Tired of aircrafts domination.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Kristan

Why for "altering my gamestyle" I have to learn how to handle an ESF that has huge skill gap, making almost impossible to become a good pilot because there are tons of high end pilots that not giving a chance for me and I will learn nothing? For how much I will have to learn? Months?

Why I can't have an effective G2A weapon instead? The weapon that works, the weapon that kills. The weapon that not going to just shoo enemy away.
  2. Monkeydmomo

Well then let's add a third seat to the mbt. Wouldn't that be interesting?
  3. Kristan

Real A2A combat is one fighter shooting a missile at the other fighter that 30 km away from it. That fighter dodges and shooting flares. Yaaay, fascinating and fun!

Not a single A2A combat happens at the range closer than 2 km. It's not a Top Gun movie.
    • Up x 1
  4. Monkeydmomo

You sound like the unoriginal lazy human being, always want the easy way out. Do you sit on your toilet as you play this video game and have your wife hand you bagged sandwiches because it's such a hassle to get up.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kristan

And you sound like an arrogant person.

All I'm saying that there is gap in roles. Gap in combined arms balance. That gap is G2A. Tanks can kill tanks and infantry. Infantry can kill tanks and other infantry. Air can kill tanks, infantry and air. But for some reason tanks and infantry are bad at killing air! That's what I'm talking about.
  6. Monkeydmomo

And this isn't mission impossible, you're not Tom Cruise lone wolfing the world.
    • Up x 3
  7. Kristan

Why not? Other game options allowing me to.
  8. xXGenesisXx

- At 90%+ Hp no i don't think so .
    - I didn't notice but even if yes composite Armor is not an i win upgrade . Not to familiar with Liberator abilities but isn't composite armor come in place of auto repair ? Because i saw him auto repairing earlier.
    - He was pretty low . That's why i managed as i said to hit most of the rounds.
    - No not that i noticed . At least not in vs Infantry / vs tank battles. So unless Liberators have an additional ability of causing lag to who ever fires at them then no.

Also its not the first time i see the uselessness of AA against Liberator . If you look at my posts i mentioned when i was in my skyguard and got attacked by a Lib that got so low he rammed my tank and slammed in to the ground in front of me all while i was spraying him at 20 m distance . He killed me 4 sec later while flying away with 75% hp .
    • Up x 1
  9. Monkeydmomo

It's difficult in real life and in any game. This is no huge surprise.
  10. Monkeydmomo

Other games give you three option not this one. As a matter of fact how about you write them a letter consisting of your whining and see if they send you a box of chocolates.
  11. Kristan

Tell me about it when at PS1 AA MAXes had guided missiles that were able to reach aircrafts at their flight ceiling and cause noticeable damage. :rolleyes:
  12. Monkeydmomo

Btw if I'm arrogant then you must be a hypocrite for stating that.
  13. MykeMichail

I wouldn't say that aircraft are dominating everything. The biggest problem I see is people who won't leave the spawn room for more than 10 seconds at a time are easy targets for a Liberator bombing their spawn.

If you're suppressed in your spawn room by a Liberator, follow these 3 simple steps:

1. Make friends with an engineer.
    2. Hit your redeploy button with your new friend.
    3. Deploy at the base nearest to the one the Liberator is attacking and walk to a position where you can engage it.

A single heavy, with a single engineer supplying him, who aren't being directly focused by the Liberator, is generally more than enough to scare a Liberator away. This should give time for people suppressed in the spawn room to get out, and spread out with some more concentrated air defence.

Edit: That being said, I think that the range nerf on lock ons was completely unnecessary, especially when combined with the increased lock times due to distance. One of the other would've been fine, both is a little over kill.
    • Up x 1
  14. Monkeydmomo

That was PS1, and this is PS2. If you want a game that is the same copy of it's predecessor with a different skin go play COD.
  15. Guppet

It's funny, it seems like lots of people have not seen any footage of modern war. Auraxis is supposed to be even more advanced.

In current warfare, air power is what decides most things. The pilots have to be highly skilled, more so than any other soldier (maybe except special forces). Real life AA has very very limited sucess. The vast majority of planes make it back unscaved having eliminated their target.

But for some reason, just for gameplay, this advanced world should have rubbish aircraft that get destroyed most of the time.

I'm pretty bad in the air and even I see that air should be the high skill ceiling part of the game. Everyone takes a beating while they learn to box, you can't just jump in with the heavy weights, you have to learn the discapline.
    • Up x 2
  16. Kristan

You misunderstood. In this game I'm able to be effective as lone wolf at most of situations except for G2A.

I mean there are lone wolfs ESFs for example who kill everything on sight, tanks, ESFs, infantry... whatever! Ever heard of Daddy? There are lone wolfs infiltrators that kills people like whole squad until they run out of ammo and still killing with a knife.
  17. Monkeydmomo

Unfortunately players in this game lack the ability to critically think although it was taught to them since their youth.
  18. Kristan

That sound ironic since PS2 is CoD and BF ripoff. :rolleyes:
  19. Monkeydmomo

Daddy? You mean the guy who has a whole fan club of minions that bend over and spread their *** cheeks at his will?
    You've lost this argument argument, I'm done.
  20. Monkeydmomo

Yes, except it's free. You also have the option to invest in it or not.