cut into five pieces. It just needs some improvements. Perhaps a slight projectile speed increase and double the rate of fire (so the user has to stand around about the same amount of time as a Lancer charging up). I think it'd be fun using a rapidly firing rocket launcher. With the faster projectile speed and increased rate of fire, it could compete.
    • Up x 2
  6. K2k4

is the.. is the crossbow faster at killing a flash?
    • Up x 4
  7. Yeahy

People have always said that semi autoing it is better than charge. Especially with ab pods, you can probably hit one or two uncharged shots, but if you're going for the money...167 damage a shot with damage falloff ain't gonna cut it.
  8. Yeahy

Gauss saw is probably better.
  9. Zotamedu

I kind of regret buying the Striker now. I got it a month or so ago when I heard that they were finally changing it to something more interesting than a bad Annihilator. Seems like I should have saved my certs. They should have at least saved the damage from the old one. They only needed to remove to lock on and they could have balanced it around velocity and drop. And maybe some CoF if they made it full auto so you would be punished for spamming it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Halcyon

I see your main is a Vanu.
    ZOE was abused when it was decent. Are you now going to rage about how VS stuff needs useless nerfs to compensate for something that happened 6+ months ago? :rolleyes:

They really shouldn't let children post on these boards.
    • Up x 3
  11. FateJH

With 167@10m and an 80% type resistance to small arms, the Beamer VS3 would take 45 shots at 33 damage per shot to destroy a Flash. Ignoring fire rate, the beamer has 17 shots in a battery and would need to long reload (1.75s) twice on top of however long it takes to empty those two magazines and eleven shots (of the third). Assuming 2.5s for a mag dump, and 2s for the 11 shots, that's going to come to about 10s. If you shoot faster, it will probably shave off a fraction of a second per mag dump or so, so I would assume the ideal TTK is between 8s and 10s.
    2.50 + 1.75 + 2.50 + 1.75 + 2.00 = 10

*regards video in next post*
    Woohoo, math wins again.
    • Up x 1
  12. ARTIFICIALDIFFICULTY

i dunno man the beamer can get a flashlight and rips up infantry pretty good for an anti vehicle weapon
    it doesn't even take up a launcher slot
    • Up x 4
  13. Halcyon

Wow.
    A Vanu pistol kills a flash in the same time as the Striker.

If that doesn't scream "useless" I don't know what does.

*edit*
    It actually killed it in less time. That's even more amazing.
    • Up x 8
  14. Saber15

While we're at it, let's nerf ZOE again, nerf the PPA down to a max range of 30 meters, and nerf the Orion.

That kind of attitude is bad for the game and you know it.
    • Up x 6
  15. LibertyRevolution

I don't really have a "main", I have 6 characters.. 5 on emerald, and my NC has the most playtime...
    When stuff was OP, it gets nerfed into uselessness forever, as it should, please see current ZOE for reference.

Nerf ZOE all they want, no one uses it anyways..
    PPA needs to have its ranged nerfed a lot, I say they give it harsh drop like worse than a bulldog.
    Orion is OP, they should remove the .75 movement speed from it.
  16. Alkezo

To be honest, I never saw the statistics that showed ZOE overperforming. Higby's usage statistics showed that it was being abused but did not show it being OP. Am I saying it wasn't OP? No. I'm just saying I never saw the evidence. I found it hilarious when everyone was so focused on ZOE they completely ignored the fact the 6-shot Saron was OHKing infantry and that **** was OP as ****. Had my gunner running on a 100+ killstreak once. I didn't even see a single Saron OP thread during the ZOE era.
  17. Paragon Exile

Wow.

Guess the TR are getting shafted on all fronts, huh? Too bad. Hope this gets changed for the better.
    • Up x 2
  18. Candarian

where is the problem?
    this thing will be op for sure if u get 10 or 20 other player together
    it works like u have seen with the lancersquads
  19. Paragon Exile

Even if that's true (it isn't) then the TR are still getting shafted because the NC and VS can do better with the Phoenix and lancer.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zotamedu

The problem is that those 10-20 players would be more effective with any other launcher in the game with the current DPS.
    • Up x 6