Opinions on Mattherson/Waterson Merge?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devrailis

I don't support server mergers, but my opposition to server mergers has nothing to do with who is in this server or that server.

That being said.

It amuses me to no end that in a game which sells itself on its massive scale, there are players who are so opposed to this game realizing its massive scale.

12 v 12 death match shooters are a dime a dozen.
  2. VSDerp

queue for what? the ONE continent that has an alert on it? what about the other 2 or soon to be 3 ??
    • Up x 3
  3. BOOKEN

I take it you are assuming that my opinion meant I prefer CoD or even battelfield gameplay style... If so that can't be farther from the truth. Never even played them.

I was simply stating that zerging is already a big enough problem without a merge. Air spam is a big enough problem. Lattice didn't help either. Throw in another server an it gets worse, way worse.

50 vs 50 in a biolab.... cool..

200 vs 200 in a biolab.... Just a bunch of button mashing.... CoD style....
  4. BOOKEN

Yes that ONE continent. That ONE continent that is locked because everyone wants to play on it. The other players are left out.

During an alert and we have a continent locked, during prime time, the other 2 continents usually have healthy pop. Esamir lacks since Amerish revamp, but I personally do not see a problem with pop, except late late night hours.

And you mean HOSSIN????..... which will be locked for a month straight or longer after it goes live? Even without a merge HOSSIN will be locked A LOT. If you never want to get in on HOSSIN or an alert for that matter, vote merge.....
  5. RoyAwesome

Yeah you are. Jeeze your outfit is friends with the reddit outfit.
  6. Levtech

yes although then I would have to choose if I want to keep my koolblade or levtech character... on the bright side all my old mattherson friends would be back, also we would finally have better numbers in a server smash vs connery
  7. Levtech

theres always the TR's GALM to keep waterson skies safe
  8. Timithos

We wouldn't even be discussing the phrase "server merge" if they ran this game with fewer bugs and optimization problems. Look what's happening to Briggs with the server-side issues. It's disintegrating before their eyes.
    • Up x 1
  9. BaronVonVirtu

As much as I would enjoy the tears of Waterson as they're forced to march to Mattherson, it is not their time yet.
  10. LIKE A BOSS!

Dude......THAT SOUNDS FUN!
  11. LIKE A BOSS!

Destroy your sig with fire.
  12. Herby20

There is enough good pilots on both Mattherson VS and TR to make it difficult for QRY to just sweep over anything and everything. Additionally, flying on Indar sucks. Amerish 4 Life.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dead soldier

Hell yes! I <3 Amerish so much, but fights are getting pretty boring or we have no resources because NC feel like having +300 everything and Vanu and TR are like INDAR!
  14. ViXeN

And yet most of the time the server is almost dead. On Connery, you can hop on the game at pretty much any random time and find a lot of big battles. On Waterson you are lucky to find one. I rarely even play on Waterson anymore because of the lack of big battles.
  15. Diodeone

So, like I said before. If you want to merge then merge Waterson with Connery and let Matherson waste away. The only people whining and bumping this are on MATHERghoStOwN
  16. ViXeN

Why the heck would you want to merge Connery? It already has a big population so the queues would be horrible if you added Waterson. And its west coast, while waterson is east coast so that makes no sense. People want to merge Mattherson and Waterson because they are both east. I don't see what the problem is here.
    • Up x 5
  17. Diodeone

Not everyone wants the merge and posting and bumping this thread a thousand times is not going to change that. Most of Matherson are just 4th faction players not dedicated to one side or the other whereas Waterson players are more dedicated to picking a side than playing 4th faction.
  18. VSDerp

how do you know? yes we do switch factions sometimes to help with pops. i don't see nothing wrong with playing all factions on the same server.
    • Up x 3
  19. Gustavo M

Merge Waterson and Mattherson.
    Rename to Jaeger.
    /thread
    • Up x 2
  20. Epic High Five

You're a crazy person. I certainly have TR and VS alts and of course I have some on Mattherson because honestly, Connery is a vacation spot and every other server is just a Bad Mattherson.

Why you assume I'd ever give up the NC's selection of weapons for the anemic and/or boring ones of the TR or VS I can't understand though

You're a crazier person. Like, 80% of this thread by volume is Waterson players quaking in their boots at the thought of having to deal with GOOOOONNNNSSSSSS!!!! :shakes fist: or Mattherson outfits in general.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.