Kill cam coming to game soon, then akimbo smgs

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by sustainedfire, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Phyr

Hit indicators don't change on headshots. If you shoot me in the back of the head, I know you were behind me. If you don't move I will be able to find you. And lets not forget tracers.
    • Up x 1
  2. Wobberjockey

again. why should have a line DRAWN EXACTLY TO MY POSITION.
    the hit indicator doesn't tell you if i was 5, 50, or 300m away from you. that's a hell of a lot of territory to cover. nor does it give you an exact line, it gives you about a 10 degree cone.

should i have a line drawn to my position when you walk over my mine?

tell me why should i even BOTHER with hit markers now that every time i die i'll have a line drawn to the exact spot i was killed from?
    this isn't an arena shooter. this is a game where flanking matters. if you can't see how an organized outfit would use this information to destroy any flanking attempt, even by another organized outfit... then just go back to farming at the crown
    • Up x 3
  3. Flapatax

I believe someone said this wouldn't affect silenced weapons.

Even still, it means the guy you're shooting at doesn't see you on the minimap until after you killed him.

What, you think certs entitle you to kills?
  4. Wobberjockey

i think that if i spent 5-7 minutes flanking a battle, i think that i shouldn't have that advantage nullified by killing a single person who, OOPS happened to be in an outfit run platoon.
    i should have to screw up first, like by missing a shot, failing to kill someone i wounded. failing to notice the infiltrator attempting to counter snipe me.

A clean kill should not be a failure condition for stealth and flanking ops.
    • Up x 6
  5. Phyr

An organized outfit wont need this to destroy a flanking attempt. The only people who will be hurt by this are the lone wolf camping snipers. And for those people, they should see this as an opportunity to raise the skill ceiling.
    • Up x 1
  6. Phazaar

If you're able to see that hit indicator, know exactly the direction you were facing relatively speaking, and accurately calculate the trajectory of the incoming shot to even a 10% margin for error, you're looking at ~28350m^2 to search and find your shooter. If by some inhuman ability you managed it with a 1% margin for error, it's still 2835m^2.... If you were blessed with a 100% accurate guess, you've still got a 300 metre long run to check whether your killer has simply relocated or potentially get your revenge.

The system on PTS gives you approx 10m^2 to search, and an exact position to search to confirm whether your target has relocated or not (the position may be 300 metres away, but if it's only 50m, you have no element of doubt requiring an extra 250m run as with the current system). If you really think there's no difference here, you're absolutely deluded.
    • Up x 4
  7. Phyr

You don't need to know the exact position, only the general area, based on the weapon used. It requires a small bit of brain power, I confess, which may be too difficult for most players.
    • Up x 2
  8. Wobberjockey

raise the skill ceiling huh?

i'm sorry i'm still banging my head on the fact that everyone has darklight flashlights, flashes with scout radar, ESF's with scout radar, and a crossbow with motion sensors to find us.
    and now you're going to give them an EXACT SPOT to start looking.

even if i was a stalker cloak, the ESF and flash would find me if i stood perfectly still and did not uncloak.

you want to raise the skill ceiling? remove 1/2 the counters to infiltrators and see the terror we could wreak on auraxis
    this is nothing more than a kneecapping to anyone who prefers to use their brains instead of twich reflexes
    • Up x 3
  9. Phazaar

As stated, that general area is more than a couple dozen thousand square metres even if you're good at the direction bit. You can then try to infer from weapon to close that down - if you're OHK with a headshot from a bolt action, you probably don't need to search within 50m, but beyond that, you can't be certain, and are working on instinct and hope.

Once again, why remove this 'small bit of brainpower' and replace it with a guaranteed revenge kill every time, and a guarantee that even a clean kill results in a failed flanking attempt? It's nonsensical; it's not raising the skill ceiling, it's removing an entire skill curve in favour of the game handing you free COD-kills.
    • Up x 2
  10. libbmaster

Okay, this is a little more informative than the example on the roadmap, which just consisted of a line that passed through your killer's position... at some point. (It didn't tell you where).

I guess I am against this, because it would make flanking more difficult, especially against coordinated outfits with coms. (Although that is already a difficult task). As a consequence, life would get harder for infils and LAs, two classes that need to flank and strike from the shadows to remain relevant/effective.

What I would like to see is the Minimap show up in the death screen, even if it doesn't show you your killer. That would be very useful.

Also, is it possible to have this discussion without everyone having an aneurism and gnashing their teeth about "console players and casuals"?

It contributes nothing to the discussion and makes it harder for you to get your ideas take seriously by the devs.
    • Up x 1
  11. Wobberjockey

Quick!
    you just got shot from behind while on a tower at an amp station
    i'm using a silenced parallax! was i 25m away,100m, 225m, or 300m?
    • Up x 5
  12. Phyr

It's only a guaranteed kill if the "flanker" is dumb enough to sit still for <30 seconds or more. You could even take advantage of this by luring people into situations that disadvantage them, and score another kill. If you're flanking to get easy kills, then you've given up all secrecy as soon as you made the first kill regardless of kill cams or not. Dumb players will still be dumb.
  13. Phyr

If you're outside the base, I'll just ignore you, since you aren't helping your team anyway.
  14. doombro

what dude? you don't want to be 420MLG? Isn't this what the community has been asking for? I thought MLG was good for the game and the community guys.

YOU ASKED FOR THIS.
  15. Botji

Isnt this was hit markers are for?

If you get killed before you are able to spot where the enemy is you just have to deal with it, they did good and shouldnt be punished for it. Isnt it enough of an advantage that you know aprox where they were and how many they were?
    • Up x 3
  16. DeadliestMoon

People keep saying tracers, which is fine to follow back if you happen to be still alive. But you dont see tracers when you get OHK'd unless they shoot you from the front.
  17. DeadliestMoon

You wont know peoples aproximate location without a killcam, because currently people dont stay in one place for you to come back to get them. Or at least they arent suppose to.
  18. UberBonisseur

Your friends see it.
    Let me pull this absolutely accurate situation from my ****:

Before:
    "I got shot by a sniper, you guys saw it ?"
    "Coming from the west, can't see him"
    "Another shot, spotted !"

After:
    "I got shot by a sniper, let me die so we know where he is"
    "I'll revive you"

Now replace sniper by A2A nest and AV turrets.
    You're not making guesses here, you've got a 100% accurate location.

Teamplay and communication yada yada.
    • Up x 5
  19. DeadliestMoon

No one is going to intentionally die just to find out where a sniper is, thats just hyperbole. Also, "friends" would imply that you know that person outside of the game. The people you are in an outfit with are associates.
  20. UberBonisseur

With 1 second revive times on the med tool and zero consequences for dying hell I will.
    • Up x 4