Light Assault class its banned from competitive gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by terranhawk, Apr 21, 2014.

1. terranhawk

In its current state the class is only good for solo playing and baling out of your ship to avoid death,in my outfit they are not allowed in any squad,whenever i join i serious open squad i often hear leaders telling people who is light assault to change class or be kicked,watching competitive gameplay like this community clash tournament you can see that there is no light assaults.....https://www.youtube.com/user/ps2commclash

Heavy assault seems to be a better combat option when it comes to serious play and all other classes seem to have a role in a squad because they have tools that helps other teamates or in case of the HA let them deal with vehicles and maxes at range but Light assault doesnt,so please devs in the upcoming LA update give the class something so they will be wanted in a squad,dual wielding its cool and all but we need something that make us wanted in any squad....
    • Up x 7
  2. SuperMedicated

Just... i have to say something but the forum rules won't allow it, anyways your topic is useless and wrong, LA is the AI class and is also the one maxes and sundies should fear most.
    • Up x 18
  3. Llaf

Well, LA can still do something no one else can, fly. One good LA can harass pretty effectively provided they don't over-extend, and LA's in large numbers can take out hard targets pretty consistently with C4, one LA is less consistent but everyone knows and hates "that one random LA".

- A Light Assault convert
    • Up x 10
  4. SuperMedicated

Well, they can take my life, but they can't take my FREEEDOOOOOOOOOM JETPACK!

If you make a 48 man zerg with LAs you can get awesome results, i've tried it when i had an outfit on mattherson and played as VS

also LA is more of a tactical support class, you can hide on high places in generator rooms and shoot enemies, or distract infantry by flanking and killing them
    • Up x 4
  5. terranhawk

Im not saying that the class is bad or something i use it and i have a lot of fun and kills with it what i was trying to say is that they dont seem to fill a role in a competitive squad,thats why good outfits atleast on my server and from watching those videos i linked DONT use this class but they use all the others,and the AI class is the MAX.....
  6. Nightosi

Remove C4 from LA, and only allow em to use betty AI. for the rest LA = fine. apart from Look a Tank > sneak > Fly over it > drop C4 > BOOM > Lol im awsome move. its just stupid as hell
    • Up x 1
  7. Winfield

I'm sorry, but good LAs can be extremely effective.

You're just flat out wrong.

EDIT1: Speaking from PAL pre-season experience
    • Up x 7
  8. Titan6

Having LA on the roof tops or trees is a very good tactic. They're also the best/second best class for flanking. Depending on what you plan on doing, sometimes the Infiltrator does better.

My Outfit uses them pretty heavily when needed.
  9. terranhawk

Infil with the new cloak its 100 times better for doing that they can keep busy some guys with flashlights for quite a while in a point....
  10. Gammit

Post is awful (find a new outfit), subject is worse.
    • Up x 5
  11. Llaf

+1 I've been that LA, as well as on the receiving end of em' plenty enough.
  12. terranhawk

I agree with you all but still dont understand why they are so hated in most of the outfits/squads i play....
  13. z1967

Silly them. As an LA I can pick and choose targets, even taking them out with weapons as embarrassing as the Trac-5 Burst. They can get into shotgun range no problem and deliver C4 to any target anywhere (except up in the air :\). Maybe not the best class, but it has far more value than they are giving it. Its a flanking class, you cannot go head to head with this class against any other class and expect to win.
  14. terranhawk

I mean watch any of the videos of that youtube channel i linked NONE of the outfits wich are supposed to be the best of EU and AU uses this class....i would like to hear the explanation from one of those outfits,maybe because if they go to roofs they will die and cant be rezz so they just lose one man or who knows why but you have to agree with me that is weird that none use them,,,,
    • Up x 1
  15. Rougen

Light assault not wanted?

It's instrumental in quick kills on enemy AMS's with C4, for getting quickly over walls / rocks and cliff edges and dispatching AMS's. Why would you think they are not wanted? They can flank enemy positions so much quicker than any other class by bypassing hills and obstacles to give your force an advantage or confuse / panic the enemy. C4ing positions held by max's, again from above is a great help.

They are also great for getting above positions that are heavily fortified with defences or supressed by infils. The LA can easily get move around and above their position to provide death from above. It's the only class you can get to many strategic positions on the map to assist the squad in getting to their objective, coupled with a decent weapon and load out they can be very useful in a squad.

Biolabs are a killzone for LA's, and can easily suppress enemy positions almost single handed allowing other members of the squad to push forward in the enemies confusion.

LA can also get on point quicker than most others, go through windows, over walls and barricades, if your squad is playing properly then you can cap multiple points at the same time by sending the right people to do their job, and covering each others positions by overlooking them.

If a squad strictly says no LA or you get kicked, then I am sorry but they must be playing like noobs. What if they are playing smart with AA and your air gets taken out? Or they are constantly battering your armor? I guess your squad want all the heavies with anti-veh or other class with C4 to spend hours trying to run around mountains on the map or run stupidly in a direct line and get farmed? Doesn't sound very smart to me.

While it is true, LA are more independent from the squad in terms of their position and or location, there is a time and place for them that really can turn the tide of any battle. I've lost count of the amount of times we've flagged an AMS / armor providing grief or someone else has flagged it and we quickly dispatched a couple of LA's to take out the problem position and armor within seconds. Without the LA's doing this, many more people would get farmed and a ton of time would have been wasted!

The only reason I can think of that some squads may not want them is for Max crashes and other tactics, as they want MAX > ENG > Medic for such pushes or heavies to handle the AA and AV from other positions, but still, ruling out LA just seems stupid to me, such a useful tool at any squad or platoons disposal.
    • Up x 1
  16. Stunsho0ter

I've played LA in REBR vs MERC but only for destroying enemy sundies (2xLA = 100% destroyed sundy)
    Also if squad leader want to put a good beacon he use LA, and if there is good placed beacon U also need LA to destroy it.
    Also LA is better in getting behind enemy lines and destroying important targets with C4, or killing infiltrators.
    • Up x 1
  17. CrashB111

LA would actually be extremely effective in competitive play because they have the most mobility, and mobility is always king.

They have good weapon selection, C4, and can outflank in the most ways.
    • Up x 1
  18. SuperMedicated

actually i do go head to head with heavy assaults when i can't flank them, just aim to the head and get the "surprise madafaka" advantage and you'll win, I end doing that more for the ***** and giggles, imagine how awesome to know you gave a heavy assault the frustation of losing on a direct combat even given the fact that he was using a shield
  19. -MJ12-

Well some outfits and outfit leaders are just plain stupid, I suggest you join a better outfit if your leader is like that.
    I just imagine how those squads would look like.

LA: "Leader, the sunderer is behind a rock, I will C4 it."
    Leader: "What? Why are you LA? Switch classes, we will wait for Air support!"
    LA: "But they have Burster MAXes, can I at least C4 them?"
    Leader: "No, we will wait until they are outnumbered."

LA: "There is a spawn beacon on that roof, I got it."
    Leader: "Are you stupid? Switch classes! Everyone: I need 24 people to throw grenades on that roof!"

And so on
    • Up x 7
  20. terranhawk

its not my opinion i agree with you and the others here i just was shocked when i saw those videos that is the only class not used in a super serious competitive match and i was saying that this class need something to make them a MUST have in any squad right now its optional/replaced by HA
    • Up x 1
  21. Terrex

Fairies are bad.
    • Up x 1