Tired of aircrafts domination.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. WyrdHarper

I know many people who enjoy using skyguard--heck, I have a Syguard Operator who can give Jaamaaw/Friednug a run for their money, whom you may recognize as one of the best liberator crews in the game worldwide. Since the last update I haven't noticed much of a difference in the air either, although I play on a server where people aggressively pull AA all the time. A 2/3 person group of skilled coordinated players is going to beat your solo "lone wolf" style always, whether they are on the ground or in the air. You seem to just be making up excuses as to why you can't play with a team without offering any real suggestions to improve the game.

People think "Lone Wolf" sounds cool, forgetting that without the pack, they die.
  2. Monkeydmomo

Fine I want my esf to fly at 680+ km/h like a real jet fighter but that won't happen.
  3. Kristan

Excuse me? If game crashes that Devs fault! They can't fix memory leaks that causing said crashes. I'm a customer, I pay for this product! But it happen to be flaws in the product. And when this happens you go and take said product to manufacturer to get money back or to fix it! I still hope for the second.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kristan

Good luck hitting anything and watch out for Indar cacti. :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Riddlley

What bothers me is that he's insisting the game changes because he is unwilling to change his play style. I don't understand this broken logic. It takes a team to operate a liberator. This business of taking one down by yourself is silly.
    • Up x 1
  6. Monkeydmomo

Custome? Ha, I wipe my *** with customers at my own store especially when they arrive on their high horse. You're not the only one who plays and pays for this game. I also think Sony can afford washing the floor with your huge ego especially after all their success.
  7. DxAdder

People need to either pull more AA vehicles or MAX's or GtA launchers.

Making existing AA stronger would be the death of ESF's, can you image if we had PS1's Sky Guard's running around ?
  8. Monkeydmomo

The air ceiling cap is 1000m above sea level, there aren't any cacti that are that tall. What makes you think I have to fly at ground level to blast anything?
  9. Flashtirade

Welcome to a Kristan thread.
  10. Monkeydmomo

Or how about the pre nerf striker? Nobody in the Tehran Republic faction was complaining about air superiority, why? The ground units didn't have to worry because everybody owned the popular empire specific launcher, with that the other factions population began to dwindle.
  11. Kristan

It's not the game style that is broken. That is Lib pilots adapted to give no sh*t for G2A weaponry, because it happen not to be effective.
    • Up x 1
  12. Emotitron

A buff to lib survivability needed to come with a nerf to damage output imo.

While I do think the people complaining about Libs exaggerate like mad (I've been having a blast shooting down all of the lib cert pinatas flying around since the patch), the infantry only crowd of course was going to be outraged that an aircraft got a buff.

Libs did need a buff to the ability to take some punches, because they were being denied access to larger fights. You couldn't even get within render range of AA turrets before they were already lighting you up - however...

Two things I think need to be adjusted for:
    • Libs damage output needs a slight reduction (especially vs infantry because raining death on casual players isn't good for the longevity of the game)
    • Libs should be slower to repair, so that awesome bombing run that got you some 15 kills needs to be followed by more down time. Smaller ammo pools also works toward this end.
    Giving libs access to 48+ battles finally is good, but they can't be loitering long in that environment.
  13. minhalexus

XD

Many of my outfit members get client crashes or intense lag that makes them restart the client.

Maybe you are in an inconsiderate outfit. 30-60 minutes is a pretty long time, you usually dont get kicked or removed if you return soon. (heck even the game doesnt remove you from the squad if you relog in like 5 mins)

Get teamspeak, and tell your squad mates, that you got a client crash, if they still remove you then they are probably one of the bad outfits.

No sir you are not forced to be a lonewolf.
    • Up x 1
  14. Apples

-Did you consider they may have popped fire suppression?
    -Did they have composite armor?
    -What range were you firing from? Even bursters have reduced damage at enough distance.
    -Do you experience lag issues frequently? Lag issues can give you a hit red reticule without it actually registering.
  15. Monkeydmomo

It's a flying tank getting hit by a lock on weapon that's easy to fire that everybody has access too. The same way you can't kill a ground tank with a lock on launcher in two hits you can't do the same with an air tank unit. It's balanced.
  16. axiom537

There is balance you just refuse to except it, because you do not want to have to alter your play style and pull the necessary Air vehicles to defend your ground troops. Ground has plenty of effective AA weapons. However, the MOST effective counter, especially high flying liberators is another Air craft, either AA ESF's or another Dalton/Shedder Liberator, because it is those vehicles that have the same speed, mobility and characteristics that allow them to more effectively engage those targets. The issue again comes down to "YOU" you do not have the skill to fly an air vehicle, as you have indicated, nor do you wish to learn. So again, this is a "YOU" Problem...
    • Up x 1
  17. Goden

You forgot one crucial factor here:

The damage output of a Lib is nowhere even close to that of a tank. There isn't much in this game that can put out the same amount of firepower as a crewed Liberator. This firepower has gone up tenfold now that the tail-gunner can look down fully.
  18. axiom537

/agree

In fact I just created a post about that exactly...

AA-MBT Variant
  19. Kristan

And so what you gonna do at such altitude? You won't be able to hit ground units, you're too fast. You won't be able to dogfight with other ESF's, they're too fast too. Real A2A combats are boring and happen on huge ranges. Currently, you don't have such weaponry. And won't have it, because of rendering range.
  20. Monkeydmomo

Air units, aces don't waste their time dealing with ground. If I wanted to I'd be diving and slowing down the same way it's done in bf3. Real A2A combat isn't boring to me that's your own opinion. That can be adjusted.