Opinions on Mattherson/Waterson Merge?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spacedad

You keep making me repeat myself. How does tking people who had nothing to do with the initial tking 'finish' anything. If anything that just starts more bad blood.

Next time you get tked by one of ours, take it up with that individual. We don't tk entire outfits because one or two people screwed up or were being jerks and you shouldn't either.

Edit: Better yet, contact our outfit leads next time you have a beef with the behavior of our members.
  2. Paragon Exile

I killed one guy who was shooting my outfit mate. I don't pretend to justify any actions outside of that.

Good standard. Try to remind your guys of that next time.
  3. WyrdHarper

Thanks, I'll try to bring it up at this week's meeting. Afaik we don't have any officers or leaders who play early mornings, and we only have a few who generally play earlier in the day. Regular members require an officer or higher present if they want to lead a public platoon as per our SOP to ensure quality, so it seems like something slipped through here. We are generally very much against zerging since we like good fights, and we censure PL's if they do zerg a lot, since it also brings down individual player skill level. I'll try to work on finding out what's going on during off-hours to see if we can improve things, though not surprisingly you're going to find our better leaders on during primetime.
  4. LibertyRevolution

Oh mattherson.. if only your server had as much drama as this thread.
    Mattherson is totally winning at forumside though. :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Epic High Five

Holy crap did all of your characters get deleted or something because of this? Just take it to the PTS have a great big orgy of TKing if it's so troublesome.

Liberator dies? Game is a bit better. As ever the gentle members of somethingisawful.corn are merely shepherding the internet toward the best possible outcomes, albeit kicking and screaming at times.
    • Up x 1
  6. Spacedad

It looks like vindicore has taken care of things so let's consider this matter closed for now. Bottom line is - try not to tk, and if someone does tk you, take it up with them or talk to their outfit leads rather than condemn the whole outfit. Thanxbye.
  7. Paragon Exile

I distinctly remember seeing Goons suicide ganking freighters in Jita (Eve Online).

Good times.
  8. Negator

I hope that goes both ways.
  9. Paragon Exile

10. Spacedad

We're addressing it, so there's no need to speculate. ;)
  11. Epic High Five

None of that makes any sense to me, but seeing as outright cheating and exploiting was literally encouraged in EvE I can't imagine anybody playing in an e-honourabuuuuu manner stuck with the game so long.

Anyway, what's wrong with that? If they aren't allies they're enemies, especially in EvE where even your allies are enemies, and if it's possible to kill them for your profit it should absolutely be undertaken. It seems like it's well in line with the noble purposes of your average goon, as forcing people to ragequit because they put no effort into defending themselves means they may never log in again, which is the only winning condition in EvE
  12. Paragon Exile

I'll say it in common parlance; Jita a big trade hub with a large number of big cargo freighters carrying around hundreds of real dollars worth of cargo. Suicide gankers come in with expendable ships to kill them, and they in turn get gutted by CONCORD (the police) while their allies in larger ships come to sift through the wreckage.

It's quite the elegant system.

That's why I like the Goons/Something Awful. They're so committed to being the bad guys they actually end up being the good guys.
  13. Epic High Five

You either die a good guy, or live long enough to become a goon [IMG]
  14. Spacedad

The difference being that we're usually PLAYING bad-guys rather than actually being bad guys. :confused:

We're baaad baaad baaad. :D
  15. Posse

Where's your e-bushido man?
  16. Epic High Five

I left it in my other fedora :(
  17. Aesir

Let me sum this up in one thing ...

... like really, if things continue like they do for now in 3-4 years we will see a new Gemini anyway.
  18. BOOKEN

Waterson already has queue's. Atleast a few times a week. Why on earth would you people be pushing this merger?

Are you wanting to sit in a queue forever?

Oh I see. You guys want to have a 200vs200 3 hr circle jerk in a biolab. Idiot farmers.

Or is it you rather have 200 tank zergs instead of 50?

None of you are thinking about this very clearly......
  19. Interlude

There's a queue on Indar for 2 hours once a week guys, It's not like there are 2 other continets and one more to come. We want to keep ghostcapping, please don't imbalance the servers.
  20. Morchai

I don't know if a merger would be a good thing for the server as a whole, but I'd probably be happy with one. But, my reasons are selfish. I have probably the worst ISP on the planet and every evening during 'prime time' hours my bandwidth tanks down into dialup territory. Any change that actually improved the population during morning and afternoon hours when my internet is actually functioning well enough to play would be good for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.