Scheduled Maintenance February 27th, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Mormomboy

You got a "sniper rifle" TR got a... SOAS-20 reskin.
  2. Vanon

At least you got a copy of a working gun.
  3. Mormomboy

in order to acquire secret information.

Alright, lets take away their guns, and let them gather intel...
  4. Mormomboy

Would you pay for a reskin of a 250 cert gun? That by the way is less effective at every range?
    • Up x 1
  5. Mormomboy

I have been complaining about what they are doing on the test server, but SOE just does not care. That change to the RailJack was not in the Test Server. What is the point of a test server if they are going to change it and release it without testing it.
  6. Noktaj

Aaaand suddenly it's sniperside all over again.
  7. Mormomboy

I have to argue on the Lancer, it at least has incredibly fast projectile speed, and can be reasonably predicted and is being fired at large objects.

TR for that got a lock on that says hey, I am aiming at you, you should probably move because even the slightest bump in terrain will destroy all 5 rockets coming your way.

Our new sniper is a reskin of one of our worst scout rifles...

We all got screwed lol.
    • Up x 1
  8. Vanon

I'm glad you find joy in other factions being crapped on. Though i'm pretty sure lancers are used to hit vehicle's, not heads from 150-300m. Now if this new sniper rifle did 1/10th of the damage the lancer does to armor i wouldn't complain.
  9. Mormomboy

By the way, I am testing it right now, the speed of prjecile more than compensates for that moment of charge at long range, and holly masive ammo mag batman.
  10. Mormomboy

LOL I got a no scope headshot first try at 100 meters with rail jack, and second try got a body shot. HAHAHA
  11. Vanon

Perhaps it's time for the community to stop trying to get the other faction nerfed, and come together to try to get all three factions good sniper rifles that everyone likes. It seems to me that people think more of "i'll be facing this" then "I'll be using this". TR are in the same boat as us. a good gun on paper, in the field it sucks. In all honesty i kinda like the VS sniper. I still think you should be able to charge the first shot while cloaked.
  12. chrisarn94

Does everyone in a faction get the same sets of rewards for the Class Quiz? I'm NC and I got a one day xp boost, the "Cell" camo, and a class specific weapon.
    Also, I really wish we could get at least a day's notice for what's in there updates, instead of 5-7 hours.
  13. Vanon

You gotta try it on human targets. The flaws start to really show when your dealing with someone who moves once in a while. Compared to all top tier sniper rifles the actual lead time is about 50% more as well. The clip is stupid, as i would rather they go back to the 4 round mag and remove the delay. 10 shots vs 4 is not that huge on a bolt action that gives the option to stealth and reload.
  14. Vanon

Yea, and you get an option to change what your getting at the end.
  15. Phips55

can i get my single camo for my armor back, its gone and i cant get it back
  16. Mormomboy

That is why I said... "We all got screwed lol."
  17. chrisarn94

I saw that I could change the weapon, but I was more wondering if we all get the same camo
  18. Mormomboy

I logged into my NC BR 10 character that I pretty much solely use for testing weapons, and it gave me the survey with no option I could see to skip it for this character. Now my NC character got the free stuff and I can't do that on my main. That is pretty stupid, can I get it reset and taken away please so I can use other character.
    • Up x 1
  19. ObsidianSoul

No, they really aren't that fast. The charge up is basically the same thing as reloading BEFORE firing and destroys your aim anyway. They're only useful for sniping stationary vehicles. And even then, a third of your shots will miss because there's no zoom, it's clumsy to aim, and it autofires.

It's more or less exactly like trying to hit enemy infantry at 100m+ with a sniper at 1.0x magnification.

If the target is large enough (i.e. close enough) to be hit with the Lancer/Vortex with minimal problems then you're better off using any of the other launchers anyway which has faster rate of fire, larger area of effect, and are much easier to aim at moving targets.

A sniper built on the same principle would be hilarious really. We'll have infinite ammo, but you can bet the trade-off for that would be that we won't actually be able to kill anyone with it.

Our weapons all sound nice in theory. In practice, they're crap. Even the "zero bullet drop" that people always go on about is a lie. We DO have bullet drop AND our projectiles are slower. Try sniping anything (stationary) further than 50m with a VS sniper rifle dead-on and watch the bullet hit the ground at his feet.
  20. iPlague

Make best Sniper rifle for Higby's faction, make money.
    TR? Well they pretty much glued a bunch of stuff together, but this is like the Striker, a very lacking, ES niche weapon.
    VS forever sniping.